M2k Community Mods List

CHRISXTR3M3

Hey guys, I have started to compile a group of mods for the M2k under one link. We have Sedenion's work along with the modified lua from Tharos for the missile dynamics and then the aim-9 enable also from well...I forget from where I got it but thanks to the original modder for that!

Link is below. There might be more mods out there that I missed so please post the links here and I will update and edit my cloud folder with the newest additions. :pilotfly:

EDIT: updated link

https://drive.google.com/folder/d/0Bys4qWbevdJ8MlFXbHFYRFcwNkU/edit

Edit: Jan 31,2016

Added Werewolf's NVG mod

Original Download here: http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/1741266/

You're awesome for this werewolf!

Edited by CHRISXTR3M3
  • Like 2

LoL ... I've clicked the missiles mode and in the read me file it says

"File oath is in ..."

I'm like ???

Do we need to pledge an oath not to use this in multiplayer or something along those lines but then I've realized O is next to P so xD

Lmfao!!! Nice =D. Also quick edit** had to change folders so updated link is now on OP

Hi, I know I may sound like a smartass now, but I have to comment.

As much as these community Mods help to make the Mirage more fun and enjoyable, everyone who uses mods on the current Beta state Mirage please be aware, that modding luas, adding files etc. makes bug tracking cumbersome.

When you install mods and encounter a supposed bug, it is very(!) important to recheck and reproduce it with an unmodified version.

So if you are just playing around with the pre-release beta for fun, enjoy and have fun.

If you encounter any weird or buggy behavior remember the mods and changes you placed (check that JSGME really removes all files it added, remember to take snapshot of clean DCS files after each update!) and check if it's reproducible.

Just an example: even DCS repair cannot delete NVidia SweetFX completely and thus when you "deinstall" it with JSGME may no longer launch... Search the files manually and delete them, voila, everything back to normal.

So again just be aware what mods may do and change.

Cheers.

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

For cockpit and input mods (VTB/VTH), a DCS repair overwrites moded LUA with the originals ones. (for other mods, i don't know)

But it's a good advice to tell to remove mods before reporting a bug, since i know a bad thing in LUA can cause CTD (tested and approved during DLZ tweak :D )

For cockpit and input mods (VTB/VTH), a DCS repair overwrites moded LUA with the originals ones. (for other mods, i don't know)

But it's a good advice to tell to remove mods before reporting a bug, since i know a bad thing in LUA can cause CTD (tested and approved during DLZ tweak :D )

Yep, that was the point. Most of the time, especially with JSGME it is easy to revert, but there are some mods that tweak some luas, that are processed during runtime. What other DB tables may get changed, if updater does not track changes after a rollback only ED knows.

I had this example with Nvidia SweetFX as someone else just ran into the same issue...

In the end you simply cannot be 100% sure that the supposed bug, is related to an unclean mod removal. :(

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

Hey people !

You should also add this external mod to your list : http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1394206&postcount=18 is for Emulating Force feed back, that completely changed my M2000 Beta testing experience :thumbup:

Followed the link but there really isn't an explanation on how integrate that software with other modules besides the black shark. Do you know how to work with it? If so let us know please! I'd be more than happy to add it to the mod list!

Do you know how to work with it? If so let us know please! I'd be more than happy to add it to the mod list!

Yeah, that's quite easy, just download the package according to your operating system 32bit or 64 bit. extract simffb.exe wherever you want (desktop) start it before or after dcs.

and when you get in M2000 or any plane that doesn't have FFB. do Alt-Tab and in simffb, go in option menu and check "init directinput" and here you have FBB on M2000 :) you have to keep simffb.exe running has long has you want to use it (lmao).

when you switch in a other plane that have ffb, it should auto disabled simffb.exe "init directinput" uncheck.

I read that we should leave trimmer option to "none" in option menu (chopper option).

after that, set "spring force", "damper force", "friction force" as you wish, it will keep setting for next use (I use 65%, 22%, 22%, swap axis uncheck).

Keep in mind is just a tool, that put force in your joystick, doesn't simulate Flight model or missile lunch...

Edited by wdrago

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]