[Official] SimShaker for Aviators

On 7/30/2023 at 2:48 PM, Willoughby888 said:

No engine beat in DCS.

I’ve been running this for a while with 109 in DCS but in last few days the engine beat and one or two other ‘events’ aren’t working even when turned up in Aviator settings. I’m getting some effects, like runway rumble and crash impacts. The test works fine in Sound and Aviator settings panels and engine beat and other missing effects appear (sent/play) in the ‘event’ log but nothing is being transmitted to the pads.

The issue is the same with DCs MT and open beta versions and was working perfectly with both until recently. 

I’ve already tried uninstall/install of sound and Aviator modules x 2, repair DCS, checked cables and Aviator output settings. Still not working.

Any suggestions?

Sounds strange. What kind of shakers do you use?

Gametrix JetSeats thread (in English) ,

SimShaker addon for bass-shakers thread (in English),

Andre's blog, downloads, manuals (in English).

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi A,

I’ve got two Dayton Audio Units.

I’ve just enabled logging in Sound Module and it says ‘audio sample….. not found’ multiple times (see atached). I’ve check unlimited ammo/fuel is turned off.

Looking in the Aviators folder the .UWV files seem to be there.

Alex

20230801_140919.jpeg

Edited by Willoughby888

2 hours ago, Willoughby888 said:

Hi A,

I’ve got two Dayton Audio Units.

I’ve just enabled logging in Sound Module and it says ‘audio sample….. not found’ multiple times (see atached). I’ve check unlimited ammo/fuel is turned off.

Looking in the Aviators folder the .UWV files seem to be there.

Alex

May I see the whole SimShaker Sound Module window?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

it was registered and working for a while and don’t understand why/how it would unregistered itself. It’s showing unregistered now probably because I’ve uninstalled (using Bulk crap uninstalled as recommended) and installed several times. I’ll register again and see if this resolves the issue. 

1 hour ago, Willoughby888 said:

it was registered and working for a while and don’t understand why/how it would unregistered itself. It’s showing unregistered now probably because I’ve uninstalled (using Bulk crap uninstalled as recommended) and installed several times. I’ll register again and see if this resolves the issue. 

That depends on the registration type which is more or less resistant to changes happened on the PC. I recommend to tie the registration to Microsoft account address and to use the latest version of the SimShaker Sound Module. At the moment you can get the update by this link https://simshaker.com/downloads/SimShaker_Sound_Module_Setup_v_2.36.msi

Edited by =Andre=

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Andre! pls, have been searching, and can not find a solution, seems in DCS regardless of what I do, in FW-190d and A8, the individual settings will not change. The stall and G-effect are too strong and i can not modify / change them, tried all combinations, generic piston, save, restarts etc.  Please advise.

TM Warthog MFG TIR5 GT Omega Pro/ButKickerx1/WheelStandPro Playseat/ButKickerx2

3 hours ago, bighead said:

Andre! pls, have been searching, and can not find a solution, seems in DCS regardless of what I do, in FW-190d and A8, the individual settings will not change. The stall and G-effect are too strong and i can not modify / change them, tried all combinations, generic piston, save, restarts etc.  Please advise.

Where are you trying to change them?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Under the effect settings, upper right corner choose specific plane, then tic/untic boxes, then upper right refresh. Tried all the ways I could think of - made changes, close everything, restart, reload etc.  Buttkickers work great overall and hard to fly without them (tank u, btw!!). Just f-190s are porked for me. Even whe i untick G and stall effect in general piston/individual planes i still get excessive shudder w any minmal changes in attitude...

36 minutes ago, bighead said:

Under the effect settings, upper right corner choose specific plane, then tic/untic boxes, then upper right refresh. Tried all the ways I could think of - made changes, close everything, restart, reload etc.  Buttkickers work great overall and hard to fly without them (tank u, btw!!). Just f-190s are porked for me. Even whe i untick G and stall effect in general piston/individual planes i still get excessive shudder w any minmal changes in attitude...

