Simpit Software from SDA

HJPuhlmann

Apparently, the WIKI resource page on how to do this needs to be updated? I could find no such file structure in current DCS? I even did a search for this file in widows explorer, and no results?

- First go to Scripts\Aircrafts\A-10C\Cockpit

- Then go to the indicator folder you want to use (Eg : AN_ALR69V\indicator

- then open the init.lua file of your indicator (Eg : AN_ALR69V_init.lua here)

Ohhhh, Ive got about 15 hours into this so far and Im about to pop a cork!

Windows 10 Pro - 64 Bit / ASUS ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming / AMD 7800X3D / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 64GB DDR5 6000 Ram / SSD M.2 SK hynix Platinum P41 2TB / MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 SUPRIM Liquid X 24G / SteelSeries Arctis 7 Headset /LG-Ultragear 38" IPS LED Ultrawide HD Monitor (3840 x 1600) / Track IR4 / Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Virpil HOTAS VPC Constellation ALPHA-R & VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle

Hey Fakum, I have not exported any of the KA50 screens but I have for some other aircraft. For example, find below my Custom monitor setup in case it helps:

_ = function(p) return p; end;

name = _('Custom-Views&MFDs');

Description = 'Custom Views & MFDs'

Viewports =

{

Left =

{

x = 0;

y = 960;

width = 1920;

height = 1200;

viewDx = -1;

viewDy = 0;

aspect = 1920 / 1200;

},

Center =

{

x = 1920;

y = 0;

width = 3840;

height = 2160;

viewDx = 0;

viewDy = 0;

aspect = 3840 / 2160;

},

Right =

{

x = 5760;

y = 1080;

width = 1920;

height = 1080;

viewDx = 1;

viewDy = 0;

aspect = 1920 / 1080;

}

}

LEFT_MFCD =

{

x = 4394;

y = 2160;

width = 500;

height = 500;

}

RIGHT_MFCD =

{

x = 5260;

y = 2160;

width = 500;

height = 500;

}

VIGGEN_RADAR =

{

x = 5130;

y = 2280;

width = 600;

height = 600;

}

UIMainView = {

x = 1920;

y = 0;

width = 3840;

height = 2160;

aspect = 1.77;

}

GUI = UIMainView

For the Viggen radar output, I had to update the following:

C:\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World 25\Mods\aircraft\AJS37\Cockpit\scripts\radar\Indicator\init.lua

Add under top line:

local my_path = LockOn_Options.script_path.."VIGGEN_RADAR"

Add to bottom:

dofile(LockOn_Options.common_script_path.."ViewportHandling.lua")

try_find_assigned_viewport("VIGGEN_RADAR")

I hope that helps

That does help actually. I kind of see what your doing there with the init.lua, but since I dont have the Viggen, I can not reverse engineer how you came up with finding the exact NAME to insert "Viggen_Radar"?

For example here, i want to export the KA-50 Shkval, those lines your told me to install, what name would i insert? I am assuming it may already be on one of the lines in the init.lua, but which one to use for sure? Thanks,

dofile(LockOn_Options.common_script_path.."devices_defs.lua")

indicator_type = indicator_types.COMMON

used_render_mask = LockOn_Options.script_path.."../IndicationTextures/SHKVAL_MASK.bmp"

render_target_always = LockOn_Options.flight.easy_radar

purposes = {100}

-------PAGE IDs-------

id_Page =

{

PAGE_NULL = 0,

PAGE_OFF = 1,

PAGE_TEST = 2,

PAGE_MAIN = 3

}

id_pagesubset =

{

COMMON = 0,

MAIN = 1,

TEST = 2,

}

page_subsets = {}

page_subsets[id_pagesubset.COMMON] = LockOn_Options.script_path.."SHKVAL\\SHKVAL_base_page.lua"

page_subsets[id_pagesubset.MAIN] = LockOn_Options.script_path.."SHKVAL\\SHKVAL_page.lua"

page_subsets[id_pagesubset.TEST] = LockOn_Options.script_path.."SHKVAL\\SHKVAL_page_test.lua"

