Masada mission problems

hi there, was wondering if there's a bug in this mission - I flown it for a couple of times and everytime I never got a debrief for a success and got a CTD on top of it... :/ has anyone else got problems with this mission?

SB11

Edited by silentbob11

CPU: intel Core i7 9700K ~ 3.6 GHZ , nVidia RTX2060 SUPER, 32GB 3300 Mhz RAM, DELL 24" LED. Windows 10

First time I hear about CTD there. Doubt it is something with the mission itself, but happy to hear experience of others. When does the CTD happen? At the end?

just tried the mission again and it crashed. it comes at the very end of the mission (well i guess it's the end cause there are no tgts left (except the trucks that have been stopped outside the compound) when I try to quit the mission I get a "DCS has stop working" message and then CTD. it's the third consecutive time it happens.

SB11

CPU: intel Core i7 9700K ~ 3.6 GHZ , nVidia RTX2060 SUPER, 32GB 3300 Mhz RAM, DELL 24" LED. Windows 10

I have tried this mission three times and have not been able to figure it out. I take out the targets of opportunity but do not have any further guidance after. I cannot seem to get the ground units to move in on the compound.

Thanks!

PC: ASROCK Z370 Gaming K6 | Intel i7 8700K | GeForce 2080TI | 32GB GeSkill 3200 RAM | GeForce 2080TI | 500GB Samsung 850 EVO M.2 | 1TB Samsung 860 EVO M.2

FLIGHT STUFF: Rift S | Warthog Base | Virpil Base | Hornet Grip | A-10 Grip | Cougar Grip | Virpil F-14 Grip | Cougar MFD's | A-10C UFC | Saitek Flight Panels | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals

I have tried this mission three times and have not been able to figure it out. I take out the targets of opportunity but do not have any further guidance after. I cannot seem to get the ground units to move in on the compound.

Thanks!

Can't remember the exact sequence from the top of my head, but something along the lines in spoiler below. One thing - as usual, remember to check if all the radios are on correct frequencies!

OK in order:

1. Anchor west from the city. Wait for information that the convoy is leaving the port.

2. The chopper which has landed in the port will take off.

3. The convoy will be stopped by special forces. Soon after that Israeli AMC will get shot at by some AAA and there will be two groups of armoured cars moving north and south from the compound plus additional ones in the compound itself. You will be tasked with taking out the south group (going towards the trucks and Israeli special forces. Destroy them.

4. Apaches will engage the northern group.

5. The chopper will take off, you will be tasked with destroying it.

6. Then AMC will call you to help Apaches to engage the outposts and AAA in the compound. Only after all 4 AAA pieces and both north and south outposts are destroyed will you be able to call in the ground troops.

Let me know if this helps!

ce535d_9d347b62819c4372b3c485a4f95d2004~mv2.png

MASADA

I managed to finish it at last, finished the whole campaign in fact. the thing is you got to follow the briefing and radio commands TO THE LETTER. otherwise you're gonna fail the mission.in Masada mission I found out that what failed me was the fact that I went after that boat and sank it. when I left it for the Georgian Navy, I succeeded :).

SB11

Aye - that is what would be expected from you in real life I guess :) hope you enjoyed it!

as a former military man, I can tell you that sometimes it's better to "not understand correctly" the orders from up-high and do whats right for your men and mission on the ground... :smilewink:

SB11