Need help making JTAC lase the target

Rlaxoxo

Ok you Have several JTAC setup

Most are too far from target groups to lase,

and the one named from pic above JTAC (Axeman) is in a starting position facing away from the group you want him to target also it might be too far away 800m across a road and a ditch so there is most likely a line of sight issue for it

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Modules are like Pokemon you gotta catch 'em all :joystick::lol::pilotfly:

AMD Ryzen7 3700x, G-Skills 32Gb RAM @ 3200Mhz, MSI GTX1080Ti, TM Warthog (20cm extension by Sahaj), MFG Crosswind Pedals, Oculus Rift, Track Ir5

yeah 150 - 200 meters works, it becomes a bit more hit and miss the further away it gets,

but too close and you stand the chance of the JTAC getting taken out by the exploding target / GBU impact

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Modules are like Pokemon you gotta catch 'em all :joystick::lol::pilotfly:

AMD Ryzen7 3700x, G-Skills 32Gb RAM @ 3200Mhz, MSI GTX1080Ti, TM Warthog (20cm extension by Sahaj), MFG Crosswind Pedals, Oculus Rift, Track Ir5

my advice is if you are having problems with terrain use an AFAC predator drone at 15000~ feet. he should always have sight and be able to lase as long as he's anywhere near the target.

Have you succeeded in that? In my experience Predator never wanted to work with laser or IR pointer for me..

ce535d_9d347b62819c4372b3c485a4f95d2004~mv2.png

don't bother with the drones, BD's right and they're totally busted.

what's funny is that the MQ-9 reaper's targeting pod even tracks the group you set it to lase, but no matter it's altitude, aspect etc it won't fire a pointer or laser

how logn has this stuff even been busted? has it been a long time and nobody noticed?

anyway you should be able to just use infantry. just have them use the advanced waypoint settings to set themselves to invisible or immortal then put them 50m away in a straight line from the stuff you need them to lase.

you can make it a little more complex if it's actually supposed to be a scenario but if it's just a test it's no big deal.

Does anyone have a mission file where they have definitively confirmed that this is working? I have downloaded a number of so-called working mission files but so far none have been reliable. I dont need anything fancy here. Just a JTAC, a tank for it to target and a Mirage lined up at the proper altitude and heading so I can see if I can get this working.

--Maulkin

Windows 10 64-bit - AMD Ryzen 9 5900X @ 3.7 GHz - 32 GB DDR4 3600MHz RAM - EVGA FTW3 RTX 3080 - Asus Crosshair VIII Hero motherboard - Samsung EVO Pro 1 TB SSD - TrackIR 4 Pro - Thrustmaster Warthog - Saitek rudder pedals - Lilliput UM-80/C with TM Cougars

It's a script that has JTAC functionality. You can look at the triggers in the mission above to see how to load it (it requires MIST as well) and set units as JTAC's.

In the mission above I was testing the functionality I was adding to allow telling a unit to stop lasing and labeling units as priorities.

Anyway as I have it set up use the F10 menu to tell them to start lasing. After that you can flip them on or off at will. I think in its last state they're targeting just 'troop', but you can change it to 'all' or 'vehicle'.

I ptefer it because after tearing my hair out with the built in system that seems not to work I found CTLD does actually work...

I think Ciribob merged both pieces of functionality in this weekend, so it should all be there

It's a script that has JTAC functionality. You can look at the triggers in the mission above to see how to load it (it requires MIST as well) and set units as JTAC's.

In the mission above I was testing the functionality I was adding to allow telling a unit to stop lasing and labeling units as priorities.

Anyway as I have it set up use the F10 menu to tell them to start lasing. After that you can flip them on or off at will. I think in its last state they're targeting just 'troop', but you can change it to 'all' or 'vehicle'.

I ptefer it because after tearing my hair out with the built in system that seems not to work I found CTLD does actually work...

I think Ciribob merged both pieces of functionality in this weekend, so it should all be there

Damn this is nice, Is it possible to use this for 1.5.3 tho?

Would really like to know ins and outs of this to set this up for me : )

If you have any tips pls do share ^^

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Youtube

Reddit

Should work fine in 1.5.3. I can try later and confirm. I did my testing in 2.0, but that was only because the LGB tracking wasn't working yet for the Mirage in 1.5 at the time or something.

https://github.com/ciribob/DCS-CTLD/

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/ciribob/DCS-CTLD/master/CTLD.lua

It's pretty easy to use. If you look at the test mission I posted you just set them to autolase and they will do anything in range they have LOS on and you go from there. script has the example how to tell them to stop, how to target just troops, _unit_ names set with hpriority and priority labels, etc.

Maybe i'll help, during recent testing (to try the no-crash GBU dropping in 1.5.3), I have had trouble having JTACs lasing also (they give Type 3 control, No mark). I have finally managed to have it working by replacing the unarmed HMMWV by a TOW-armed HMMWV, and that guy (placed in the same position) did agree to lase.

So, this might be a thing to try ;)

Maybe i'll help, during recent testing (to try the no-crash GBU dropping in 1.5.3), I have had trouble having JTACs lasing also (they give Type 3 control, No mark). I have finally managed to have it working by replacing the unarmed HMMWV by a TOW-armed HMMWV, and that guy (placed in the same position) did agree to lase.

So, this might be a thing to try ;)

I'll give it a shot thanks

___

It Works thanks man all's good now

Edited by Rlaxoxo

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Youtube

Reddit