----------------------

pages = {}

pages[id_Page.PAGE_MAIN] = { id_pagesubset.COMMON, id_pagesubset.MAIN}

pages[id_Page.PAGE_TEST] = { id_pagesubset.COMMON, id_pagesubset.TEST}

init_pageID = id_Page.PAGE_MAIN

test_pageID = id_Page.PAGE_TEST

always_show_ground = false

--use_parser = false

Windows 10 Pro - 64 Bit / ASUS ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming / AMD 7800X3D / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 64GB DDR5 6000 Ram / SSD M.2 SK hynix Platinum P41 2TB / MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 SUPRIM Liquid X 24G / SteelSeries Arctis 7 Headset /LG-Ultragear 38" IPS LED Ultrawide HD Monitor (3840 x 1600) / Track IR4 / Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Virpil HOTAS VPC Constellation ALPHA-R & VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle

@Fakum: you copied a file from Capt. Zeen, the download included the modified init.lua files.

Otherwise leave the names at LEFT_MFCD and RIGHT_MFCD, so that two 2 displays work on most planes.

If you want to export special displays of airplanes, please ask in the appropriate subforums.

Simpit Software by SDA "SIMPIT DEVELOPER ASSOCIATION"

• DCS ExportScript
  • D.A.C. DCS to Arcaze Communicator
  • Ikarus a new Virtual Cockpit Software

Deutscher Forums Thread

English Forums Thread

Hard/Software: AMD Ryzen 7 1800X, 32 GiB RAM, extra SSD for Windows 10 and DCS World, AMD Vega Frontier Edition with 16 GiB VRAM

Yeah, I have confusion over files, I will agree with that.

Regarding exporting special displays etc, I have carefully considered the fact that this may not be the appropriate place to post up. But my thoughts are this. I am here to try and install your software that you have graciously provided to all of us, and for that I am truly grateful. One of the issues I have is that there are people like me that do not have the background needed to try and figure out what the missing pieces are, and how to resolve them.

My point is basically, that if someone see's this software and gets excited enough to want to try it, the presentation AND the instructions basically tell you to install a few of the files you provided, make a few X & Y adjustments, and your good to go!

That is not the case at all, here I am struggling to try and get stuff like the KA-50 SHKVAL to work in Ikarus, Most folks would not realize there are other installation processes required to make this a complete package. This info is not represented in your product information. So I am of the opinion that they should be aware, and this is what you need to do if you want to run Ikarus and see stuff like MFCD's etc. Wouldnt you think?

I believe I am contributing to the installation processes of your fine product by presenting this hurdle in the hopes to resolve, so others can see the path.

Respectfully,

Fakum

Hey Fakum, I have the KA-50 but have not set it up. However, I just loaded it in DCS and with the monitor configuration I posted above, both the Shkval and ABRIS output correctly on my fourth monitor. I would then assume that the following controls their output:

LEFT_MFCD =

{

x = 4394;

y = 2160;

width = 500;

height = 500;

}

RIGHT_MFCD =

{

x = 5260;

y = 2160;

width = 500;

height = 500;

}

Hope that helps!

That is interesting, and confusing, LOL,,, you were able to export both without even editing the init.lua files for either.I wonder if you already have a modified config file already installed that was created by others? McMicha mentions above that I should already have a modified init.lua file because I have a Capt. Zeen monitor config,,, but I will have to dig arounf for that,, that file I probably downloaded many, many years ago. Thanks for the help

Its been a while, but I don't believe I edited anything with the Ka-50 folder and its lua files. I would recommend trying to get the monitors setup correctly first, then testing the Ka-50 to see if the 2 screen output. This is outside the scope of Ikarus and should work.

Thanks for your help Goldwolf

• 2 weeks later...

Hi McMicha, I really like the setup for Ikarus and DCS-ExportScript you and others have put together. I'm developing a plugin for the Elgato Stream Deck hardware where I have modeled the button configuration to be similar to Ikarus, and I've been testing it out with DCS-ExportScript as the lua backend. I wanted to reach out to you with a couple questions:

1. Would you be ok with me sharing my project publicly with a link to your DCS-ExportScript github page for the export configuration (similar to how is done with Ikarus)?