Looks like it's due to some other effect playing. What's in the SimShaker for Aviators Effect Monitor and logs?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

4 minutes ago, =Andre= said:

SimShaker for Aviators Effect Monitor and logs

Not sure. Will try to find/acces next time i am on, might be couple days..., working now 😞

• Like 1

3 hours ago, =Andre= said:
3 hours ago, bighead said:

Expand  

Looks like it's due to some other effect playing. What's in the SimShaker for Aviators Effect Monitor and logs?

What will I be looking at or for? is it pretty self-explanatory? I honestly don't know what other effect it would be cross reacting with. To me it's clearly the buffeting/stall shudder, or the G-effect, just exacerbated, and I'm unable to turn it off

Dear Andre,

i want to create my own uwv.files, the templates can be found under documents/ssa.
But what are the effects of the individual files.

For example: p2_1_left_prop_900.uwv

I assume that stands for the running engine effect at 900 rpm
But what does it stand for: h_6_3_1.uwv or p2_6_11_3.uwv?
Is there a table or assignment to the files?
And I also have a second question
The UWV editor only shows 3 motors per side, but I have the jetpad with 4 per side!
Will the editor be adjusted at some point?

Horrido Jandar:joystick:

:pilotfly:

Intel i5-9600K 6x6 @3.7Ghz - 64GB DDR4 - M.2 SSD 1TB - SSD 2TB - RX 7900 XTX - Pico Neo 3 Link- WIN10 64Bit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

15 hours ago, =Andre= said:

I reloaded SSA. Still the same problem with FW 190s.

Only had a little bit of time to look at the log files and the monitor. It seems that the telemetry for 190 is outputting canopy shake at the time there should be stall buffeting and shudder....  are my files corrupted or 190 specific bug?

P47 working well.

2 hours ago, bighead said:

I reloaded SSA. Still the same problem with FW 190s.

Only had a little bit of time to look at the log files and the monitor. It seems that the telemetry for 190 is outputting canopy shake at the time there should be stall buffeting and shudder....  are my files corrupted or 190 specific bug?

P47 working well.

Maybe that's the dashboard effect? Have you tried to disable it?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

14 hours ago, Jandar said:

Dear Andre,

i want to create my own uwv.files, the templates can be found under documents/ssa.
But what are the effects of the individual files.

For example: p2_1_left_prop_900.uwv

I assume that stands for the running engine effect at 900 rpm
But what does it stand for: h_6_3_1.uwv or p2_6_11_3.uwv?
Is there a table or assignment to the files?
And I also have a second question
The UWV editor only shows 3 motors per side, but I have the jetpad with 4 per side!
Will the editor be adjusted at some point?

Horrido Jandar:joystick:

Hello Jandar,

Please refer to this list https://forums.eagle.ru/topic/147495-official-simshaker-for-aviators/?do=findComment&comment=4559610

Regarding the number of motors. Talking about Gametrix based pads, they've got bottoms motors coupled. Hence we've got 8 motors but 6 channels to control them.

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

@=Andre= Do different effects use different frequencies and does the brand/range of the transducer affect how the effects are felt?

I only have a cheap transducer (cannabilised from an old aura interator vest from the '90s as a test) and I don't know what the frequency range is and the effects feel fairly similar barring the relative strength values.  Might I feel more fidelity with a better transducer?  Power wise it's fine and I rarely have the settings above 65%.

Ryzen7 7800X3D / RTX3080ti / 64GB DDR5 4800 / Varjo Aero / Leap Motion / Kinect Headtracking
TM 28" Warthog Deltasim Hotas / DIY Pendular Rudders / DIY Cyclic Maglock Trimmer / DIY Abris / TM TX 599 evo wheel / TM T3PA pro / DIY 7+1+Sequential Shifter / DIY Handbrake / Cobra Clubman Seat
Shoehorned into a 43" x 43" cupboard.

7 hours ago, =Andre= said:

Maybe that's the dashboard effect? Have you tried to disable it?

