Fps freezes in nevada

Hi, I have been flying nevada and georgia for some time now, and I have noticed that when flying nevada my game freezes sometimes when looking around. This does not happen in georgia, and both versions of dcs have the same graphic settings.

Anybody else experience this? Or does anyone have any tips how to get rid of this?

Its pretty game breaking when fighting su-27s at 25000 feet.

• ED Team

I dont have that issue personally,

what is your system spec?

You may find you have to lower your settings in dcs 2 depending on your system

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Graphics card: Nvidia Gtx 970

Processor: Intel Core i5-3470 CPU @ 3.20GHz 3.60GHz

RAM: 8GB

Windows 8.1

Ive also noticed that it is directly ties to loading the terrain, game is buttery smooth when looking forward or looking around in a small area, but make a big move with my head and the game freezes for a second and I can see unloaded textures here and there.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

How much RAM do you recommend? Luckily thats a pretty cheap upgrade to my rig.

i would have at least 16gb ram for dcs:joystick::pilotfly:

P-51, 190-D9, 109-K4, Spitfire MK IX, Normandy, and everything else:joystick:

i7 4770K, 4.3ghz, 32gb ram, Windows-10 Pro, Z87 Exstreme4, Corsair 850w psu, Samsung Evo 1T SSD & 250 SSD, Titan-X 12gb OC, Asus ROG Swift 27"/1440p/144hz/1ms monitor, Trackir 5, TM Warthog & 10cm extension, Saitek TPM, MFG crosswind pedals

• ED Team

DCS recommended and minimum spec below

Minimum system requirements: OS 64-bit Windows 7/8/10; DirectX11; CPU: Core i3; RAM: 8 GB; Free hard disk space: 60 GB; Video: 2 GB RAM card, DirectX11 - compatible; requires internet activation.

Recommended system requirements: OS 64-bit Windows 7/8/10; DirectX11; CPU: Core i5+; RAM: 16GB; Hard disk space: 60 GB; Video: NVIDIA GeForce GTX780 / ATI R9 290 DirectX11 or better; Joystick; requires internet activation.

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Noticed the same problem here after the 2.0.2 upgrade. 8 GB RAM as well, and I think the freezes were indeed related to looking around, though I'm not exactly sure.

Other than that, I got a very solid frame rate in 2.0.2 with an SSD, and these types of freezes were absolutely non-existent in previous 2.0 versions.

Probably won't be able to provide logs or other information for a couple of days because of a busy schedule, but if the issue remains with the update Wags announced for next Friday, I'll try to post all the relevant information.

OldE24, did you find a difference in performance between the different ram-amounts? Im just looking to get rid of the freezing, 16gb should be able to do that for me correct?

That sounds like exactly what i encounter Yurgon. Solid frames, until you look around and the frames freeze for a sec. Curious if this patch you mention will improve things for us.