Virtual Aerobatics Back Online

Pman

Hi Guys,

Just an update really, WE have finally resolved the issues with the new hardware and the server has performed exceptionally well in the tests we have performed internally.

So it is with great pleasure I can post that the VA server is now back up and running full time :)

Pman, Rock & The Virtual Aerobatics Team

Thank you Pman!

Intel i7-14700@5.6GHz | MSI RTX4080 Super SuprimX | Corsair V. 32GB@6400MHz. | Samsung 1TB 990 PRO SSD (Win10Homex64)
Samsung G5 32" + Samsung 18" + 2x8"TFT Displays | Saitek X-55 Rhino & Rudder | TM MFD Cougars | Logitech G13, G230, G510, PZ55 & Farming Sim Panel | TIR5 & M.Quest3 VR
>>MY MODS<< | Discord: Devrim#1068

Excellent news.........been waiting on this for a long time :thumbup:

As they said in that coffee advert......"worth waiting for"

was it coffee?? :helpsmilie::D

Nice work Pman and all at VA, well done guy's

Game on :joystick:

System :-

i7-12700K 3.6 GHz 12 core, ASUS ROG Strix Z690-A Gaming, 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200MHz, 24GB Asus ROG Strix Geforce RTX 3090, 1x 500GB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, 1x 2TB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, Corsair 1000W RMx Series Modular 80 Plus Gold PSU, Windows 10. VIRPIL VPC WarBRD Base with HOTAS Warthog Stick and Warthog Throttle, VIRPIL ACE Interceptor Pedals, VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus Base with a Hawk-60 Grip, HP Reverb G2.

• 2 months later...

We are now trying to run a second VA server for the Nevada map.

It is up and running since yesterday, the mission is still being adjusted but overall it is running very smooth. Give it a try if you're around on NTTR!

Both are running simultaneously and we will gladly keep the Nevada one running if there's a demand for such a server, granted that it's all going smoothly.

In case you got any ideas for the mission, don't hesitate to let us know! Automatic server restarts are scheduled every 4hr, being on the same schedule as the 1.5 Caucasus server.

Have fun and enjoy your stay.

Edited by codefox

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hello guys,

thanks so much for the VA server!

Last night it was my first time joining in and checking things out.

Would it be possible to have the aircrafts already started on the ground, instead of having to manually start them every time? It would save some time :)

Just a thought.

E.

Kaby Lake @ 4.6Ghz - Gigabyte Z170-D3H - 16Gb DDR4 - Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 OC - Samsung EVO 250Gb SSD - Seagate 1 Tb HDD - HTC Vive - Rift CV1

We are testing this on the Nevada server and looking to add some hotstart a/c to the old mission eventually. This is more for having more of a particular airframe on limited airport slots, variety is always good too.

• 1 month later...

Because of the recent changes to the DCS netcode, we are now running an OpenBeta 1.5.4 server next to our Stable 1.5.3 server.

Due to this, the NTTR server has to be temporarily disabled for a week.

Supposedly all the major lag issues should be gone by now, no more warping and all that, so we've set this server up for you to enjoy the latest changes to 1.5 prior to stable release.

The plan is to re-enable the NTTR server once the 1.5.4 update hits stable release.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

On the 1.5.3 VA server, I've been repeatedly having an issue where in hours two or three in uptime, my DCS client frame rate quickly slows down and freezes. The DCS client is completely non-responsive and has to be restarted after tabbing out. This might be a few minutes into a flight (after takeoff from Anapa) or during flight near other aircraft. The problem disappears when the server restarts.

Is this a known issue? Is there anything I can help with to diagnose the issue? I looked through logs in /Saved Games/DCS/Logs and nothing stands out, but I'll generate a fresh set and see if I spot anything.

Aerobatics Online Server Admin

Gaming Rig: i7 7700k @ 4.6, Nvidia GTX-1080Ti, 16GB DDR4, 1TB NVMe SDD.

