[Official] SimShaker for Aviators

Am 29.12.2023 um 16:57 schrieb =Andre=:

Usually the DCS Export Repair button at the SimShaker for Aviators "Settings" tab helps in a case like this.

Thank you very much, Andre. That was the solution. The seat is working again. 😀

• Like 1

Hello all!  I've just joined the SimShaker user family - so cool!!!  

I apologize in advance since I'm sure my question has been answered before, I just cannot find it as I reviewed this thread...

I have 2 usb sound cards that i have attached to bass transducers (1 driving a BK under back of rig; 1 driving 2 small dayton pucks at front of rig).  Each of them work fine independently.  But, how can I use both of them together??  I assume this can be done and I can assign effect values for each sound card, or possible each individual transducer?

Thanks in advance!!

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Keith Briscoe said:

Hello all!  I've just joined the SimShaker user family - so cool!!!  

I apologize in advance since I'm sure my question has been answered before, I just cannot find it as I reviewed this thread...

I have 2 usb sound cards that i have attached to bass transducers (1 driving a BK under back of rig; 1 driving 2 small dayton pucks at front of rig).  Each of them work fine independently.  But, how can I use both of them together??  I assume this can be done and I can assign effect values for each sound card, or possible each individual transducer?

Thanks in advance!!

Hello Keith,

SimShaker Sound Module currently supports 1 sound card, up to 6 separate channels.

Please connect the amplifiers to the same sound card and select in SimShaker Sound Module settings 3 - 6 shakers configuration.

• Like 1

Gametrix JetSeats thread (in English) ,

SimShaker addon for bass-shakers thread (in English),

Andre's blog, downloads, manuals (in English).

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thx Andre.

i connected my set of transducers to one sound card now.  But I think I need a little more help.  Here's my setup:

Soundblaster 3 Play usb sound card   -> 3.5mm y cable that connects:

a) via 3.5mm to RCA cable into BK bka130 amp that ultimately drives the buttkicker

b) via 3.5mm male to male into Nobsound amp that drives 2 Dayton Audio pucks

Should I be able to assign effects to each of the transducers separately... or must they all get the same amount of effect for any one setting (value) for each effect?

Appreciate any other advice.

Edited by Keith Briscoe
more info

5 hours ago, Keith Briscoe said:

Thx Andre.

i connected my set of transducers to one sound card now.  But I think I need a little more help.  Here's my setup:

Soundblaster 3 Play usb sound card   -> 3.5mm y cable that connects:

a) via 3.5mm to RCA cable into BK bka130 amp that ultimately drives the buttkicker

b) via 3.5mm male to male into Nobsound amp that drives 2 Dayton Audio pucks

Should I be able to assign effects to each of the transducers separately... or must they all get the same amount of effect for any one setting (value) for each effect?

Appreciate any other advice.

Well, it depends on the effect playing back. Some effects engage bass shakers the same way, some not.

For example, if you launch a missile from the left wing you should feel it only on the left side only. But the stall shudders you will feel on the every shaker.

Sound module low frequency sound samples array contains the information how to engage every shaker for every effect.

You can easily change this information in the samples with the latest version of SimShaker Sound Module.

image.png

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

26 minutes ago, Keith Briscoe said:

and the dumbest question... how do I get this to update to 2.37?

I have a check mark on "Check for Updates".  but i'm still at 2.36

2.37 is in the beta branch and  "Check for Updates" in the stable branch app will not bring it to you.

Here is a direct link to get it https://simshaker.com/downloads/beta_SimShaker_Sound_Module_Setup_v_2.37.msi

I recommend to uninstall the previous version of the application in the same branch (can be beta or stable) before you install the new one.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thx for the help Andre.  I now have 2.37 for the Module.  But, I think my issue has more to do with my hardware setup.  So, appreciate anyone trying to help here...  The question is around how to use multiple amps for different transducers.

When i go to Sound Module and "test shakers one by one"... I really only feel the main buttkicker below my seat. 1 & 2 have strong bass; 3 & 4 have SUPER strong bass; 5& 6 have soft bass.  Nothing really going to those front 2 pucks.

And... even if I reduce gain for each channel, there is no change to how things feel.  

image.png

49 minutes ago, Keith Briscoe said:

Thx for the help Andre.  I now have 2.37 for the Module.  But, I think my issue has more to do with my hardware setup.  So, appreciate anyone trying to help here...  The question is around how to use multiple amps for different transducers.