I think that was the problem exactly. I disabled it and and everything feels much better it just is interesting that DCS is pushing out those telemetry data in response to any harder turn or any pulling back on the stick even flying straight so somehow the action data do not seem to be correctly matched with the appropriate effect. I pretty much fly only WW2, p47>109>190>spit>mosquito and it seems that only the 190s are affected. Thx for your help!

• Like 2

5 hours ago, edmuss said:

@=Andre= Do different effects use different frequencies and does the brand/range of the transducer affect how the effects are felt?

I only have a cheap transducer (cannabilised from an old aura interator vest from the '90s as a test) and I don't know what the frequency range is and the effects feel fairly similar barring the relative strength values.  Might I feel more fidelity with a better transducer?  Power wise it's fine and I rarely have the settings above 65%.

Yes, that's correct. Different frequencies from 20 to 120 Hz. Feeling depends on a hardware, sure thing. Feel free to make your own samples accordingly with your own preferences.

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I'll try to find something that runs 20-120hz and see how the response from the transducer is. Thanks for the response, it may be that 30 year old transducer is simply knackered or not that good to start with🙂

edit: @=Andre= using this I can get a response from the transducer from 13Hz upwards so looks like it should be ok

edit again: tested the full range of the transducer now that everyone is awake!

13hz to 2000hz is viable, amp set to maximum and soundcard set to 20%. Perfectly clean signal throughout that range. Shakes the house!

Definitely a good way to go for a cheap single transducer setup.

Edited by edmuss

Ryzen7 7800X3D / RTX3080ti / 64GB DDR5 4800 / Varjo Aero / Leap Motion / Kinect Headtracking
TM 28" Warthog Deltasim Hotas / DIY Pendular Rudders / DIY Cyclic Maglock Trimmer / DIY Abris / TM TX 599 evo wheel / TM T3PA pro / DIY 7+1+Sequential Shifter / DIY Handbrake / Cobra Clubman Seat
Shoehorned into a 43" x 43" cupboard.

On 8/2/2023 at 4:52 AM, Willoughby888 said:

How long did it take to get the code back? I've been waiting a couple days now, and no response yet. Same thing happened to me with no hardware/software change. Started up DCS literally one day later than the previous playtime, and the sound module was no longer registered. No windows updates or anything. It is crazy how immersive this is.. Not having the ability to feel things definitely impacted my gameplay lol. 

Intel i7 8700K @ 4.8Ghz, Asus RoG Maximus X Formula, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z 3200, EVGA Geforce 2080 Super, 1TB Samsung Evo 970 M.2, 500GB Samsung Pro 860 SSD.

TM Warthog, Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals, Acer 23" x2, Oculus Rift S, FSSB3 Lighting

Hello together!
I love this program. But I have a little problem and no idea how to tackle it. 
Especially with the Apache, but also a little less pronounced with the Gazelle, the vibration of the main rotor starts too early. I see the rotor blades still spinning very slowly, but I already get the vibrations getting faster and faster. Is there any way to slow down the acceleration of the vibrations?

48 minutes ago, Huey89 said:

Hello together!
I love this program. But I have a little problem and no idea how to tackle it. 
Especially with the Apache, but also a little less pronounced with the Gazelle, the vibration of the main rotor starts too early. I see the rotor blades still spinning very slowly, but I already get the vibrations getting faster and faster. Is there any way to slow down the acceleration of the vibrations?

I asked that very same question but under different circumstances. Depending on what you have, but if its just a jetpad then no. I wanted to slow down the fire rate for aircraft guns...wish it would happen, but not sure they can.

Intel 13900k @ 5.8ghz | 64gb GSkill Trident Z | MSI z790 Meg ACE| Zotac RTX4090 | Asus 1000w psu | Slaw RX Viper 2 pedals | VKB Gunfighter Mk3 MCE Ultimate + STECS/ Virpil MongoosT50+ MongoosT50CM |Virpil TCS+ AH64D grip + custom AH64D TEDAC | HP Reverb G2 | Windows 11 Pro | |Samsung Odyssey G9 | Next Level Racing Flight Seat Pro

My wallpaper and skins