Hardware: TM Warthog w/ 10cm extension, TM Pendular Rudder Pedals, Obutto r3volution pit, Oculus Rift CV1

I have a problem with the VA server: I am not seated inside any of the aircraft cockpits when I choose any aircraft.

I am either sitting too low below the plane, or above, and it seems as if the cockpit are broken.

It only happens in the VA server, as it's not happening in single player, or playing on a friend' server.

Any help?

Kaby Lake @ 4.6Ghz - Gigabyte Z170-D3H - 16Gb DDR4 - Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 OC - Samsung EVO 250Gb SSD - Seagate 1 Tb HDD - HTC Vive - Rift CV1

This is a pretty weird issue. I know servers enforce some view settings like FOV but I've never heard about this one.

Which server did you connect to, the 1.5.3 or 1.5.4 one? Took a look at the view settings but it all seems to be good.

Also, a track file could help me out to figure the problem.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi there.

Thanks for your help!

I don't have a track file but I posted in the Bugs and Problems a screenshot:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2827061&postcount=1

I connected to 1.5.4.

I don't have any problem in a friend server - he uses 1.5.4 as well.

So I just re-checked everything.

You appear to be the only one having this issue at the moment but still I'm trying to see and reproduce it.

I checked the mission file and our DCS options. DCS is set to (almost) default settings, also none of the view settings are stored anywhere in the mission. The server has 3D rendering disabled and is running on a dedicated machine so there has never been any need to change camera settings, so we never did that.

Does your friend experience the same issue on our server? If not, please try clearing your DCS settings (you should backup your input profiles beforehand) and see if anything got better.

Also, hold out for the update that is supposed to come out today. In case DCS receives it's planned update, we will update our stable server to 1.5.4. I'd guess some issues should already be fixed by then.

You can try loading our mission in DCS, which you can download here: https://files.codefox.me/index.php/s/Co6515mhlRMNhZT

Try it out if you got some time and let me know if the camera issue is still the same, thanks!

The current 1.5.4 server is just for testing at this moment and it'll get set back to Nevada once we got 1.5.4 running on stable.

Edit: it appears only the open beta has received an update today. Our 1.5.4 open beta server has been updated.

Edited by codefox
  • Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

CodeFox,

thank you very much for looking into this!

It appears that it has been fixed in the latest update!

Cheers! Happy camper again!

• 3 weeks later...

Hi.

Why does VA server go offline again in 5 mins after a restart?

I wasn't in this server for a while, but I see that frequently server goes offline suddenly. :\

Intel i7-14700@5.6GHz | MSI RTX4080 Super SuprimX | Corsair V. 32GB@6400MHz. | Samsung 1TB 990 PRO SSD (Win10Homex64)
Samsung G5 32" + Samsung 18" + 2x8"TFT Displays | Saitek X-55 Rhino & Rudder | TM MFD Cougars | Logitech G13, G230, G510, PZ55 & Farming Sim Panel | TIR5 & M.Quest3 VR

There have been some server stability issues with this latest version we are trying to work out. 1 of them seems to be with cargo which we have removed again. Right now our biggest issue is with the "Access Violation" error that drops the server. This has only happens on the server once or twice per day though. I know a good number of clients are getting dropped more often then that and many of them think the server restarted when in fact it has not.

Hopefully ED can clean up whats wrong with the current version soon.

Got it. Thanks for the explanation, Shahdoh.

I had to take down the server for a small unscheduled maintenance earlier today because we were experiencing a technical issue on our side. This has been resolved now and everything is up and running again.

Sorry for any inconveniences caused by this.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thank you Codefox. I knew it was you. :P

:)

• 4 weeks later...

It's been a long time since I last flew in DCS so I'm pretty out of the scene and I've been trying to find the VA server for several days in vain. Is the server down? What is it even called in the server list? Is it set to be visible to everyone?

I'm using DCS version 1.5.4.55952, is it compatible with VA or maybe I'm using incorrect version and that's why I can't see it?

Thanks