2. Right now I can use my plugin in combination with Ikarus if I use one of the DAC export ports, however the existing Glass cockpit exports per module ("ExportScript.ProcessIkarusDCSConfigLowImportance") are better suited to my use. Would you be open to supporting configurations with multiple Glass Cockpit Ikarus ports in DCS-ExportScript as is already done with the D.A.C. export (i.e. Config.DAC[1], Config.DAC[2], etc.)?

Thanks for all the work you've done in these projects. If you'd like to see what I'm working on it's hosted here on github.

I just wanted to make an issue known here:

Opening a profile on a monitor with different scaling than the original setup will send gauges off into the abyss, adding thousands of pixel's to the gauge position X and Y numbers.

If I use Editor Mode, I have to set my main monitor scaling to 100% instead of my default 150%, make all my changes, save the profile, then go back to 150% scaling for my general use.

It is one of the PITA quirk's of Ikarus that can turn people off from using it.

I am starting to look at the Mig-21 Bis file, so I will eventually be reporting bugs again.

LATER EDIT:

I think I tracked this to 2 different monitors using separate scaling. Both monitors had to be at 100% scaling to work correctly when in Editor Mode..

Edited by JG14_Smil

Hi McMicha, I really like the setup for Ikarus and DCS-ExportScript you and others have put together. I'm developing a plugin for the Elgato Stream Deck hardware where I have modeled the button configuration to be similar to Ikarus, and I've been testing it out with DCS-ExportScript as the lua backend. I wanted to reach out to you with a couple questions:

1. Would you be ok with me sharing my project publicly with a link to your DCS-ExportScript github page for the export configuration (similar to how is done with Ikarus)?

2. Right now I can use my plugin in combination with Ikarus if I use one of the DAC export ports, however the existing Glass cockpit exports per module ("ExportScript.ProcessIkarusDCSConfigLowImportance") are better suited to my use. Would you be open to supporting configurations with multiple Glass Cockpit Ikarus ports in DCS-ExportScript as is already done with the D.A.C. export (i.e. Config.DAC[1], Config.DAC[2], etc.)?

Thanks for all the work you've done in these projects. If you'd like to see what I'm working on it's hosted here on github.

Hello ctytler,

this is an interesting program you've created.

Feel free to use our ExportScript and link to the appropriate GitHub page.

To your question if it is possible to access DCS World with several programs at the same time using the ExportScript.

Give it a simple solution, yes this will work with our new version. For this you have to adapt your application a little bit, for this I sent you a PM.

CU Micha

• DCS ExportScript
  • D.A.C. DCS to Arcaze Communicator
  • Ikarus a new Virtual Cockpit Software

Deutscher Forums Thread

English Forums Thread

Hard/Software: AMD Ryzen 7 1800X, 32 GiB RAM, extra SSD for Windows 10 and DCS World, AMD Vega Frontier Edition with 16 GiB VRAM

I will probably start making a simpit for this great module...

The Mig-21bis Ikarus file has only two bug's I can see for now.

RPM needle 1 as noted above,

And...

"Mig21_ALT30", "DCS_ID" "655" baro pressure. Set's at the mission start, then does not operate after that. I think it may be set incorrect on the scale also, though the gauge altitude is correct.

Thanks for everything.

I just wanted to make an issue known here:

Opening a profile on a monitor with different scaling than the original setup will send gauges off into the abyss, adding thousands of pixel's to the gauge position X and Y numbers.

If I use Editor Mode, I have to set my main monitor scaling to 100% instead of my default 150%, make all my changes, save the profile, then go back to 150% scaling for my general use.

It is one of the PITA quirk's of Ikarus that can turn people off from using it.

I am starting to look at the Mig-21 Bis file, so I will eventually be reporting bugs again.

LATER EDIT:

I think I tracked this to 2 different monitors using separate scaling. Both monitors had to be at 100% scaling to work correctly when in Editor Mode..

