Atmospheric flight 'sim'

ok ive never played this game (let alone heard of it) and it might be the worst flight modelled game ever but still the atmosphere created by having crew on the carrier deck and air traffic looks great in my opinion -

hopefully in a few years ED will have the tech to do this alongside an awesome flight model

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3VeVLbUWGrs&mode=related&search=

game is called 'Over G Fighters' on Xbox 360 apparently

Yeah I know! if they can do a dust trail on the ground surely they can have a modified water wake - and even though some people dont believe it happens it does when the jet is pointed into the water at close proximity say when pulling up from a very low altitidue run.

exactly - and you can get jet boats too and last time i looked the jet wasnt angled that far into the water either

I still think you would have to fly very low to get much of splash - even when choppers fly at 100ft its not that noticable as i found this summer

how is aircraft as low as 1ft ASL (at sea level yes?) unrealistic?

I thought they proved ground effect not be able to stop an aircraft flrying lower? I have seen videos that show jets fly at only a few feet above the ground.

Guest IguanaKing
how is aircraft as low as 1ft ASL (at sea level yes?) unrealistic?

I thought they proved ground effect not be able to stop an aircraft flrying lower? I have seen videos that show jets fly at only a few feet above the ground.

Its how many times you can do it on a given flight without ending up as fish food where the problem comes in. ;) Unlike land, the surface of the water is constantly moving up and down, and that can end your life pretty quickly on any given day. That being said, however, I do like the video. It wouldn't necessarily have to be quite that low to leave a short rooster tail, that would happen if it were slightly higher and pitched up. I notice they don't show the depression in the water caused by wake turbulence though. As I think Thomas was implying, extra eye-candy you won't normally see in the pit is just going to eat up extra CPU cycles anyway. ;)

at the alt the f-14 is flying and at that speed there should be even more water being ruptured. Even at level flight the aircraft pushes a wall of air infront of it, especially during near supersonic speed, you will see something like the wake waves of a boat but the boat isnt actually there..

Flip

madrebel.png

sig.jpg

"Imagine the reason that people hold on to

hatred so stubbornly is because if the hate

is removed, the pain will set in. Do not follow where

the path may lead. Go instead where there is

no path and leave a trail."

in terms of gfx effects ED need to play IL2 PF. It still amazes me. So much fun. Landing especially. :p

WHISPR | Intel I7 5930K | Nvidia GTX980 4GB GDDR5 | 16GB DDR4 | Intel 730 series 512GB SSD | Thrustmaster WARTHOG | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR4 pro |

|A-10C|BS2 |CA|P-51 MUSTANG|UH-1H HUEY|MI-8 MTV2 |FC3|F5E|M2000C|AJS-37|FW190|BF 109K|Mig21|A-10:SSC,EWC|L-39|NEVADA|