TWS question

I have loooked for the answer to this in the manual, its not there.. My question is about the TWS mode of the F-15: how do I designate targets that are close, like for example a flight of four fighters, I can usually designate two of them, but if I try to designate the third I go into STT mode. Is there a way to designate all four? I remember you could zoom in janes f18. How do you guys designate more then two targets that fly close? The way I have to fight now is I have to shoot down the first two, and after I know they have been hit i can try do designate the other tagets. That sucks, I should be able to fire missiles at all four, not just two.

I hope there is a solution to this, and i just missed it..

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My Sim/Game CV: Falcon 1,3,4. Gunship. A10 TankKiller. Fighter Bomber. Strike eagle 2&3. F19 Stealth Fighter. F117. Wings. F29 Retaliator. Jetfighter II. F16 Fighting Falcon. Strike Commander. F22 Raptor. F16MRF. ATF. EF2000. Longbow 1&2. TankKiller2 Silent Thunder. Hind. Apache Havoc. EECH. EAW. F22 ADF. TAW. Janes WW2,USAF,IAF,F15,F18. F18 Korea. F18 Super Hornet. B17 II. CFS 2. Flanker 2&2.5. BOB. Mig Alley. IL2. LOMAC. IL2FB. FC2. DCS:BS. DCS:A10C.

I have loooked for the answer to this in the manual, its not there.. My question is about the TWS mode of the F-15: how do I designate targets that are close, like for example a flight of four fighters, I can usually designate two of them, but if I try to designate the third I go into STT mode. Is there a way to designate all four? I remember you could zoom in janes f18. How do you guys designate more then two targets that fly close? The way I have to fight now is I have to shoot down the first two, and after I know they have been hit i can try do designate the other tagets. That sucks, I should be able to fire missiles at all four, not just two.

I hope there is a solution to this, and i just missed it..

There is an answer in manual... read carefuly. F-15 is able to attack only 2 targets at once, no matter what do you want.

No there is no answer to this in the manual, I looked. Only two targets you say? I have designated four targets that were seperated enough to allow me to designate them all, and I fired one missile at each in sequence, and they all hit.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My Sim/Game CV: Falcon 1,3,4. Gunship. A10 TankKiller. Fighter Bomber. Strike eagle 2&3. F19 Stealth Fighter. F117. Wings. F29 Retaliator. Jetfighter II. F16 Fighting Falcon. Strike Commander. F22 Raptor. F16MRF. ATF. EF2000. Longbow 1&2. TankKiller2 Silent Thunder. Hind. Apache Havoc. EECH. EAW. F22 ADF. TAW. Janes WW2,USAF,IAF,F15,F18. F18 Korea. F18 Super Hornet. B17 II. CFS 2. Flanker 2&2.5. BOB. Mig Alley. IL2. LOMAC. IL2FB. FC2. DCS:BS. DCS:A10C.

There is an answer in manual... read carefuly. F-15 is able to attack only 2 targets at once, no matter what do you want.

Where did you see this information? :)

I can track 8 targets and engage them all easy in TWS, and the real F-15 can likely track more.

Sticky, there is no 'raid' or 'rgh' mode modelled in LOMAC to help you with this unfortunately. you have to get them to split up somehow.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

Ok, THANKS GGTharos. So does the real F-15C has those modes?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Yes, 'RAID' is an old mode (like what you see in JF-18) and 'RGH' (Range Gated High) is the new mode that supercedes and is apparently much better than RAID, but it is also secret and no one will say how it works.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

Use the shortest scanning range you can and still be able to see the bandits. That is the only way to get any kind of separation between them. After that, locking four in tight formation just isn't easy. When you lock one twice it switches to an STT lock on that single bandit so try to move the TDC slightly or let the movement of the bandits change slightly.

OK, tryed now in game, it's able to engage 4 targets at once, when locking 5th in TWS the 1st unlocks. Think in LOMAC was 2... k, nevermind :)

So why did you say the answer was in the manual if you were not sure? Its a good thing I was sure it was NOT there or otherwise I could have spent hours looking for it.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

So why did you say the answer was in the manual if you were not sure? Its a good thing I was sure it was NOT there or otherwise I could have spent hours looking for it.

'coz it IS there, look attachment

it says "You can use TWS mode to atack two targets at once with AIM-120"

selecting PDT (primary target) and SDT (secondary)... no 3rd or 4th, just 2, but in game it's already 4

selecting PDT (primary target) and SDT (secondary)... no 3rd or 4th, just 2, but in game it's already 4

Right, but it doesn't say 'a maximum of 2' or 'up to 2' ... I suppose it should have been made clearer though, '2 or more'

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Right, but it doesn't say 'a maximum of 2' or 'up to 2' ... I suppose it should have been made clearer though, '2 or more'

Well, it doesn't say "more than 2" or "up to 4" neither :book:

Dunno was TWS in game upgraded after publishing manual or it's the way of writing manuals :megalol:

..anyway situation is cleared..

Cheers!

I mostly try to fly at a rather steep angle from the bandits to allow some separation. I still find we ought to be able to zoom the MFD full-screen with one key to operate the radar, now you often mistakenly select twice the same target.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

All my books say 4 targets, even though that was the APG-63, nowadays even the F-16 has 6 on 6 AMRAAM capability and the 8 target capability AFAIK is only reachable by the use of more modern radars like APG-7x and up in F-15/18E/22 and other non american fighters as well.

BTW check the new squad paint scheme as the MLU are officialy forming up the 301 "Jaguars" Squad.e301m.gif

sv102006z.jpg

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

I mostly try to fly at a rather steep angle from the bandits to allow some separation. I still find we ought to be able to zoom the MFD full-screen with one key to operate the radar, now you often mistakenly select twice the same target.

Offline sometimes I cheat and add the wing man as a second “Flight” rather than just “Pilot 2” this helps a little to separate the aircraft.

Cozmo.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Minimum effort, maximum satisfaction.

CDDS Tutorial Version 3. | Main Screen Mods.

Ok, thanks for trying to help :)

There really should be a raid mode in lockon, because not having one really lowers the capability of the F-15. I feel like an idiot only being able to target two in a flight of four, when i know i should be able to target them all.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Ok, thanks for trying to help :)

There really should be a raid mode in lockon, because not having one really lowers the capability of the F-15. I feel like an idiot only being able to target two in a flight of four, when i know i should be able to target them all.

The 15 has be getting screwed for a while

Could someone expand a little on the explanation of what RAID mode is on the F-15 and what is presented to the pilot.

I know what it means to me from my Ground based A-D radar background, but am doubtful it is the same thing for a fighter.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Sorry Death, you lose! It was Professor Plum....

Well, it doesn't say "more than 2" or "up to 4" neither :book:

Dunno was TWS in game upgraded after publishing manual or it's the way of writing manuals :megalol:

..anyway situation is cleared..

Cheers!

It's a question of terminology AFAIK - there are only 'primary' (one) and 'secondary' targets according to the official definition (= the F-15C manual), but the crucial bit is that it is actually possible to have *several* 'secondary' targets ;)

And yes, the F-15C can likely track more than the 8 targets it can engage. This number is simply a function of the amount of AMRAAMs it can carry (and the number of mid-course update channels on some other aircraft, such as the MiG-29S which engages 2 while tracking 10 and carrying 6 missiles). Similar situation with the F-14 (engages 6, tracks 24) and the MiG-31 (engages 4, tracks 10 - with SARH missiles though!)