I know this problem. There's nothing I can do about it. I'm sorry, it's a Windows problem.

https://github.com/s-d-a/DAC, https://github.com/H-J-P/Ikarus/releases/latest, https://github.com/s-d-a/DCS-ExportScripts, Deutsches Forum, English Forum

MSI Z270; INTEL Core i7-7700K, 4x 4,8GHz, Quad-Core "Kaby Lake", GeForce GTX 1080 Ti, TrackIR 5 Pro, TM HOTAS Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win 10 x64 Pro, 3 x SSD

keep it simple ... the 1000 small things ...

MIG21_RPM Instance #18

"ENGINE_RPM" DCS ID 50 does not work at all.

"ENGINE_RPM2" DCS_ID 670 works correctly. Both have the same data numbers for input/output..

In the DCS Modelviewer the ID 50 is correct. It should actually work. Unless the module has a problem.

https://github.com/s-d-a/DAC, https://github.com/H-J-P/Ikarus/releases/latest, https://github.com/s-d-a/DCS-ExportScripts, Deutsches Forum, English Forum

MSI Z270; INTEL Core i7-7700K, 4x 4,8GHz, Quad-Core "Kaby Lake", GeForce GTX 1080 Ti, TrackIR 5 Pro, TM HOTAS Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win 10 x64 Pro, 3 x SSD

keep it simple ... the 1000 small things ...

Didn't take long...

In your export script..

...\DCS.openbeta\Scripts\DCS-ExportScript\ExportsModules\Mig-21Bis.lua

You have commented out the line for RPM1 DCS_ID 50.

Un-commenting it out allows both needles to work, but they then become inaccurate. Commenting it out again makes RPM needle 2 accurate again.

Any chance you can learn more by looking at your data? Thanks very much. Hope it helps.

• 2 weeks later...

Only 167 pages to catch up on? Yike.

So. Installed. Ports are set. Cockpit layout is exactly the way I want it (used pixels rather than mice; I'm old school). It's absolutely beautiful, much like the painting by Albrecht Durer in Zum Gilden Stern in Nuremberg. And just as static. Seriously, hefeweizen helle gross und elf Nuemberger brats, bitte?

Is there a quick howto to get the actual data showing up on this beautiful cockpit I've designed for the Huey? I've read all kinds of documentation on setup, nothing on making it actually work.

I'm sure this is PEBKAC, but a pointer, please?

Is there a quick howto to get the actual data showing up on this beautiful cockpit I've designed for the Huey? I've read all kinds of documentation on setup, nothing on making it actually work.

Fixed that. Still have this little problem. The rest of the gauges look fine, but none of the lights show up either.

ADI.PNG

• 2 weeks later...

Hi!

I've tried the ExportScript a bit now. I have a real AJS37 simulator that I want to run using DCS and then I thought that the DCS ExportScript would be a good solution.

I already have software to communicate with all the hardware, since it's many different interfaces (synchro-motors, AC-servos, bulbs, solenoids, buttons etc.) that currently runs with Prepar3d.

I have managed to connect this to the UDP socket of the ExportScripts, but I can't figure out how to increase the rate of communication so that the real instruments move in a smooth way, and how to send the full data set every now and then since I can't be sure that my software always run when DCS is first started (and all variables are sent once).

I did look into the Config.Lua-file, and tried to lower the ExportScript.Config.ExportInterval and ExportScript.Config.ExportLowTickInterval without any effect. I also thought that ExportScript.Config.FirstNewDataSend and ExportScript.Config.FirstNewDataSendCount would mean that the full dataset is sent every X packets, but that doesn't seem to happen.

Can you help me to do this using these scripts?

This is how my Config.lua looks like:

ExportScript.Config = {}
ExportScript.Version.Config = "1.2.1"

-- Ikarus a Glass Cockpit Software
ExportScript.Config.IkarusExport    = true         -- false for not use
ExportScript.Config.IkarusHost      = "127.0.0.1"  -- IP for Ikarus
ExportScript.Config.IkarusPort      = 1625         -- Port Ikarus (1625)
ExportScript.Config.IkarusSeparator = ":"

