New canopy glass bug...

Ala12Rv-watermanpc

In the last NTTR update, they fixed the extreme reflectivity of the canopy which was way too much before as well as opacity, ok...sad news is, now its WAAAY too low reflectivity (I woud say ZERO reflectivity) an it looks like there is no glass at all :doh: ...also, specular level is very very low...WTF??? is it that hard to solve this freaking issue????:mad:

Edited by watermanpc

Take a look at my MODS here

Where did I said it was easy?? I wondered how hard could it be because seems to be a really hard thing to fix due to the fact they just reported the bug as fixed when they just break the thing in other way so...anyway, if you look at all other canopies of other planes they look ok so cant understand why is so hard to make it work fine in the m2000...

It's easy to change this ... All you have to do is fiddle with Alpha levels of the glass in fact it was me who did something about it because no1 was doing anything

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2882901&postcount=23 - As you see in that post

I had a chat with CptSmiley month or so ago saying he can take one of my fixes I made there and in case they deem it appropriate they could implement it into the game.

He said that he's gonna give it to their Texture guys and let them review it and fix it if need be.

I'm not sure if they used my version or they fixed it them self frankly I don't really care.

But in case you want a "Darker cockpit" you can always use some of the files from that post

Edit: Oh yes ... and please don't compare "Other DCS Aircraft have such nice Canopy ..."

They're in fact not realistic at all if you take some of your time to look at the images you will see that for your self.

Example

3905023.jpg?v=v4040d46f940

Edited by Rlaxoxo

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Youtube

Reddit

I have already edited the "fxxing" in my post.

About the issue, I have just seen your work Rlaxoxo, it looks very similar to what they released so probably they used your fix. I like it but looks a bit too low reflective and too low on specular IMHO (it looks like there is not any glass at all)...dont get me wrong, its better than before, and at some moments it could look like there is no specular nor reflections (like the picture you posted) but most of the time I think it should be more reflective and with more specular level. Mybe something like the F-15 canopy would work just fine...:thumbup:

I have already edited the "fxxing" in my post.

About the issue, I have just seen your work Rlaxoxo, it looks very similar to what they released so probably they used your fix. I like it but looks a bit too low reflective and too low on specular IMHO (it looks like there is not any glass at all)...dont get me wrong, its better than before, and at some moments it could look like there is no specular nor reflections (like the picture you posted) but most of the time I think it should be more reflective and with more specular level. Mybe something like the F-15 canopy would work just fine...:thumbup:

I like this bug report better than the first one :thumbup:

Helljumper - M2000C Guru

Helljumper's Youtube

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCK3rTjezLUxPbWHvJJ3W2fA

Those pictures are real life, where the amount of detail and perfection is unlimited...sadly, in DCS, where canopies dont even cast shadows, if you leave the reflection level in zero, then you just dont have canopy glass at all:

1479587865-dcs-2016-11-19-21-10-22-73.jpg

1479587866-dcs-2016-11-19-21-10-35-29.jpg

1479587869-dcs-2016-11-19-21-10-40-95.jpg

Do you think this looks even close to the pictures you posted?? Can you even see ANY glass there???...I cant, so I think this is not a good fix for the previous issue.

nah it was too dark. after the fix it's much better. i prefer the current looking.

It was too dark, but now there's nothing to look at. Canopy plexiglass effect is completely missed now, plexiglass itself is missed so the canopy.

1479587866-dcs-2016-11-19-21-10-35-29.jpg

..really, is not possible after so many months..... Thank a lot to Rlaxox for its work waiting for the fix, but where is the Mirage 2000 modeller, just to know? Sorry guys but this canopy is not acceptable for this Mirage 2000 model first, and for DCS standard as well, really. This is not a fix, this is a joke. Sorry. Again, please fix this problem.

Problem is not only if the canopy is "darker" or not, but the material itself i think. Look at the A-10C canopy for ex, or the F-86's one that's almost perfect.

