RECON Script for Gazelle (or any other helicopter...)

ESAc_matador

So, here it is.

My new script. Many of us, that are enyoing the Gazelle module, miss the posibility to send the coordenates to an AI aircraft and make him attack. Well, not anymore... What can you do with this script? or better said, how it works?

- Through a series of F10 menu commands you can add the enemy groups as a command menu. by pressing

"CAS Support from Recon Helo" /"Load Target from Recon Helo".

In order to the script to work you need to be slaved with the Viviane, and looking directly to the target. And to be Line of Sight... so, if you are behinde a mountain it does not work. Once you press Load Targets... This will put a list of CAS flights in the subemnu, and every flight will have that group target you were aiming at in it. If there are two groups... you can choose which one you want to attack because the targets have the coordenates LAT LONG, so you have to decide if this is the target you want to attack, or not. Check your Navigation systems and do your maths!!!! ;). This is the beauty of the script, flying in multicrew is awesome, and you can be in a very dangerous enviroment, doing your job. RECON.

So now you will have a menu like this in F10.

"CAS Support from Recon Helo" / "CAS1" (or CAS2, CAS3...) / N 43° 33,45 E 44°34,48 if you press CAS1 and then the LAT LONG coordenates, automatically the CAS1 group will attack the enemy until extintion.

Since, some times, you dont get any enemies... you will have to reset the menus... This is important, never load twice, may be it does not work properly.... if something happens, just reset as many times as needed until there is not any CAS1, CAS2, CAS3... etc. Then press Load Targets again... (remember you need to be bearing the enemy!!!!) Also, in the menu of every CAS flight you have the option to cancel attack... this is good, sometimes you make a mistake, or you simple want to finish off the enemies by yourselve.

How to install this script???

Easy, you need MIST and the Script given below.

Configure a helicopter with name of the group, and name of the unit "espia1".

Configure all CAS flights with the group name and the unit name with CAS1, CAS2, CAS3 and CAS4.

You can put a CAS3 for example to follow you at a given distance, as I did in the mission example, and when you ask him to attack, he will do... when you call CAS3/Cancel attack, he will come back... it takes time to come back to formation, but... For flights, what I do is just... two waypoints, and in the second, I put, switch to wp1... this way, they are orbiting. So, I made a small mission, but it is really funny, Re-playable, since the enemies start with teleport in zone... so... take care!!! Enemies SAMs, Shilkas, BTR and Tanks. You have to clear the way... you have 2 flights of 2x10C with AGM, Rockets, and Bombs. And a Ka50 to cover you... (this is CAS3).I put a map of the mission here... take your time, and i recomend first, to clean the airspace of SAMs... then you can start distpatching taks to your CAS flights....

The mission consist to deliver the Blue ground units in the destiny. I made it only changing the speed of in the F10 map, so... go, and stop. Remeber, this is a part of a bigger thing... involving, smoke, illuminating, laser, enemy position etc...

PS> To POLYSHOP. If you give us the possibility to have the distance and heading shown in the Viviane... I could create small areas and to make this script even better.

-

Screen_161030_144612.thumb.jpg.0fbaabb1e96037c0d8745893834ce140.jpg

Gazelle3.0.lua

gazelle recon test.miz

Edited by ESAc_matador
  • Like 1

Sounds cool, will try that.

As for PolyChop, how about them exporting the Viviane/Athena's heading and depression/elevation angle?

Then check LOS and distance?

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VIRPIL CM 50 Stick & Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

Sounds cool, will try that.

As for PolyChop, how about them exporting the Viviane/Athena's heading and depression/elevation angle?

Then check LOS and distance?

If we can export the Viviane´s laser range, and heading... we can triangulate and make a point in the map. With a point, we can make a triggerzone, and then we can collect the units/groups in such triggerzone. Once we have this, with a script like this, you can ask AI to attack. That would be ideal...

BUT.... Shagrat, try this mission, and you will enjoy a lot.

Cool. I know Polychop wanted to have this kind of possibility with the module, but they gave up due to time and resource constraints.

From your description, I understand this is a SP script. Would it be complicated to make it work in MP for several Gazelles?

Negative.... It should work in multiplayer but at the moment only one Helicopter heading is the refetence... If you fly with another Gazelle he cannot load the Targets... Yet!

Although the way is encripted, If you put another helicopter named "espia2", it should work, but when it loads the targets will take into account both aircrafts. I ll check later. It is not elegant, but it will probably work.

But i havr to polish the script yet. What i wanted is to present it to you and may be we can tweak to make it better.

Regarding polyshop... They wanted to give a functionality, but with this idea, it should not be difficult to export those to variables. VIVIANE CAMERA HEADING and VIVIANE LASER... If they tell me how to export this figures to a lua script... I can dobthe rest.

That should be something like:

Unit. getVivianeHeading('gazellename')

Unit. getVivianeLaserRange('gazellename').

With this you create a point in the map. Then, with point and a radius let say 50meters you have a triggerzone... With a triggerzone, you capture all units in it in a table... The rest is the same as this script.

This is my idea. Another option is to do it by my self... But i dont have time now, and the way it is now is quite funny. In any case i ll ask them again.

As i told you, i have to polish the script... I am not a Lua master and it takes too long for me to get what I want. I know the philosophy but not the language.

Edited by ESAc_matador

Yes, I saw your post on the Polychop forum. Hope they will look at it. And it will be also useful for the upcoming BO-105 module since it will have a top mounted sight too for recon and HOT guidance. Pat01 is the one behind the Gazelle coding, but it's often Poly-Roie who is answering on the English forum.

I am no LUA master at all. I am actually not even at the noob level. I am just shamelessly using scripts from more talented people like you for my MP missions within my squad.

• 3 years later...
Thats pretty cool...

I was just giving info on how to figure FAC coordinates for Arty strike....with what you have...Not a 'script' .... Appreciate your time

To my knowledge it cannot be done since you cannot give data. If we could i could do a script to do so... This is what I could get...