Aluminium Joystick/HOTAS table mounts - Monster Tech

meisterolsen

Very nice video.

Try adjusting the pressure of the clamps a bit more. These are industrial grade and do not break. There is a little knob on the clamp that adjusts the pressure. Also its good to adjust the height of the clamps in the back perfect to your table.

That should get rid of most of the movement you see.

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Try adjusting the pressure of the clamps a bit more. These are industrial grade and do not break. There is a little knob on the clamp that adjusts the pressure. Also its good to adjust the height of the clamps in the back perfect to your table.

That should get rid of most of the movement you see.

Yes, tighting up the clamps definatelly helps. I also had a bit of a conflict with the green LED lighting under the table, as the clamp would clamp onto that. However, after moving that out of the way it holds to the table very nicely! :thumbup:

Check out my YouTube: xxJohnxx

Intel i7 6800k watercooled | ASUS Rampage V Edition 10 | 32 GB RAM | Asus GTX1080 watercooled

• 2 weeks later...

Here is another short production update.

We are using new plastic under the top plates of the mounts. The new one is much thinner and harder than the plastic we were using. The plastic coating gives more grip to the mounts and protects the table from scratches.

Also it improves the stability of the mounts even more, which is really cool!

Here are a few pics:

joystick_mount_protection_1.jpg

joystick_mount_protection_2.jpg

joystick_mount_protection_3.jpg

joystick_mount_protection_4.jpg

Hi

Here is my personal table mount. Not as nice but at least much cheaper :megalol:

IMG_20160515_110204325.thumb.jpg.9989c0629fc6bae68bbfa4812e9d1d8a.jpg

• Like 3

| I9 9900K | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS XI HERO] |16 GB DDR4 HyperX 3466 MHz | SSD EVO 840 1 TB | MSI 2080TI GAMING X TRIO | ASUS ROG SWIFT PG278Q 27" 2560 X 1440 | TRACK IR 5 | THERMALTAKE CORE X9 | HOTAS WARTHOG |MFG CROSSWIND|

Can I get an idea how long it took for those who placed an order to receive the mounts? Or even how often you were notified of progress?

I am freaking out a bit here since last week I ordered two of those, but all I have to show for it is the original receipt.

• Like 1

Hi no worries guys.

My colleague Marc was on holiday last and this week, so we could not send out that many. Next week we are back to full speed and will fullfill every order we can.

Normally we ship in at least 2 weeks after ordering, often much faster. If it takes too long or you are not happy with the mounts, just send them back and we will refund the money.

We have shipped over a thousand mounts at this point and we did not get one back yet. I am quite happy about that.

• Like 1

Hi no worries guys.

My colleague Marc was on holiday last and this week, so we could not send out that many. Next week we are back to full speed and will fullfill every order we can.

Normally we ship in at least 2 weeks after ordering, often much faster. If it takes too long or you are not happy with the mounts, just send them back and we will refund the money.

We have shipped over a thousand mounts at this point and we did not get one back yet. I am quite happy about that.

Alrighty. Can't wait. And yeah Angelmonk he send me that same answer back immediately once I inquired aboutit which was a nice touch. Can't be perfect 100% of the time :).

A few pictures of the mounts with black anodizing. At the moment only Warthog are available in black and there an not many left in the currect production batch.

Our plan is to make mounting plates for every system in black available but that will take some time.

joystick_hotas_table_mount_1.jpg

joystick_hotas_table_mount_2.jpg

joystick_hotas_table_mount_3.jpg

Black always looks good. :thumbup:

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Wow, real thing looks even better than the pics here - just takes a couple of minutes to fix the joystick mount and adjust the clamp and you're ready to go!

Great service too - ordered last Tuesday and DHL tried to deliver this Tuesday (nobody home)!

Just seen the black anodising, would have gone much better in my pit (office) :(

And after first flight, can now say that any joystick is compromised unless it's properly mounted - having gone from X-55 to CH Fighterstick to Warthog and now to Black Mamba, the biggest stepchange was getting a solid mount like this!

Edited by tommytank
Added comment

Received mine a couple days ago. They do look great, the clamps are very high quality and they seriously do not budge an inch. You get great flexibility to set up your stick as a center stick or side stick, and I can finally sit at a comfortable distance from my pedals and have lots of desk open for things like the Rift sensor and Thrustmaster MFDs. I wonder if the Warthog plus a short extension will be too tall to rest my arm on my leg, even with the height fully lowered, but I've seen others doing it. Very nice product, and finally my desk can be both a normal person's desk and a flight simulator super-nerd desk at the same time. :thumbup:

Minor complaints, there are a few nicks in the corners of my units, presumably from the transit to the US, and the cut edges of my mounting plates are not very smooth. The packaging is good for the mounting plates, but the main mounts may need more padding. Honestly, my biggest complaint is the lack of an included hex key of a sufficiently large size for the height adjustment bolts! If that's my most serious complaint, you know these are nice, but it would definitely help since this product caters best to those who want to buy-and-fly, not buy more tools.

Overall, solid product that I am very pleased to own. This is a huge improvement in ergonomics without the designing and building. It just works.

Thanks for the great reviews. We are always happy to get feedback, good or bad.

We are actively working on the packaging. We recently switched to double packaging everything. So padded carton into another padded carton. That should improve shipping security alot.

We thought about including hex keys to every order but we would have to raise the price of the products for that. We decided it makes more sense to offer them optional because a lot of people already have a hex key set at home. (They are for sale in the shop) I will try to make this more clear on the product page.

Olsen

No problem, I was just surprised that I didn't have a big enough hex key. Now I do!

Anything that creates a need to buy a tool, is not an altogether bad thing. Unless you are like me and have little to no control inside a store that sells tools. :D

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Wow, real thing looks even better than the pics here - just takes a couple of minutes to fix the joystick mount and adjust the clamp and you're ready to go!

Great service too - ordered last Tuesday and DHL tried to deliver this Tuesday (nobody home)!

Just seen the black anodising, would have gone much better in my pit (office) :(

And after first flight, can now say that any joystick is compromised unless it's properly mounted - having gone from X-55 to CH Fighterstick to Warthog and now to Black Mamba, the biggest stepchange was getting a solid mount like this!

Lucky you... still waiting for mine to ship. been ordered more than a month ago...

For you guys that have the alum colored but want black..Here is an idea that cheap and easily removable if need be..https://www.dipyourcar.com/

Spray on and peel off..

The "SCALES" of aeronautical performance will weigh heavily on your next move..

We are having some delays with silver mounting plates at the moment. The last batch of watercutting took 6 weeks. We will get new silver Warthog and X55 plates in on thursday, then we can ship most of the open orders.

Here is a look at the new plastic under the top plates. Big improvement to the old solution we used. All current orders have been shipped with the new ones.

I also added them as a replacement to the website: https://www.monstertech.de/en/product/protector-for-table-mounts-replacement/

joystick_hotas_table_mount_plastic_1.jpg

joystick_hotas_table_mount_plastic_2.jpg

joystick_hotas_table_mount_plastic_3.jpg

Edited by meisterolsen