Operational Hangers and Hanger Doors?

As the title says, are there currently any Operational Hangers/hanger Doors at any of the Airports in the NTTR Map? Woulds something like this come sometime in the future?

There are a few hangers at Groom Lake which are double sided with taxiway markings leading through, I think it would be nice to be able to request ground crew to open/close hanger doors and such. (example, in front of hanger labeled Hanger D1, and requesting Ground crew to open Hanger D1)

Imagine spawning inside a hanger at groom lake in the A10C Opening the doors to a Nevada Sunrise ready to go kill some tanks. That would be sick.

"A solider should never fight because he hates what is in front of him, he should fight because he loves what is behind him."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

there are open hangers at Creech parking C1 to C4 and A2,3,6,8 I think

but yeah closed hangers with working doors & a push back option would be nice on all maps :D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Modules are like Pokemon you gotta catch 'em all :joystick::lol::pilotfly:

AMD Ryzen7 3700x, G-Skills 32Gb RAM @ 3200Mhz, MSI GTX1080Ti, TM Warthog (20cm extension by Sahaj), MFG Crosswind Pedals, Oculus Rift, Track Ir5

Spawning inside a hanger already works, at least in the original map. As far as parking, it is going to be a rare pilot that taxi's his own aircraft into a hangar.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Operational hangers are needed in operational hangars though, so that mechanics don't just drop their jackets anywhere :D

• Like 1

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

When I was a mech, I never took my jacket off.... but that's UK weather for you ;)

Back on topic though, it is a bit odd in the Caucus theatre that HAS doors, (some at least) open, allowing you to taxy in (yes I said taxy not taxi).

How are you supposed to turn round, with no groundcrew to help?

Aircraft would never taxy into a HAS unless someone was about to bomb them and there was no other option.

In front of the HAS is a paved area that is so tiny, that even something as tiny as a Hawk would have trouble not going onto the grass. The revetment areas are a little better, and you can just about circle around in a larger aircraft such as a SU-27, although it is prone to blowing tyres if you turn too tight.

We have the unrealistic Groundcrew repair and rearm commands, with the repair one lifting the entire aircraft up on an invisible crane, so I can't see it being much of a stretch to include a 'turn A/C' command to physically rotate you 180 degrees.

Edited by mkiii

• 1 month later...
Gents - sorry for being picky, a hanger is something to hang stuff (like a clothes hanger), a hangar (with an A) is a building where you store stuff/planes/etc.

Thank you for this.

The other thing I hate is when people 'loose' something when they really mean 'lose' something.

If you have loose security standards in your hangar, then you could potentially lose all the valuable hangers in your closets inside your hangar, and thus your jackets would be piled up someplace in a disorderly fashion. Not good.

[sIGPIC]sigpic65507_1.gif[/sIGPIC]

It depends on the hangar and the air base. Some hangars, you can not run aircraft in them, for example hangars in Luke AFB. Others you can run aircraft, like the "quads" in Holloman AFB.

As for the Harden Aircraft Shelters (HAS), you would not nose in unless during an attack yes, normally ground crew would either use a tow vehicle, a winch or manually move aircraft by people pushing.

Look at 8:11 and 10:03

2CQoF7CNqLY

I am not sure what type of hangers are in NTTR in DCS or in real life, so I can't tell if aircraft normally taxi in or out of them. At any case, if hangars are use for aircraft to taxi in or out, the doors would remain open and not move.

Edited by mvsgas

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

• 1 month later...

I think the missing element is how the hangers are designed. The buildings were all thinking of in the Cacauses map are " Shelters" . They are designed to store the Aircraft, allow for maintenance and launch from when the time comes. My best guess for the last function is due to the prevailing weather conditions throughout Europe.

The hangars on the bases on the NTTR maps are designed for storage and maintenance. They are not designed to taxi into or out of. (Exceptions to this are a few of the hangars on Creech, Groom Lake and Tonapah once it's completed. (Tonapahs were taxi thru that opened on both sides.)

Sierra 99

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Primary Computer

ASUS Z390-P, i7-9700K CPU @ 5.0Ghz, 32GB Patriot Viper Steel DDR4 @ 3200Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce 1070 Ti AMP Extreme, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe drives (1Tb & 500 Gb), Windows 10 Professional, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Warthog Stick, Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle, Cougar MFDs x3, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals and TrackIR 5.

-={TAC}=-DCS Server

Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3, i7-3770K CPU @ 3.90GHz, 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 @ 1600Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 970.