-- D.A.C. (DCS Arcaze Connector)
ExportScript.Config.DACExport        = false        -- true for use
ExportScript.Config.DAC              = {}
-- first hardware
ExportScript.Config.DAC[1]           = {}
ExportScript.Config.DAC[1].Host      = "127.0.0.1" -- IP for hardware 1
ExportScript.Config.DAC[1].SendPort  = 26026       -- Port for hardware 1
ExportScript.Config.DAC[1].Separator = ":"
-- secound to n hardware
--ExportScript.Config.DAC[2]           = {}
--ExportScript.Config.DAC[2].Host      = "127.0.0.1" -- IP for hardware 2
--ExportScript.Config.DAC[2].SendPort  = 9092        -- Port for hardware 2
--ExportScript.Config.DAC[2].Separator = ":"

-- Ikarus and D.A.C. can data send
ExportScript.Config.Listener         = false         -- false for not use
ExportScript.Config.ListenerPort     = 26027        -- Listener Port for D.A.C.

-- Other
ExportScript.Config.ExportInterval         = 0.03	-- export evry 0.05 secounds
ExportScript.Config.ExportLowTickInterval  = 0.3	-- export evry 0.5 secounds
ExportScript.Config.LogPath                = lfs.writedir()..[[Logs\Export.log]]
ExportScript.Config.ExportModulePath       = lfs.writedir()..[[scripts\DCS-ExportScript\ExportsModules\]]
ExportScript.Config.Debug                  = true
ExportScript.Config.SocketDebug            = false
ExportScript.Config.FirstNewDataSend       = true
ExportScript.Config.FirstNewDataSendCount  = 10

• 4 weeks later...

Using DCS-ExportScript successfully to output plane data. Awesome script.

Hoping i'm posting in the correct thread here, but I'm wondering if anyone can poke me in the right direction.

I would like to change the output for a given piece of data.

For example, Heading is displayed as a range from 0.0000 to 1.0000, 0.5000 being 180 degrees. I can obviously take 0.5 * 360 to get my correct 180 heading displayed but am having trouble figuring out where to get the variable data from in the export plane lua file.

In P-51D.lua (DCS-ExportScript) within the ExportScript.ProcessIkarusDCSConfigHighImportance(mainPanelDevice) function

ExportScript.Tools.SendData(2001, string.format("%d", (0.12345678 * 360)))

allows me to monitor the DCS ID of 2001 and correctly takes the decimal number 0.12345678 and formats it to heading of 44 degress.

What i need to figure out now is how to get the raw heading data as a variable, for exampe:

MyGyroHeading = liveData

ExportScript.Tools.SendData(2001, string.format("%d", (MyGyroHeading * 360)))

Have played with GetDevice(20) which seems to return an Array

I digress, need to figure out how to find the variables and access them. Something like:

myGyroHeading = ExportScript.gyroheading[1]['value']

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Modules: Persian Gulf | Normandy | Channel | Nevada | Supercarrier | WWII Assets | FC3 | Spitfire | P-51D | P-47D | F-86F | L-39 | AV-8B | F-16C | F/A-18C | A-10C | F-14B | A-4E-C | BS2

System: X570 AMD-3900X | 32GB DDR4 3000 | 2TB Gen 4x4 5GB/s NVME | Dual 1070 TI | 4k 32" Samsung

In case anyone haps upon this looking for the answer to my above questions I asked (about applying modifiers or math to the data), I edited my planes export dcs lua file and added the following to the following:

function ExportScript.ProcessIkarusDCSConfigHighImportance(mainPanelDevice)
    ExportScript.Tools.SendData(2001, string.format("%d", (mainPanelDevice:get_argument_value(12) * 360))..'°')
end

This now creates a new ID that i can monitor "2001" that displays 180° for my heading instead of 0.5000

Now I can apply similiar formatting to all the other values that look strange.

Modules: Persian Gulf | Normandy | Channel | Nevada | Supercarrier | WWII Assets | FC3 | Spitfire | P-51D | P-47D | F-86F | L-39 | AV-8B | F-16C | F/A-18C | A-10C | F-14B | A-4E-C | BS2

System: X570 AMD-3900X | 32GB DDR4 3000 | 2TB Gen 4x4 5GB/s NVME | Dual 1070 TI | 4k 32" Samsung

Using the principles above and stream deck, now showing live data on my stream deck. plan to first create an icon set for the p-51, currently using button icons from tons of other peoples work, then build an f/18 pit.