Radar Warning System

blast

...and probably will for another ten. It would be much easier if the ppl that actually knows about this stuff would just tell us what is going on, wouldn't it..? :)

Yeah, but then they'd have to kill us. :D

People seem to misunderstand me...

The mirage 2000 and the Fc3 fighters have comparable RWR systems

when it comes to launch warnings.

Im not trying to say for them to make a unrealistic change to make the Mirage 2000 more effective.

Im saying they should make it realistic and on par with the other fighters.

If that means giving the M2000 the same type of Launch warning as the FC3 fighters or if it means giving it a more complex type of launch warning (especially if the FC3 fighters had the same type of launch warning update)

or none of them should get a launch warning (which would not be realistic).

Im not saying they should make an unrealistic change to make the mirage 2000 more comparable with the FC3 fighters...

Im saying they should make a realistic change that would make it more comparable to the FC3 fighters...

mattebubben, don't worry about people (in general), worry about Razbam guys.

And you got an answer: :)

We'll see. I need to study this first, but it will have to wait for the INS.

Let's sit tight while Zeus is doing the INS, and see what happens next, shall we? ;)

spacer.png

Im not trying to say for them to make a unrealistic change to make the Mirage 2000 more effective.

If that means giving the M2000 the same type of Launch warning as the FC3 fighters or if it means giving it a more complex type of launch warning (especially if the FC3 fighters had the same type of launch warning update)

Im not saying they should make an unrealistic change to make the mirage 2000 more comparable with the FC3 fighters...

Im saying they should make a realistic change that would make it more comparable to the FC3 fighters...

I'm with you on this one. It's realistic, and Su 27 & F-15C Flamming Cliff 3 manuals clearly state that SPO-15 and AN/ALR-56C warn their pilots of SARH missiles launches.

A lot of radars change their signal in guidance mode.

So no one should be hurt to get a SARH launch warning in M-2000C one of these days.

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI RTX3080/ RAM 64 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Virpil CM3 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Reverb G2.

Flickr gallery: https://www.flickr.com/gp/71068385@N02/728Hbi

+1 :thumbup:

The real problem will probably be and always be that the exact capabilities of the RWR of any remotely modern aircraft is going to be secret. Not only that but the exact way airborne radars behave when they are providing illumination for a SARH missile.

Can RWR x detect a SARH launch using radar y? what about radar z? Its a mystery, I'm sure somewhere someone might know the answer but if there is they can't talk about it ;)

I think in terms of realistic simulation it would be safe to assume in general the RWR system in the M2000C-5 can detect the CW illumination that indicates a SARH missile launch from any of the radars used in the game right now unless there is some strong evidence to show that it cannot. That's my two cents anyway.

silentconvo, agreed in general.

Just one point: CW is not used on all the fighters we have.

So it's not "only" the CW that RWR should be able to detect; that would be "too easy" ;)

(I'm speaking about the missile guidance phase, of course)

Edited by Azrayen

spacer.png

silentconvo, agreed in general.

Just one point: CW is not used on all the fighters we have.

So it's not "only" the CW that RWR should be able to detect; that would be "too easy" ;)

(I'm speaking about the missile guidance phase, of course)

I'm not going to deny I was doing a bit of radar handwaving.

My point is of course we don't know how many of these systems work and we have no chance of ever finding out but we can make an educated guess as to how they are likely to function.

You won't get the specifics, but principles are available most of the time. Not main stream publications, but still. And when not, indeed educated guess is the way to go.

You may read what Tharos wrote about the F-15 (in another topic, sorry I have not time to find the link now) on that matter.

spacer.png

I have a Problem with the rwr. Is it possible that the rwr is very Slow? Last flight wie Check the rwr and i was locked about a minute than i received a Warnung Signal so very Late i think.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

The underground is where I dwell at, It's where I find my heaven, and where you find your hell at :music_whistling:

Hi !

Something bothers me with Mirage RWR actually. It's the time lock alarm stays active after enemy stop is lock. Some very long few seconds. It's disturbing for my situation awareness.

