Fwd trim not working with full loadout

exil

Hi, hope you guys can help!

Description: Unable to trim fwd when loaded with 4 x HOT3. I can't trim this beast with the loadout stated. The nose pitches up all the time as soon as i put the stick back to neutral position. I tried to trim with both methods: Magnetic brake and trim hat. Nothing works so far. Eventhough the red cross (Right CTRL + Enter) states that i trimed forward as far as i can (red diamond in the upper half of the screen). Timming left, right and aft perfectly works.

As soon as i change the loadout to zero weapons and even 2 x HOT3 i can easily trim as usual. I think the problem occured the first time after updating from 1.5.3. to 1.5.4. and also happens in the current 2.0.3. version.

DCS Version: DCS 1.5.4.55584 and DCS 2.0.3.55457

Steam: no steam

Map: Caucasus and Nevada

SP/MP: SP and MP

Reproducible: yes, anytime

Step to Reproduce: Place a S342M anywhere in the Map and put it on the ground. Give it a loadout with 4 x HOT, IR-Deflector and Sandfilter. Take off and fly. Try to trim fwd and maintain a level flight at about 180 - 190km/h (was possible in former times with stick neutral just using the trim hat). Trim fwd as far as possible using the trim hat and put the stick to neutral position. Wait what happens.

Then, change the loadout to nothing or just 2 x HOT3 using the same mission and A/C. Try the same procedure. Wait what happens.

Screenshot/Video available: Trk attached Full Loadout.trk, No Loadout.trk

Controllers: Saitek X52, 0 Saturation, + 6 Curves on pitch and roll axis

• Like 1

GeForce RTX 4090 Founders Edition - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D - 64Gb RAM - Win11 - HP Reverb G1 - Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS (40cm extension) - VKB Sim T-Rudder MKIV Pedals

Some more information:

Problem also occuring in the L version! With full loadout, trimming fwd is not possible. With no loadout it works as it should.

And i tried the following:

I took a ride with a "no loadout" version. Everything worked fine. The i landed at a FARP and requested full loadout, took off and there was the bug again.

GeForce RTX 4090 Founders Edition - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D - 64Gb RAM - Win11 - HP Reverb G1 - Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS (40cm extension) - VKB Sim T-Rudder MKIV Pedals

I just did a quick test and confirmed it with 4x HOT and the IR filter.

Then I did another test with only the IR filter and still experience it. I think it might not be quite as bad, but might just be my imagination.

I think the best way to experience it is to trim with nose down from a hover, which is fine, but as your speed picks up and raise your collective it'll bring the nose up. Pushing it down and re-trimming won't fix it either, it just refuses to maintain a pitch below a certain amount.

Possibly drag from the IR filter brings the nose back up and the trim doesn't compensate?

I'm seeing the same thing here. Full loadout (4xHOT, IR and sand filter), 50% fuel. With full forward trim (using the manual trim, not the mag. brake), I can only get 144km/h ground speed in level flight. Any more collective input and it goes skywards.

Good thing: I'm not alone...i thought it could have been some personal computer issues.

Bad thing: We certainly have a bug here!

Anyways, thanks for the replys guys!

Hi Gents

It's corrected now and will be part of a next update

Awesome! You guys really know what customer relationship means! Thanks for the quick fix!!!