No cockpits displayed

Hi

Since updating to Windows 10 at the end of July, When I got around to using DCS World a short while later, I found non of my aircraft cockpits would display, A10-C, F-86 and the Hawk. In the A10-C, I get the HUD and the two MFD's, the F-86 and hawk, nothing.

I also noted that when I fly towards a built up area as I get close, the buildings dissapear, terrain features ie tree's etc remain.

In Windows 7, DCS world worked perfect and flawlessly. I have lowered resolution settings in the sim to minimum etc, reverted back to an older graphics card driver that worked, tried repairs but nothing works.

As I can no longer revert back to Win 7, I am now stuck. Something tells me its a memory issue and Win 10 uses more than Win 7 on which I was running on the minimum needed, 4GB RAM and 2GB graphics card and I may need a new system now.

Anyone any ideas what else could be amiss?

DxDiag.txt

Hi

As I can no longer revert back to Win 7, I am now stuck. Something tells me its a memory issue and Win 10 uses more than Win 7 on which I was running on the minimum needed, 4GB RAM and 2GB graphics card and I may need a new system now.

I would say you are spot on, especially for DCSW 1.5 or 2.0

You are below the min recommended spec especially for ram.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Not sure if it's the system... one of my friends has DCS working perfectly Windows 10 and about the same hardware.(4 gm ram and 2 gm card, he doesn't play it on super populated servers but in sp and coop mp he has over 90 fps all the time ) Have you upgraded from win 7 ? or installed clean? how about your DCS? Try a clean install of maybe the stable version of 1.5 not open beta. Don't install any modules, just clean install it and see if it works.

I will give that ago of a clean install, for 1.5, I was on the open beta. I refrained from doing this but was held back by my monthly download limit, but I have just had fibre optic fitted so things are buzzing now with a bigger monthly limit.

Hi

Since updating to Windows 10 at the end of July, When I got around to using DCS World a short while later, I found non of my aircraft cockpits would display, A10-C, F-86 and the Hawk. In the A10-C, I get the HUD and the two MFD's, the F-86 and hawk, nothing.

I also noted that when I fly towards a built up area as I get close, the buildings dissapear, terrain features ie tree's etc remain.

In Windows 7, DCS world worked perfect and flawlessly. I have lowered resolution settings in the sim to minimum etc, reverted back to an older graphics card driver that worked, tried repairs but nothing works.

That GPU isnt DX11 Compatible, you're lucky DCS Even Launches.

ATi Radeon 4800 is RV700 Series GPU w/ Max DirectX Support of 10.1

Minimum system requirements:

OS 64-bit Windows 7/8/10; DirectX11;

CPU: Core i3; RAM: 8 GB; Free hard disk space: 60 GB;

Video: 2 GB RAM card, DirectX11 - compatible; requires internet activation.

Edited by SkateZilla

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

Windows 10 Comes with DX12, Which has Libraries for DX11, DX 10, DX9 etc.

The Problem is DCS Uses DirectX 11.0

Your Graphics Card is DirectX 10.1

The Problem isnt Windows, the Problem is the Hardware.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

DCS World was Never Compiled to Run on DirectX 10 Libraries, it went from DireectX 9.0c to DirectX 11

DCS World has been running DirectX 11 since:

10/01/2015 - 1.5.0.45166 Open Beta

12/25/2015 - 1.5.2.48726 Stable / Release

11/30/2015 - 2.0.0.47610 Open Alpha

Maybe you using the "F1 HUD only view switch" (cat. view)

The default key combination is "LAlt+F1"

Tried it numerous occasions along with pressing virtually every other key settings for views etc.

I also knew I was not the first to have this problem but no matter how much I searched I could not find the thread till today until I was looking at DX 11 issues and then found the thread I was looking for which would have helped me. The other poster had spelt cockpit as "cokpit" so no matter how much I searched for "cockpit" problems I could not find it.

At moment planning on going back to 1.2 till I can get a new graphics card or revert back to an earlier 1.5 that worked with DX 9, if there is one and it is possible to go back to such.

At moment planning on going back to 1.2 till I can get a new graphics card or revert back to an earlier 1.5 that worked with DX 9, if there is one and it is possible to go back to such.

1.5 is DX11, only the previous 1.2 is DX9...

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

1.5 is DX11, only the previous 1.2 is DX9...

If that is the case then, I cannot recall when 1.5 came out, but if it was before July 29th when I switched to Win 10, then I must have been running 1.5 on DX9.

Anyway, time to go fishing fro rest of week, I'll sort it out next week if I get chance.

1.5 Uses DX11 Libraries, there's no way you were running 1.5 w/ DirectX9.

1.5 Uses DX11 Libraries, there's no way you were running 1.5 w/ DirectX9.

Was 1.5 Open beta running on DX 9, because if it was not, then I can assure you that it was working on my system because as we have seen, my graphics card does not support DX11 but I have had OPEN Beta 1.5 working on that card since it came out and it was up to upgrading to WIN 10 and DX 12 when it stopped working.

Every Version of 1.5 was using the EDGE DX11 Engine.

Whether or not your GPU was able to read and decode the instructions if a completely different story.

Its a mystery then, found evidence that I was running V 1.5.3 back in April 2016, same graphics card with DX11 installed in a posting by myself with a report on 050416 titled "Game crashes on starting a mission" and it was a problem which resolved itself eventually.

As I was running on the minimum then, perhaps Win 10 is now using a bit more memory than win 7 was and has caused the problem, but not to worry, new card and memory when I get chance.

Borrow a dx11 card from a friend and test to see if it works, i really don't think it's the ram, you mentioned that 78% of ram is used , it's normal with 4 gb (my friend has about the same amount used when we fly) but who knows .. it could be the ram too .. anyway i would get a dx 11 compatible card from a friend and see if it runs.