Unbenannt-4_Kopie.jpg

We need this effect.

photo-7D-IMG_4184-RAW.jpg

co_dsc01879.thumb.jpg.f880e241a5bc856cf25e3a11bf07a500.jpg

ROCAF_Mirage_2000-5EI_Pilot_Opened_Canopy_and_Waveing_Hand_on_Runway_20120602.thumb.jpg.3c7bdb91e5b42ee8ec5c6aa34b0e8dcd.jpg

4cdec-rocaf_dassault_mirage_2000-5ei_aoki-8.thumb.jpg.5a39f017be4cd4569587cff01eb142f7.jpg

Edited by Conroy

I cant believe someone could prefer how it looks now!!!!:shocking:, seriously, did you watched the screens I posted before?¿?¿?¿...there is NO canopy at all damn!!!!:huh:

Thanks Conroy, I see Im not alone!!...once again Rlaxoxo, I really apreciate you made a fix for this, and I also prefer your fix over the way too opaque bugged version BUT, I think Razbam/ED just went the easu way and just taked your work and "solved the issue" :mad:...this is not by any means solved, and as Conroy said, its just a joke!! ...it cant be so difficult if other planes are looking very good, damn!! even the M2000 looked amazing before!!!!WTF?¿?¿?:doh:

For those saying it looks better now...cmon!!! are you serious??? this is how it looked BEFORE:

DCS_M2000C_screen3.JPG

DCS_M2000C_screen2.JPG

MAR%201216%20M2M%20DCS%20M2KC%20Cigognes%203.jpg

DCS%20MIRAGE%202000%20%20AdA%203-11%20Corse%20Shark%202.jpg

Screen_151230_164851.jpg

DCS%20MIRAGE%202000C%20PROTOTYPE%201.jpg

Screen_160225_164523.jpg

you cant be serious...

In case no one realized, there seem to be some changes to "glass reflection" coming...

Watch the NTTR video carefully from 1:04 in the carpark at Laughlin...

Does look like glass reflections will be much more pronounced in the future... Sadly, this is not in the current patch, it seems.

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

In case no one realized, there seem to be some changes to "glass reflection" coming...

Watch the NTTR video carefully from 1:04 in the carpark at Laughlin...

Does look like glass reflections will be much more pronounced in the future... Sadly, this is not in the current patch, it seems.

????????...thas has nothing to do with M2000 canopy glass :huh:

????????...thas has nothing to do with M2000 canopy glass :huh:

Reflections and Specular mapping is obviously very much "Work In Progress", currently?

Edit - maybe the reflection is "gone" as the new shader with the "flash"-reflections is not integrated in 2.0.4 and thus no reflection can be rendered with the "new" effect?

Shagrat

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

But why say its fixed then???...and the rest of planes???...ugh!, it looked sooooo good before, specially this picture:

In fact, I think it was the best looking glass material of ALL models :doh:

Maybe it is fixed in internal build, but requires the new shader, maybe it is fixed and ED changed a setting, thus the Fix doesn't render. Maybe it is simply a bug and the fix doesn't work.

As the Mirage isn't released, yet and still is WIP, these things are going to happen.

I'm sure Razbam or ED will notice and/or fix/adjust this before release, depending on what causes it.

Shagrat

But why say its fixed then???...and the rest of planes???...ugh!, it looked sooooo good before, specially this picture:

In fact, I think it was the best looking glass material of ALL models :doh:

Here you go ... Just for you "Special edition" Use it if you want

To clarify (This is the glass that Mirage used before they changed it to that super uber dark canopy glass (3/4/2016)

m7TOcIU.jpg

bjTMae9.jpg

Cockpit Major ~~ M-2000C - Canopy Trasnparency Fix v3 (For watermanpc).rar

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Youtube

Reddit

Oh man!, so kind, you should not have bothered!...I just wanted to make devs to know it wasnt looking correctly yet, at least not as it was before the bug.

I have always told you that you make a nice job,..I have tested it and it looks AMAZING! you should use this one as the 4.0 ver, Im sure most people will like this one better :thumbup:

Now I wonder even more why ED/Razbam couldnt achieve what you did...anyway, great job, and again thanks a lot.:)