Tips on fighting Helos?

A head on charge will almost always end with a less then favorable result for you :)

What I've done is, as I'm turning in to engage, I try and see which way the helo is facing. The moment they turn their nose towards me, I break off and try again. What I'll do is circle high above them until I can catch a flank or back attack, and then dive in. But even so, if they are able to snap their nose quickly and face me, I'll break off.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The Museum Relic Campaign: --> http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=164322

Community Missions (SP & MP) --> https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=205546

• 1 month later...
This is how it's happened for me all the time, but looking from the other side of the barrel:

Excellent video, Thanks for showing "the other side of the Barrel" I've felt the pain of choppers many times... They aren't the easiest targets to hit in DCS. I've had some success with rockets at shallow approach angles. I'd probably have better luck throwing a rock at them....

Rotor57

My Rig; Intel i7 3770K @ 3.5_32GB RAM_GTX 1080 _X55 Rhino Throttle_TM_Warthog Flight Stick_TM Pedals_28" 4K Eyeball Bleeding Monitor::doh:

Take off is optional, landing is not::pilotfly:

FC3; CA; NTTR; P51; Spitfire; F86F; Mig15; F5; KA-50; AJS 37 Viggen; UH-1H; F18C; A10-C;M2000;AV8B-N/A;Christen Eagle;

I completed that mission by keeping high altitude and at sea so you can clearly see where the helos are and then try to get behind them to get them with missiles or guns.

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv Tempered Glass, Asus ROG Maximus IX Hero, Intel i7 7700K @ 4.8, Corsair HX 1000i, Nzxt Kraken 62, 32gb DDR4 3000Mhz Corsair Dominator Platinum, Nvme SSD Samsung 960 Evo 1Tb, Asus Strix OC 1080ti, Philips 43" 4K Monitor + 2 x Dell 24" U2414H, Warthog HOTAS, Track IR 5, Obutto R3volution, Buttkicker Gamer 2, MFG Crosswind pedals, Occulus Rift CV1, Windows 10 Pro.