Does it work like it in the real aircraft (so mea culpa and no problem with it) or it's a dev's fantasy ?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel I7 8700K / RTX 3080 / 32Go DDR4 PC21300 G.Skill Ripjaws V / MSI Z370 Gaming Pro Carbon / Cooler Master Silent Pro Gold - 1000W / Noctua NH-D14 / Acer XB270HUDbmiprz 27" G-synch 144Hz / SSD Samsung 860EVO 250Go + 1To / Cooler Master HAF X / Warthog+VPC WarBRD / Thrustmaster TPR / Track-IR v5 + Track Clip Pro / Windows 11 64bits.

Az...

I asked this because all other modules have an instant warning stop, so maybe Razbam has some infos about Mirage RWR and that's why they models it in a different way. But it seems not.

I know we won't get specifics but sometimes some are known.

You see ? :P

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel I7 8700K / RTX 3080 / 32Go DDR4 PC21300 G.Skill Ripjaws V / MSI Z370 Gaming Pro Carbon / Cooler Master Silent Pro Gold - 1000W / Noctua NH-D14 / Acer XB270HUDbmiprz 27" G-synch 144Hz / SSD Samsung 860EVO 250Go + 1To / Cooler Master HAF X / Warthog+VPC WarBRD / Thrustmaster TPR / Track-IR v5 + Track Clip Pro / Windows 11 64bits.

Az...

I asked this because all other modules have an instant warning stop, so maybe Razbam has some infos about Mirage RWR and that's why they models it in a different way. But it seems not.

I know we won't get specifics but sometimes some are known.

You see ? :P

Well some of the systems for the FC3 aircraft are simplified in some ways.

So that could be a reason why it works differently from the Mirage 2000.

So that means you cant always use them as a standard for what is or is not realistic.

It's what I say... Read me again ;)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

As far as I know there can be a delay IRL. Just makes me double check to make sure my 6 is clear

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Know and use all the capabilities in your airplane. If you don't, sooner or later, some guy who does use them all will kick your ass.

— Dave 'Preacher' Pace, USN.

yesterday I got killed online in PvP battle by F-15C with AIM-120C. I saw him scanning me from long distance - RWR indicated his TWS mode on me. But it remained the same till the Fox3 hit me. I was pretty much surprised cause in single-player mode RWR alarm sounds different when F-16s switches from TWS to STT and when they launch Fox3.

Also in multiplayer Su-27's switch from TWS to STT is audible and indication changes.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

ZHeN, this is not what I saw.

Plus I don't see how you can be sure that F-16 (AI in DCS, by definition) switches from TWS to STT ;)

Last time I checked:

- missile alarm sound when radar SAM launch (not tested all types => to be done) OK

- missile alarm sound when Fox 3 goes pitbull OK

- no missile alarm sound when fighter (any) shoots Fox 1 (only the lock sound) (but slight difference visually on the RWR if you pay attention). BUG

spacer.png

yesterday I got killed online in PvP battle by F-15C with AIM-120C. I saw him scanning me from long distance - RWR indicated his TWS mode on me. But it remained the same till the Fox3 hit me. I was pretty much surprised cause in single-player mode RWR alarm sounds different when F-16s switches from TWS to STT and when they launch Fox3.

Also in multiplayer Su-27's switch from TWS to STT is audible and indication changes.

The missile may have pitbull at an angle that was outside your RWR coverage. Without a track we are just guessing.

Do they?

Not my recollection. A few seconds more generally.

I did some tests this afternoon. F-15, Su-27 and M2000 all have a 4.5s delay before lock alarm stop.

So mea-culpa, it was an hallucination from my mind.... forget all I said previously.

Sorry. :idiot:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My own issue with RWR is how really close from the center the threats are displayed when radar energy received is high. It's basically on center and you cannot tell anymore the direction of the emitter.

Whisper of old OFP & C6 forums, now Kalbuth.

Specs : i7 6700K / MSI 1070 / 32G RAM / SSD / Rift S / Virpil MongooseT50 / Virpil T50 CM2 Throttle / MFG Crosswind.

All but Viggen, Yak52 & F16

My own issue with RWR is how really close from the center the threats are displayed when radar energy received is high. It's basically on center and you cannot tell anymore the direction of the emitter.

+1 on this one, it bugs me a lot too.