Airspeed???

deanbrh

Hi,

Is anyone able to exceed 200 km/h indicated ? That seems to be the top speed I can get out of it but the Gazelle is capable of 260 cruise and 310 max?

Also, any real rotor heads can explain why the loss of lift when transitioning through etl?

Is anyone able to exceed 200 km/h indicated ? That seems to be the top speed I can get out of it but the Gazelle is capable of 260 cruise and 310 max?

The SA-342M, which is simulated in DCS does have a diffrent rotor than a standard Gazelle, more optimized towards MTOW than to top speed.

As you noted SA-342M will be crusing at the 180km/h-200km/h range.

Check out my YouTube: xxJohnxx

Intel i7 6800k watercooled | ASUS Rampage V Edition 10 | 32 GB RAM | Asus GTX1080 watercooled

Hi,

Also, any real rotor heads can explain why the loss of lift when transitioning through etl?

Please read the manual!

"The SA-342M1 Gazelle uses the TURBOMECA Astazou XIV Tuboprop engine, which directly comes from the Astazou II engine, used on the Aerospatiale Alouette Helicopter. Developing up to 870 hp, this engine is perfectly fitted on the Gazelle. Considering its very lightweight, the standard helicopter version, without HOT3 and Viviane sighting system, is able to reach a VNE of 310km/h.

Unfortunately, on the SA-342M1 Viviane version, the rotor blades choice allows a more important take-off mass but decreases the Vne to 280km/h, and the helicopter will hardly reach a maximal forward flight speed of 180 to 200km/h."

i9 9900K @ 5,0GHz | 1080GTX | 32GB RAM | 256GB, 512GB & 1TB Samsung SSDs | TIR5 w/ Track Clip | Virpil T-50 Stick with extension + Warthog Throttle | MFG Crosswind pedals | Gametrix 908 Jetseat

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]