Non Fc3 Viable modules for Multiplayer?

SierraFox

I've been getting into Multiplayer a bit more as of late however it seems as though the servers i fly on (104 and Open Conflict) are mainly comprised of the FC3 planes and the occasional A-10c for A2G. Are there any modules out there that can stand their ground in A2A against the likes of the Su-27 and F-15?

I have the F-5e but that is severely outclassed in A2A against the above mentioned jets so i generally only use it as A2G and in the F-5 vs servers.

I've seen a few Mirages flying around but not sure how they stack up.

Saitek X-52 | Track IR 5 w/ TrackClip | DSD "Trackzilla" Button Box

Flaming Cliffs 3 | F-5e | Mirage 2000 | A-10c | Harrier AV-8B

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Mirage is your best bet. MiG 21 is also a viable option.

Mirages stack up pretty well against 27/15's. In the right hands, they can slap anything at WVR combat.

Just gotta adapt to an aggressive playstyle since other aircraft are able to lob missiles at double your range.

F-5's stand a chance but it's rough considering you have to mostly rely on GCI to get anything done. Also doesn't help that model enlargement completely sucks. I find it too frustrating to fly against 4th gen.

The Mirage is the most capable, as it is a 4th gen interceptor. It is still an older version than the FC3 planes, and therefore equipped with shorter range missiles. Within visual range it is amazing, in BVR you really need buddies to give yourself a chance. Otherwise you need to bait enemies into fighting on your terms by using terrain.

Millenix | 68th Virtual Fighter Squadron

AV8B | AJS-37 | F-5E | Mig-21bis | P-51D | Spitfire Mk IX | Bf-109 | M-2000C | A-10C | U1-H1 | Ka-50 | FC3

Mirage is your best choice, but against competent opposition in the F-15 or Su-27 you should lose more often than you win.

Future maps are not always going to have mountains to hide behind for the Mirage and Fishbed.

Edited by gavagai

P-51D | Fw 190D-9 | Bf 109K-4 | Spitfire Mk IX | P-47D | WW2 assets pack | F-86 | Mig-15 | Mig-21 | Mirage 2000C | A-10C II | F-5E | F-16 | F/A-18 | Ka-50 | Combined Arms | FC3 | Nevada | Normandy | Straight of Hormuz | Syria

Mirage is your best choice, but against competent opposition in the F-15 or Su-27 you should lose more often than you win.

Future maps are not always going to have mountains to hide behind for the Mirage and Fishbed.

Don't even need mountains for the Mirage, it's straight up maneuverable enough to avoid missiles from pretty much any range if you know what you're doing.

/да бойз/

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Also:

Find a server that offers more meaningful roles for the other modules, have a look at BlueFlag where pretty much everything is viable, and in terms of A2A it often has weapon restrictions which in some cases gives Mirages the "longest arm".

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"DCS World is the main public build, it has nothing to do with being stable" -Bignewy

Also:

Find a server that offers more meaningful roles for the other modules, have a look at BlueFlag where pretty much everything is viable, and in terms of A2A it often has weapon restrictions which in some cases gives Mirages the "longest arm".

Yeah, i'm thinking blue flag is going to be my go to server when it eventually comes online

Saitek X-52 | Track IR 5 w/ TrackClip | DSD "Trackzilla" Button Box

Flaming Cliffs 3 | F-5e | Mirage 2000 | A-10c | Harrier AV-8B

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Don't even need mountains for the Mirage, it's straight up maneuverable enough to avoid missiles from pretty much any range if you know what you're doing.

This is very curious advice since the Mirage RWR is currently lacking a Fox-1 inbound warning. The first step in avoiding a missile is to know you've been shot at, and for the R-27(E)R you have to see it launch to know. Likewise, maneuvering hard to dodge a missile bleeds significant energy. Many of the opponents you encounter in multiplayer aren't just launching one, but two, three, and I've seen four fox-1 or fox-3.

If you have a track that shows how to use the Mirage's maneuverability to reliably avoid missiles it would be nice of you to share it. I've avoided plenty myself, but I consider myself to have screwed up whether I succeed or fail at it. In the Mirage 2000C you can't just stay outside of Minimum Abort Range when you engage the enemy the way you can with an F-15 or F-16.

:)

Edited by gavagai

P-51D | Fw 190D-9 | Bf 109K-4 | Spitfire Mk IX | P-47D | WW2 assets pack | F-86 | Mig-15 | Mig-21 | Mirage 2000C | A-10C II | F-5E | F-16 | F/A-18 | Ka-50 | Combined Arms | FC3 | Nevada | Normandy | Straight of Hormuz | Syria

This is very curious advice since the Mirage RWR is currently lacking a Fox-1 inbound warning. The first step in avoiding a missile is to know you've been shot at,

I'm talking more when you're facing eagles, Since everyone and their mum uses them with slammers and they show up on the RWR

/да бойз/

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

This is very curious advice since the Mirage RWR is currently lacking a Fox-1 inbound warning. The first step in avoiding a missile is to know you've been shot at

Fly the MiG-21 for a while. You'll start to develop a sixth sense to compensate for the RWR not giving you that information.

I won't talk about how I'm informed of incoming missiles as it'd probably get me banned from this forum, but it involves the involuntary clenching of certain muscles.

Done that.:smilewink: When I fly the Fishbed I just assume a missile is inbound when I'm locked up. About 90% of the time it is true.