2x nvidia or 1x ATI ??

I confirmed that there is no benefit having 2 graphics card in lomac so my guess is get 1 ATI.

However I have 2x 7800GTX running SLI mode. I got this just to play lomac with high AA such as 8xSLIAA. I does fantastic job doing it. if you need high AA get good nvidias and make them SLI.

I confirmed that there is no benefit having 2 graphics card in lomac so my guess is get 1 ATI.

However I have 2x 7800GTX running SLI mode. I got this just to play lomac with high AA such as 8xSLIAA. I does fantastic job doing it. if you need high AA get good nvidias and make them SLI.

thanx duude

Robbie.

Unless you have to upgrade now. Stick the money in the bank. Add a whole lot more to it. And save for the even bigger upgrade when DX10 stuff hits the shelves.

Otherwise you will just have to upgrade again if you want the dx10 candy

Not to mention the new processors that will be out by then.

I prefer one good nVidia card but other could prefer one good ATI.

7300 card is... lets say it... cr4p. Is an entry level card good for office and not for Lock On. Two of them... well someone ate a lot eh?

I personaly dislike the "new market" ideea of SLI and Crossfire. Always you will see a better single card than a "cheap" SLI/Crossfire solution. If you are richer an have two identical cards of the best single card and you want to put them in SLI/Crosfire... yup... your game don't support yet that tehnology. When you beloved game support it... guess what, there is another single supercard on the market that is cheaper, cooler, quiter, less voltage-hungry than your "duplex" and it beats the sh... out of your monster. So... Dual card configurations are for show off... it look cool on the sigs :D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

I prefer one good nVidia card but other could prefer one good ATI.

7300 card is... lets say it... cr4p. Is an entry level card good for office and not for Lock On. Two of them... well someone ate a lot eh?

I personaly dislike the "new market" ideea of SLI and Crossfire. Always you will see a better single card than a "cheap" SLI/Crossfire solution. If you are richer an have two identical cards of the best single card and you want to put them in SLI/Crosfire... yup... your game don't support yet that tehnology. When you beloved game support it... guess what, there is another single supercard on the market that is cheaper, cooler, quiter, less voltage-hungry than your "duplex" and it beats the sh... out of your monster. So... Dual card configurations are for show off... it look cool on the sigs :D

thanx for your suggestion duude,

well they suggest 2 or also 3 or 4 cards for multiple monitors and not for 3d videogames.. that's why I asked here if for a single monitor it's better the ATI x1900 or two nvidia.

I need a powerful card also becouse I'm using 1920x1200 resolution, they also offer the NVIDIA Quadro FX 4500 512MB, but it's extra 1300€ from the ati .. a lot of money.. I think I'll go for the ati then.. or wait a bit becouse I can wait few months more...

Robbie.

zaGURUinzaSKY at this moment from nVidia the best buy video card with high quality and high rez in mind would be GF7900GT with 256MB, 7900GTX with 512MB adds extra punch but quite a lot expensive. Anything beyond (SLI that is) is way more expensive and brings all the bads: power consuption, heat, noise and the guilotine above its head as Nvidia and ATI are preparing for autumn releases.

If you are preparing for an upgrade for LO BS, MS FSX, BOB (hell, even Crysis :D ) you better wait, you will get later at least cheaper even if you buy one of today cards then.

If you are for some professional use of dual cards/heads then the problem is different

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

zaGURUinzaSKY at this moment from nVidia the best buy video card with high quality and high rez in mind would be GF7900GT with 256MB, 7900GTX with 512MB adds extra punch but quite a lot expensive. Anything beyond (SLI that is) is way more expensive and brings all the bads: power consuption, heat, noise and the guilotine above its head as Nvidia and ATI are preparing for autumn releases.

If you are preparing for an upgrade for LO BS, MS FSX, BOB (hell, even Crysis :D ) you better wait, you will get later at least cheaper even if you buy one of today cards then.

If you are for some professional use of dual cards/heads then the problem is different

I'm going to by MacPro to install MaxOSx for my job (photographer) and windows for my flight toys... Ill take your suggestion and wait a bit when I'll really need an upgrade to manage bigger digital images.

Robbie.

I would say that the best buy is either 7900GT with 512 MB RAM or ATI X1800XT with 512 MB RAM (may be harder to find). I certainly wouldn't recommend getting a 256 MB RAM with such a negligable price difference.

i386DX40@42 MHz w/i387 CP, 4 MB RAM (8*512 kB), Trident 8900C 1 MB w/16-bit RAMDAC ISA, Quantum 340 MB UDMA33, SB 16, DOS 6.22 w/QEMM + Win3.11CE, Quickshot 1btn 2axis, Numpad as hat. 2 FPH on a good day, 1 FPH avg.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are still absolutely useless. Just finding excuses not to learn the F-14 (HB's Swansong?).

Annoyed by my posts? Please consider donating. Once the target sum is reached, I'll be off to somewhere nice I promise not to post from. I'd buy that for a dollar!

I would say that the best buy is either 7900GT with 512 MB RAM or ATI X1800XT with 512 MB RAM (may be harder to find). I certainly wouldn't recommend getting a 256 MB RAM with such a negligable price difference.

Hm, they said that they would not release a GT with 512MB of ram. And I didnt see one in my country but, Romania is not quite the example off speed :D . Definately a 7900GT with 512MB would rock.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hm, they said that they would not release a GT with 512MB of ram. And I didnt see one in my country but, Romania is not quite the example off speed :D . Definately a 7900GT with 512MB would rock.

It's old news probably. They're available for the last six months at least. They're clocked at 550 MHz GPU by default. I owned one (got it in Germany, though) but it started artefacting after two weeks of use. But that's a common 7900GT issue.

i386DX40@42 MHz w/i387 CP, 4 MB RAM (8*512 kB), Trident 8900C 1 MB w/16-bit RAMDAC ISA, Quantum 340 MB UDMA33, SB 16, DOS 6.22 w/QEMM + Win3.11CE, Quickshot 1btn 2axis, Numpad as hat. 2 FPH on a good day, 1 FPH avg.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are still absolutely useless. Just finding excuses not to learn the F-14 (HB's Swansong?).

Annoyed by my posts? Please consider donating. Once the target sum is reached, I'll be off to somewhere nice I promise not to post from. I'd buy that for a dollar!

Dont go SLI its gimicky rubbish, get a NV7950 !

1 gig of combined GDDR3 RAM and uses the full x16 PCIe speed unlike SLI which shares it 50/50.

My mate bought one for £480 a couple of months back and its beats all other top of the range cards, he hasnt found a game run on full settings that will slow it down !