FPS Drop with Wingman

MBot

In the current Alpha 2.0.4.59428 there seems to be a very large drop if the player has a wingman.

attachment.php?attachmentid=153588&stc=1&d=1481980527

50 FPS with one AI wingman in player flight.

attachment.php?attachmentid=153589&stc=1&d=1481980527

Same mission but wingman removed. 134 FPS.

Edit: I haven't figured it out completely yet, but it seems to be related to a) the MiG-21, b) a wingman and c) the park positions close to the runway at Groom Lake. Moving either the player, the wingman or both to spawn at park positions further away from the runway will restore FPS.

Edited by MBot
More findings

i have same problem during formation flights, i can not fly close to another mig-21.

that issue happens only with mig-21

60 to 25 fps:(

My issue seems to be different. If I set the flight to "take off from runway", which will also put both aircraft right next to each other, I do not get an FPS drop.

It's not about Groom, as it happens in default 2.0.4 cold start mission as well (which takes place at Creech or Nellis?). However, as soon as either You or the wingman start taxing, the fps goes back to higher values, which is puzzling.

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

My issue seems to be different. If I set the flight to "take off from runway", which will also put both aircraft right next to each other, I do not get an FPS drop.

Disregard that, the distance for a formation take off is just a little beyond the distance threshold which causes the issue. If you taxi a little bit closer, the FPS drop too. So this is actually the same bug that was already reported over a year ago.

i have no problem when flying formation with another aircraft or a crowded squadron but if i see any mig-21 and fly close to it, there starts my fps drop.

i have gigabyte gtx 770 2gb overclocked, 16 gb 1600mhz kingston hyperx fury black, i7 3770@ 3.8( 3 core).