Keep losing radar lock while snaking

Stuge

If this is a bug... well, this one and the earlier lack of IFF and radar antenna elevation.. and it's been almost 4 months since release..

I think RAZBAM should fire all of their testing team and hire me instead :D

Sorry. :)

This is not because a bug is known that it is solved...

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI RTX3080/ RAM 64 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Virpil CM3 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Reverb G2.

Flickr gallery: https://www.flickr.com/gp/71068385@N02/728Hbi

Yeah.. my point is it's kinda bad PR to release a module, even in beta, with these three giant bugs.

It's only slightly better than releasing a module with standard flight model ala Hawk...

the IFF and Radar Elevation / Slewing were not bugs.

And they stated even before the beta release they those things were not ready at launch.

And dont you dare compare this module with the hawk... :shocking:

Since the hawk has been out for a long time (in beta alpha or whatever=P )

And it still hasent gotten a proper flight model a correct gunpod (though both of those things are comming soon) its gunsight is still not working correctly and a large number of other things.

Where as the mirage 2000 gets better and better for every weak that goes.

And it progresses very quickly.

I understand that one wants it to be perfect today =P but give it some more time.

Edited by mattebubben

Yeah I guess I'm a little harsh today :)

But it really kills me when I see a product released that even temporarily fails to reach the old Lock On standard.(yeah the 10+ year old one). And it's called "high fidelity" :)

When a radar has no working IFF, no working antenna elevation, and doesn't even maintain lock as supposed to, it really is below the old standard and kills any desire to fly it in a combat situation.

It doesn't have to be perfect. I just want the basics to be there. There's a similar trend in mainstream game releases as well. Unbelievable sums of money are put into designing the fanciest of games. But programmers neglect the most basic features that games have had for 10-20 years. Neglected screen resolutions, mouse sensitivity issues, forced mouse acceleration/filtering, pointless frame rate locks, unbindable key commands, input lag, unadjustable basic graphics settings, the list goes on...

Sorry, a little off topic, but I had to let it out. But I'm sure the M2000 will be great once the basics are handled properly :):)

Edited by Stuge

When a radar has no working IFF, no working antenna elevation, and doesn't even maintain lock as supposed to, it really is below the old standard and kills any desire to fly it in a combat situation.

The radar has a working IFF and it also has a working antenna elevation. The lock problem is really hard to find and kill and we are working with ED on that one. But so far nobody has been able to catch it in action. It happens, but we don't know why and that is the 1st step to solve the problem. We will keep looking for a solution, but unfortunately a quick one is not coming up YET.

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"The three most dangerous things in the world are a programmer with a soldering iron, a hardware type with a program patch and a user with an idea."

But it really kills me when I see a product released that even temporarily fails to reach the old Lock On standard.(yeah the 10+ year old one). And it's called "high fidelity" :)

Dude, come on now, no need for the hyperbole. *ONE* system is still under heavy development and was stated as such right from the beta launch.

As a whole the M2000 in it's current state far surpasses any of the old LockOn aircraft just on the flight model, let alone the other systems modelling.

• Like 1

The radar has a working IFF and it also has a working antenna elevation. The lock problem is really hard to find and kill and we are working with ED on that one. But so far nobody has been able to catch it in action. It happens, but we don't know why and that is the 1st step to solve the problem. We will keep looking for a solution, but unfortunately a quick one is not coming up YET.

Oh, nice! Here's a demo track.. the lock is dropped somewhere between 20-30 degrees, you will see how it goes ;)

M2000RadarBug.trk

I keep seeing friendly fire incident by Mirage pilot. In fact I almost became a victim, lucky me. I don't have the module yet, is it hard to do IFF in the Mirage for the beginner ? Sorry for little bit OT.

Cheers

Gam Zeh Ya'avor - King Salomon

Mastering others is strength. Mastering yourself is true power. - Lao Tze

I keep seeing friendly fire incident by Mirage pilot. In fact I almost became a victim, lucky me. I don't have the module yet, is it hard to do IFF in the Mirage for the beginner ? Sorry for little bit OT.

Cheers

IFF was added for the mirage last month so IFF accidents are much more rare now.

And its not that hard to use the IFF.

Basicly all you need to do is To turn on the Switch that Enables the IFF interrogator and then you turn it on when you have targets on your radar screen that you want to IFF.

And you get a mark if they are friendly.

And the symbols goes away after 10-15 sec so then you need to activate the interrogator again.

So it just requires a minimum amount of effort.

