Auto Lase isn't working

Hi Guys, I've been doing a lot of practicing with GBU's lately and am hitting my targets

consistently. The only problem is I can't get the auto laser to work. I have watched the

tutorials, done the Precision Guided Munitions training mission repeatedly where the auto

lase works.

I go into a mission, enter DSMS, open the weapons profile page, scroll down

to GBU 12, open the profile, change delivery to CCRP. Open change settings page, turn on

auto lase, enter a lase time of 12-15 seconds, and save the settings.

I climb to 12000-15000 feet, find the target on the TGP, run the release cue

down the PBIL, hold the weapon release button at 10 on the countdown. The weapon

releases, when the time of impact reaches my desired lase time; nothing. I then manually

lase with the NWS switch and hit the target.

It's not a big deal because I'm hitting my intended targets, but I can't figure out

what I'm doing wrong.

Alright, before we go any further, I'd like to confirm the steps you are taking to use the auto-lasing system.

1) Master Arm - On

2) Laser Arm - On

3) TGP - On

4) Wait for TGP to start up

5) Change TGP to A-G Mode

6) On DSMS, go to Profiles page

7) Select the GBU-12/10 Profile, depending on the munition you're using

8) Change the release mode to CCRP

9) Enter the Settings portion of the DSMS

10) Turn Auto-Lase on, and set desired Auto-Lase time

11) Find target on TGP, set target as SPI

12) Fly over target in CCRP

13) When countdown timer reaches 5, hold weapons release until 0

14) Weapon release, ensure bomb tracks correctly

Are there any other steps you are taking in there? Are there any you aren't? I've only used Auto-Lase a few times, but if you've done that, it should work properly IIRC.

PC: MSI Z170A M7, i7-6700K, 32GB Corsair Vengeance LED DDR4-3466, (x2) Asus GTX 1070 8GB STRIX [2-way SLI], (x2) Samsung 850 EVO 500GB, (x2) WD Caviar Blue 1TB 7,200 RPM, EVGA SuperNOVA P2 850W, Windows 10 Home, Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX Glass.

Periph: Razer - Black Widow Chroma, Kraken 7.1 Chroma, Seiren, Naga Hex; Thrustmaster Warthog, TrackIR 5, Saitek Pro-Flight Rudder Pedals, (x2) 22" 1920x1080, Bose Companion 5.

Woops. Well... 8 ), not 8)

PC: MSI Z170A M7, i7-6700K, 32GB Corsair Vengeance LED DDR4-3466, (x2) Asus GTX 1070 8GB STRIX [2-way SLI], (x2) Samsung 850 EVO 500GB, (x2) WD Caviar Blue 1TB 7,200 RPM, EVGA SuperNOVA P2 850W, Windows 10 Home, Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX Glass.

Periph: Razer - Black Widow Chroma, Kraken 7.1 Chroma, Seiren, Naga Hex; Thrustmaster Warthog, TrackIR 5, Saitek Pro-Flight Rudder Pedals, (x2) 22" 1920x1080, Bose Companion 5.

latch should be ON.

because ... ?

Latch On/Off just changes the behaviour of the Laser from ((Press NWS/Laser On-Press NWS/Laser Off) Latch ON) or ((Hold NWS/Laser On-Release NWS/Laser Off) Latch OFF (Standard))

mfg ente

Thats why, use the UFC to select GBU12s or if you have it set up on your HOTAS, DMS left or right to select the stores, then drop.

I had exactly the same issue as you, then someone told me to do it the way I've described and it worked.

• Like 1

And lo, Reverend Vegas did say "Take forth unto the infidel the mighty GAU 8 and expend its holy 30MM so that freedom will be brung upon them who knoweth not the joys of BBBBBBBRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRTTTTTTTTTT"

"Amen"

Through DSMS on the MFCD

Are you selecting the store on the DSMS page, or do you actually go to the DSMS profile page (OBS 1), highlight the desired profile (OBS 19/20), then make it the active profile (OBS 17)? The former selects the default profile for the weapon. The latter is tedious, IMO.

An easier way is to select the appropriate weapon mode (Master Mode Switch) then cycle through to your desire profile using DMS Left/Right. The weapon profile is displayed in the lower left of your HUD.

• Like 1

dcs_sig.jpg

Are you selecting the store on the DSMS page, or do you actually go to the DSMS profile page (OBS 1), highlight the desired profile (OBS 19/20), then make it the active profile (OBS 17)? The former selects the default profile for the weapon. The latter is tedious, IMO.

An easier way is to select the appropriate weapon mode (Master Mode Switch) then cycle through to your desire profile using DMS Left/Right. The weapon profile is displayed in the lower left of your HUD.

I am selecting the store on the DSMS page (former) I will try Master Mode and DMS thanks

I think there should be a sticky thread of some kind including all the common mistakes people make. It would be very handy and avoid users scratching their heads for days thinking the game is broken.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Wrong laser code?

Oh sorry. I see it is answered. My bad.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

WIN 10, i7-2600K at 3.4ghz, 2x OCZ Vertex 120GB SSD RAID 0, Corsair Vengeance 16GB, Gainward GeForce GTX 590, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, Track IR 5 PRO. DCS 1.5.3.52724.74 - DCS 2.0.2.52369