When i go to Sound Module and "test shakers one by one"... I really only feel the main buttkicker below my seat. 1 & 2 have strong bass; 3 & 4 have SUPER strong bass; 5& 6 have soft bass.  Nothing really going to those front 2 pucks.

And... even if I reduce gain for each channel, there is no change to how things feel.  

image.png

Regarding how the Customizer works:
the test.wav sample is not the same which used for testing the buttons 1,2,3,4,5,6. The buttons are out of the Customizer scope. It's fine that you feel no difference when using the buttons 1,2,3,4,5,6.

But if you play exactly the test.wav sample after you hit the "Make Customized Sampe(s)" and  "Reload Samples and Test the Result" having all channels gain at 0 you will feel nothing I suppose.

Not sure I understand what you mean under " those front 2 pucks".

SimShaker Sound Module supports up to 6 channels. If you count everything you named having bass, you get 6.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

2 hours ago, Keith Briscoe said:

image.png

so you have a 6 channel soundcard. But only one wire from that soundcard outputs to the amp? you might need ASIO drivers.

i5 8400 | 32 Gb RAM | RTX 2080Ti | Virpil Mongoose T-50 base w/ Warthog & Hornet sticks | Warthog throttle | Cougar throttle USB | DIY Collective | Virpil desk mount | VKB T-Rudder Mk IV | Oculus Rift S | Buddy-Fox A-10 UFC | 3x TM MFDs | 2x bass shakers pedal plate| SIMple SIMpit chair | WinWing TakeOff panel | PointCTRL v2 | Andre JetSeat | Winwing Hornet UFC | Winwing Viper ICP

FC3 - Warthog - F-5E - Harrier - NTTR - Hornet - Tomcat - Huey - Viper - C-101 - PG - Hip - SuperCarrier - Syria - Warthog II - Hind - South Atlantic - Sinai - Strike Eagle

1 hour ago, Ala12Rv-Tundra said:

so you have a 6 channel soundcard. But only one wire from that soundcard outputs to the amp? you might need ASIO drivers.

In my case, I have 2 wires from souncard... one each to 2 different amps. But I may try asio to see what that does!

1 hour ago, Keith Briscoe said:

In my case, I have 2 wires from souncard... one each to 2 different amps. But I may try asio to see what that does!

What's your soundcard, how many outputs? 

i5 8400 | 32 Gb RAM | RTX 2080Ti | Virpil Mongoose T-50 base w/ Warthog & Hornet sticks | Warthog throttle | Cougar throttle USB | DIY Collective | Virpil desk mount | VKB T-Rudder Mk IV | Oculus Rift S | Buddy-Fox A-10 UFC | 3x TM MFDs | 2x bass shakers pedal plate| SIMple SIMpit chair | WinWing TakeOff panel | PointCTRL v2 | Andre JetSeat | Winwing Hornet UFC | Winwing Viper ICP

FC3 - Warthog - F-5E - Harrier - NTTR - Hornet - Tomcat - Huey - Viper - C-101 - PG - Hip - SuperCarrier - Syria - Warthog II - Hind - South Atlantic - Sinai - Strike Eagle

Well I guess I see the problem... my "sound card" (soundblaster play 3) ont has one output. I mistakenly saw the y-cable as 2 outputs. Dumb me.

So the next question is, what multi output external/sb soundcards do you all recommend??

42 minutes ago, Keith Briscoe said:

Well I guess I see the problem... my "sound card" (soundblaster play 3) ont has one output. I mistakenly saw the y-cable as 2 outputs. Dumb me.

So the next question is, what multi output external/sb soundcards do you all recommend??

Unless I'm mistaken, it's possible even with a 5.1/7.1 soundcard, even though it's only one wire. 

Following closely this discussion because I have a similar setup 😉

Also, u probably know this, monitor audio out works! - "Your GPU is a sound card, As long as you use a cable supporting audio like HDMI or DP you can run a buttkicker from a monitor out"

TM Warthog MFG TIR5 GT Omega Pro/ButKickerx1/WheelStandPro Playseat/ButKickerx2

15 hours ago, Ala12Rv-Tundra said:

ASIO drivers is mostly in the past for SimShaker software, quite optional now. You'd better avoid it if possible.

7 hours ago, Keith Briscoe said:

Any 5.1 or 7.1 capable sound card would fit I suppose.
I use Sound Blaster 5.1 USB sound card at the moment.