Only real danger are ppl that forget to turn the interrogator switch on since then it does not matter how much you try to iff it will show no friendly symbols.

But as soon as you know what switch to turn and one remembers to do it IFF is quick and easy.

It doesn't have to be perfect. I just want the basics to be there. There's a similar trend in mainstream game releases as well. Unbelievable sums of money are put into designing the fanciest of games. But programmers neglect the most basic features that games have had for 10-20 years. Neglected screen resolutions, mouse sensitivity issues, forced mouse acceleration/filtering, pointless frame rate locks, unbindable key commands, input lag, unadjustable basic graphics settings, the list goes on...

Sorry, a little off topic, but I had to let it out. But I'm sure the M2000 will be great once the basics are handled properly :):)

And also would the alternative have been any better? =P.

Since without a beta release and only internal testing etc progress would have been slower.

And we would have had a full/first release maby mid-late summer?.

Its not like they could have release a finished problem free module in december but decided not to ^^.

And i like this better.

Since it lets me learn how to fly and operate the mirage 2000 and all of it systems.

So for the day everything is fully working in the aircraft and its Truly 100% combat capable im already experienced in the aircraft and knows what to do.

And i actually do quite well on the 104th =P i avg 1.5-2.0 kills per death.

And thats no worse then my avg in the F-15 or any of the other FC-3 aircraft.

Edited by mattebubben

And the symbols goes away after 10-15 sec so then you need to activate the interrogator again.

So it just requires a minimum amount of effort.

Only real danger are ppl that forget to turn the interrogator switch on since then it does not matter how much you try to iff it will show no friendly symbols.

Well I see the problem now : click and forget

Thanks for the explanation

Cheers

Mastering others is strength. Mastering yourself is true power. - Lao Tze

Oh, nice! Here's a demo track.. the lock is dropped somewhere between 20-30 degrees, you will see how it goes ;)

Stuge, you are seriously not helping right now. RAZBAM has had one module out, its first one, and even though it came out slightly too early, they are handling it very professionally. Stop treating them like they ripped you off, cos they didn't. It's a premature open beta, stop complaining. Give them credit for the speed they're improving it at.

Gotta catch them all bandits! :joystick:

Cheers

Close combat mode doesn't work as designed currently. Also doesn't IFF. Maybe that's why?

If you need someone to help you simulate this, I can help. Pretty much each flight I have i lose radar lock because of this bug. Got a lot of videos too.

Stuge, you are seriously not helping right now. RAZBAM has had one module out, its first one, and even though it came out slightly too early, they are handling it very professionally. Stop treating them like they ripped you off, cos they didn't. It's a premature open beta, stop complaining. Give them credit for the speed they're improving it at.

I just interpreted wrong the part where Zeus said they couldn't catch the bug in action...

It is not unusual for known DCS bugs to go unfixed for years. I don't feel ripped off, I like pretty much everything about the M2000. But basic deficiencies really should be prioritized over the more trivial stuff :)

I just interpreted wrong the part where Zeus said they couldn't catch the bug in action...

It is not unusual for known DCS bugs to go unfixed for years. I don't feel ripped off, I like pretty much everything about the M2000. But basic deficiencies really should be prioritized over the more trivial stuff :)

Well the thing is.

They know of the bug.

They can see it happen and know when it happens.

But they dont know why it happends.

And if you dont know why its very hard to fix it.

If there was a obvious solution to it they would most likely have fixed it by know.

And as stated they are working together with ED to try to find the reason for the problem and fix it.

So they have caught the bug in action they just cant figure out why the bug happens and the radar does what it does.

And my understanding ofthe radar is that alot of the systems behind how the radar works is made by ED and not Razbam.

So Razbam simply got the radar tech from ED and implemented it into their module.

And now its acting up and Both them and ED are trying to find the problem and how to solve it.

Edited by mattebubben

I have the attitude of buying these modules early on a discount and sale and I don't fly them until almost out of beta or released.

Got the Hawk for £7 on a sale which is ridiculously cheap and flown it a hand full of times. I will revisit it when it's in open release.

I also have the M2000. Again bought on a discount and sale, flown a few times but won't get into it until they have finished it and release.

The fact is they can't win. People moan about extended delays and people moan about a unfinished product. Catch22.

I'm happyas there are plenty of other great modules to fly whilst I'm waiting for these to be completed and I've have them at a discount and a early first view.

Just wait until full release and pay full price for a completed module:smilewink: