Radar-Screen Target Altitude

Steph-JJ

Is that right?

My target is flying on 22000ft but Radar-Screen shows 6705m.

Is this corretly, I think, it should be an indication in ft.

"You want me to fly in the back of a tiny little jet with a crazy fighter pilot who thinks he´s invincible,

home in on a SAM site in North Vietnam and shoot it before it shoots me?

You´ve gotta be shittin´me!"

Captain Jack Donovan

Also bei werden Fuß und Meilen angezeigt. Laut Radar 6700 Fuß

Ist aber nicht richtig,

es sind 6705m was wiederum 22000ft entspricht.

"You want me to fly in the back of a tiny little jet with a crazy fighter pilot who thinks he´s invincible,

Captain Jack Donovan

1m roughly 3.2 feet. 6705 * 3.2 = 21,456. Correct give or take the conversion error.

Edited by Wayc00lio

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Asus ROG Rampage Extreme VI; i9 7900X (all 10 cores at 4.5GHz); 32 Gb Corsair Dominator DDR4; EVGA 1080Ti Hybrid; 1Tb Samsung 960 Evo M2; 2Tb Samsung 850 Pro secondary.

Oculus Rift; TM Warthog; Saitek Combat Pros.

Hmm, that is not the point. The calculation is ok, the point is: why is the radar giving the targets height in METRIC (meter) while everything else is IMPERIAL (feet).

All western aircraft use feet for altitude, right? Would be extremely annoying and stressful for the pilot to calculate the altitude in feet from the radar, instead of just taking a quick glance...

My guess, it is still WIP, but it would be cool if Cpt.Smiley or somebody else who have seen a French radar IRL could chime in and clarify, if it's just a bug or "selectable", or if radar really uses meters for target altitude?

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

in TWS-Mode the indication is in ft

in STT-Mode the indication is in m

Captain Jack Donovan

Radar-Screen Target Altitude

in TWS-Mode the indication is in ft

in STT-Mode the indication is in m

I have reported this bug quite early. It will be fixed but so far they haven't touched anything in the radar at all. I suppose that they will rework the radar once for all.