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Can anybody give me a hint, why the G-effect works in Jets but not in Helicopters? I know, that it once did. I set the treshold to +2G, but even at 3G no effect is triggered. In Jets it works perfectly fine, fading in from +2G onwards.....

(I use a single "buttkicker", no Jetseat or similar; Latest beta of SSA and SSM)

Edited by Hiob

"Muß ich denn jedes Mal, wenn ich sauge oder saugblase den Schlauchstecker in die Schlauchnut schieben?"

3 hours ago, Hiob said:

Can anybody give me a hint, why the G-effect works in Jets but not in Helicopters? I know, that it once did. I set the treshold to +2G, but even at 3G no effect is triggered. In Jets it works perfectly fine, fading in from +2G onwards.....

(I use a single "buttkicker", no Jetseat or similar; Latest beta of SSA and SSM)

quick question @Hiob, how do you set the threshold?  Thanks.

2 minutes ago, Keith Briscoe said:

In the SSA software in the second(middle?) tab, you can set a treshold for -G and +G. I set mine to -0.3 and +2. I can't make a screenshot rn, but it's not hard to find. (you may need to right click on the task icon of SSA to actually open the application)

• Like 1

"Muß ich denn jedes Mal, wenn ich sauge oder saugblase den Schlauchstecker in die Schlauchnut schieben?"

2 hours ago, Keith Briscoe said:

It´s under the Special Options tab of SimShaker for Aviators

image.png

5 hours ago, =Andre= said:

ASIO drivers is mostly in the past for SimShaker software, quite optional now. You'd better avoid it if possible.

Any 5.1 or 7.1 capable sound card would fit I suppose.
I use Sound Blaster 5.1 USB sound card at the moment.

No Asio drivers then, ok.
However, this is my USB external 5.1 sound card with just one output. Is it doable? Or I need one with several outputs?

image.png

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Hiob said:

In the SSA software in the second(middle?) tab, you can set a treshold for -G and +G. I set mine to -0.3 and +2. I can't make a screenshot rn, but it's not hard to find. (you may need to right click on the task icon of SSA to actually open the application)

thanks for this... now this is cool and helpful!!

And for the other topic/comments about sound cards... I have ordered an inexpensive 5.1 external sound card that should arrive tomorrow.  I expect to connect to the BK amp (single buttkicker transducer) and the Nobsound amp (fronts left and right transducers) and hopeful I can figure out how to send sounds to each of these.

@=andre=  above you mention "Sound module low frequency sound samples array contains the information how to engage every shaker for every effect.  You can easily change this information in the samples with the latest version of SimShaker Sound Module."  Is there any more specific instructions on how to do this?  Is it just with those sliders?

Thank you.

Edited by Keith Briscoe

However, this is my USB external 5.1 sound card with just one output. Is it doable? Or I need one with several outputs?

😅 I don’t know how to tell you…. I think you were scammed. Where do you think the remaining 4 channels are going to connect to? 😬

image.png

No Asio drivers then, ok.

image.png

Looks like just 2 channels sound card and not 5.1.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

1 hour ago, Keith Briscoe said:

thanks for this... now this is cool and helpful!!

And for the other topic/comments about sound cards... I have ordered an inexpensive 5.1 external sound card that should arrive tomorrow.  I expect to connect to the BK amp (single buttkicker transducer) and the Nobsound amp (fronts left and right transducers) and hopeful I can figure out how to send sounds to each of these.

@=andre=  above you mention "Sound module low frequency sound samples array contains the information how to engage every shaker for every effect.  You can easily change this information in the samples with the latest version of SimShaker Sound Module."  Is there any more specific instructions on how to do this?  Is it just with those sliders?

Thank you.

I'm afraid, I can't squeeze out even more specific instructions right now. I know you guys love specific instructions, but I'm not good at stuff like this. Sorry.
Please try to play around with the Customizer and it will become clear. There is a very simple idea behind SimShaker Sound Module and I'm trying to adhere to it.
And don't forget to read the User Guide https://simshaker.com/guides/sound

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hey all,

I'm new to setting up a BassShaker.  I've searched through the forum and this thread but this thread is long. My plan is to use either one or two Dayton BST-1 and the Nobsound amp. I've seen several videos where the Nobsound is connected to the PC simply by USB and it is essentially a sound card itself.  Then I have seen setups where people still use an external USB sound card.

Can someone please just summarize the difference and whether I can just use the Nobsound via USB with SSA and the Sound Module OR do I have to have an additional sound card to connect the Nobsound for use with SSA?

Thanks so much for any quick advice.