Sweet FX

Kreye

Hey guys,

I know there is a bunch of people that use Sweetfx in dcs 1.5...

Could someone tell me what profiles to use and where to install sweet fx to?

Does it impact the performance?

What ingame settings should i turn on/off in order to properly use sweet fx?

Thanks in advance!

The last time I tried to use SFX 1.5 on DCS 1.5.4 the game flat wouldn't load, I got a black screen. I tried 1.5 on DCS 2.0.2 and it did the same.

Sweet FX 2.0 w/ ReShade seems to run okay, but as far as profiles/tweaks and settings, there really aren't many current/new ones for SFX/RS 2.0... Here's one that I use, not sure how much difference it really makes though, it's pretty light in terms of tweaks... the attached zip at the bottom of my post is a JSGME version, do NOT manually install it, you'll regret it the next time an update hits, trust me!

13923703_10208026422111329_7550323651699970635_o.jpg

13909262_10208063028826474_1909723484097706165_o.jpg

13995614_10208063043106831_2834097317536050743_o.jpg

SweetFX 2.0 ReShade.zip

Hey Schwarzfeld,

I have installed the folder within zip folder to my dcs through jsmge but it had no effect on my game. It started normally but the graphics havent changed at all. I can't see the difference...

Its possible thats why I wasn't noticing much difference; perhaps the 2.0.2/1.5.4 update has rendered the system more or less incompatible with SweetFX 2.0 - 1.5.1 worked the best in the previous versions, but I can't make SFX 1.5.1 run on either DCS install without DCS barfing, sorry. Might have to tinker around a bit and see what you can make work.

Is there a current JGSME compatible mod out there? for any flavor of DCS? (alpha, beta, world)?

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

Hey Schwarzfeld,

I have installed the folder within zip folder to my dcs through jsmge but it had no effect on my game. It started normally but the graphics havent changed at all. I can't see the difference...

You need to go into the SF2 folder and rename Reshade64.dll to dxgi, this tells the game to render using DX11 with DCS just recently gained support for. After you do this try starting up, if it doesn't work then you can go back and remove the Reshade32.dll (KEEP THE RS64 RENSMED TO DXGI) from the bin folder. I forget if you have to remove it so just be sure to keep it on your desktop in case you need to drag it back in. To actually use SF2 you have to find a setting, Google "DCS Sweetfx settings" click an ED forum link and there will be several posts with "SweetFX_settings.txt" files linked. When you find one you like, download it, go to your SF2 folder and click around in the directories until you find SweetFX_settings.txt, drag the one you download in, let windows overwrite and replace the standard one. This will give you your desired FX. If you have anymore troubles, or if I need to clarify something, give me a shout

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

PC Specs: i7 4790 (non K), MSI GTX 980, 1TB Seagate HDD, 32GB Crucial DDR3-1600MHz RAM, 3 Samsung 1920x1080 monitors, EVGA 850W G2 PSU

Is there a current JGSME compatible mod out there? for any flavor of DCS? (alpha, beta, world)?

The folder that schwarzfeld linked is compatible, just drag that into your JSGME folder and follow my instructions (idk what they will show up) if you need any help

PC Specs: i7 4790 (non K), MSI GTX 980, 1TB Seagate HDD, 32GB Crucial DDR3-1600MHz RAM, 3 Samsung 1920x1080 monitors, EVGA 850W G2 PSU

The last time I tried to use SFX 1.5 on DCS 1.5.4 the game flat wouldn't load, I got a black screen. I tried 1.5 on DCS 2.0.2 and it did the same.

Sweet FX 2.0 w/ ReShade seems to run okay, but as far as profiles/tweaks and settings, there really aren't many current/new ones for SFX/RS 2.0... Here's one that I use, not sure how much difference it really makes though, it's pretty light in terms of tweaks... the attached zip at the bottom of my post is a JSGME version, do NOT manually install it, you'll regret it the next time an update hits, trust me!

13923703_10208026422111329_7550323651699970635_o.jpg

13909262_10208063028826474_1909723484097706165_o.jpg

13995614_10208063043106831_2834097317536050743_o.jpg

I gotta ask, how did you get those screenshots, are they in 4K? They are stunning, I see you are using Depth Of Field but my god that looks amazing

Edited by FireFox500

Actually they're in 1680x1050 lol, a little bit of photochopping here and there to crank the contrast but with ReShade 2.0/SFX 2.0 running properly it will tweak the contrast for you. Also, Mustang's experimental cloud shapes do help the look quite a bit.

Also, here's the sweetFX thread, it hasn't been touched in a while though....

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=126200&page=7

Edited by Schwarzfeld

It's a graphics engine post-processing filter system that runs a wrapper (DX9) DLL, it will not have any effect on multiplayer server integrity checks or paid campaign content in any way.

It was reported that Sweet FX interfere with Relic campaign due copy-protection, hence there is no possibility to play with SFX enabled.

Additionally - I've test ReShade and SFX last week with latest beta build of DCS and it is activating successfully on start, but provide no effect in-game.

Edited by Necroscope

Всех убью, один останусь!

Double check SFX 2.0 as noted above on page one with the DXGI.dll edit, I totally forgot about that since the version change moved everything to DX11, that may solve the issue.

Honestly it would be nice to get a contemporary DCS 1.5.4/2.0.2+ SweetFX database going, being a graphics guy, in my opinion, the default DCS engine looks fantastic obviously, however its contrast is too low and so is it's saturation.

Double check SFX 2.0 as noted above on page one with the DXGI.dll edit, I totally forgot about that since the version change moved everything to DX11, that may solve the issue.

Honestly it would be nice to get a contemporary DCS 1.5.4/2.0.2+ SweetFX database going, being a graphics guy, in my opinion, the default DCS engine looks fantastic obviously, however its contrast is too low and so is it's saturation.

I think clear step-by-step tutorial would help a lot and would be really appreciated.

I'm asking this because last time I touch SFX - there was total mess on versions, setting and profiles.

Regarding DCS engine you right, despite all textures and effects - overall picture looks bleached and grayed-out.

FYI I've attached an updated version of the JSGME ready folder for this, latest version of SFX and ReShade, with the DLL renamed for DX11 use, tested and runs properly.

From here on out, its on us to start making new SweetFX settings txt files to tweak the appearance I'm assuming... I remember in Skyrim with SweetFX there was an in-game GUI, I think we brought it up with F11 - I dont see anything in the readme for that, does that functionality still exist?

SweetFX 2.0 ReShade 1.1.0.zip

Edited by Schwarzfeld

ACK! Sorry, I neglected to note the developers left the splitscreen value set to "1" in the settings file - here's a fixed JSGME ready mod folder, replace the other one with this entirely. Maybe someone wanna put this one on User Files since its tested to work now and I fixed the splitscreen value lol sorry guys!

Thanx for this!

Is there anywhere a site\page\etc where I can check how to play around the settings? I.e. what should I touch if I'd like to make some color correction.

No worries buddy. Thanks for the quick reply :thumbup:

ACK! Sorry, I neglected to note the developers left the splitscreen value set to "1" in the settings file - here's a fixed JSGME ready mod folder, replace the other one with this entirely. Maybe someone wanna put this one on User Files since its tested to work now and I fixed the splitscreen value lol sorry guys!

Intel Core i7-8700 3,20GHz - EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti SC2 - 32Gb Ram - DCS on 500 GB SSD - Windows 10 - Thrusmaster Warthog - Thrustmaster TPR pedals - Track Ir 5 - Samsung Odyssey+

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

http://www.virtualredarrows.com