Did you guys notice any fps loss after last update?

Yes. Some visual settings in 1.5.3 have increased by x3 compared to 1.5.2

Mustang has posted the old 1.5.2 settings files here

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2685487&postcount=36

Other suggestions are to use

i9 9900K @4.9GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

Wow, I took a look at the old lua files compared to the new ones; some of the values for render distance had gone way up. Feel like this should have been in the change log.

Also, what in the world is 'smallShitDimention'!? It's set to 4000. Are there little cow patties scattered around the fields that I've never seen? If so, I'm totally going to raise the value to 100,000 and see if I can plague the world with 10 foot tall piles of crap! :yes:

Sent from my Computer using the Internet

Also, what in the world is 'smallShitDimention'!? It's set to 4000. Are there little cow patties scattered around the fields that I've never seen? If so, I'm totally going to raise the value to 100,000 and see if I can plague the world with 10 foot tall piles of crap! :yes:

Yeah, I noticed the same term and texture files :yes: . It's actually grass, if I remember correctly.

Since the last update I have stutters when I use the mouse to look around in the external view (F2) but only then. If the view is static it is very smooth. In the cockpit view everythings seems fine. Any idea?

Edited by montypython76

I7-9700K -- 32GB RAM -- RTX 4070 -- Virpil T-50CM3 Throttle + WarBRD Base -- Thrustmaster TPR -- Quest 3 

I can tell you in 2d 4K no problem, but when switch over to 3D or VR 1.5.3 is a huge fps killer in those modes. Runs much better in 2.0 and quite frankly you can import the caucus map their and fly it. Staying away from 1.5

Intel 8700k @5ghz, 32gb ram, 1080ti, Rift S

I get massive fps drops when I'm using zoom (in the cockpit) or when I'm maneuvering very low. I've got a 780TI and a i7 4770k on stock. Other people say I should at least get 80+ fps but, even with reduced shadows and visibility, I'm far away from that.

I highly recommend you overclock your i7, that will net you the most fps gain other than upgrading video card.

Intel 8700k @5ghz, 32gb ram, 1080ti, Rift S