New İmproved Lighting Screenshots !

FalconPlot16

Lets just hope these shadows perform better than the old ones in VR :) :) :).

I'll bet they do :)

Nvidia RTX3080 (HP Reverb), AMD 3800x

Asus Prime X570P, 64GB G-Skill RipJaw 3600

Saitek X-65F and Fanatec Club-Sport Pedals (Using VJoy and Gremlin to remap Throttle and Clutch into a Rudder axis)

It would be waaaaay better to add any kind of ambient occlusion for the lighting system, that would REALLY be an improvement.

I'd love some solid ambient occlusion. I personally think that is the very best way to make 3d objects look like they belong in a scene. I render a lot of 3d stuff for work, and I always hate my test renders before I do the ambient occlusion pass.

Also, is DCS getting "PBR" with all these engine updates?

Can't wait for 2.5!

Intel i5-2500k @ 4.4GHz w/ H70 liquid cooler, ASRock PRO3-M Z68 Mobo, 32G 1600Mhz Mushkin RAM, EVGA GTX970 4GB , OCZ Agility 3 128g SSD, SanDisk 240g SSD, Win7 64-bit

--Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/livingfood --

I'd love some solid ambient occlusion. I personally think that is the very best way to make 3d objects look like they belong in a scene. I render a lot of 3d stuff for work, and I always hate my test renders before I do the ambient occlusion pass.

Also, is DCS getting "PBR" with all these engine updates?

Can't wait for 2.5!

Yeah mate!, I also do some 3d rendering and AO (global ilumination as the real big thing) is KEY to achieve realistic images. DCS will never look realistic if no AO system is implemented, as simple as that, specially in no direct light conditions like under a cloud or overcast weather.

About physically based rendering, I think they are doing (not sure) something about that...it would improve interactions between light and object A LOT.

Also I think DCS would need some work in the shadowing representation, for example trails/smoke of any kind should receive/cast shadows (actually, landing gear smoke when touching runway in landings is shadowed by the planes shadow :thumbup:, but doesnt cast shadow :sad_2:) this would help a lot when pinpointing smoke columns in the terrain, objects and other planes should be iluminated by planes landing/positioning lights and cast shadows, cockpit shadows are quite low quality right now and they have tons of jaggies, need some love also, etc.

Lets see what we get with 2.5 :)

Take a look at my MODS here