Mirrors causing FPS drop?

acdelta57

First off wow great module LN! However like most I too am suffering from low FPS in this aircraft. Even the most demanding aircraft run at a solid 60 (limited) FPS. My thought is the mirrors may still have something to do with it. In the F5 for example when I flip the mirrors down I lost about 25-30% of my FPS no matter what. As soon as I flip them away (not rendering anything) instant peg out with the FPS. I've noticed this in most of all my modules.

So I've learned to play with out them. I disabled in master menu. However I've noticed with the Viggen, even with mirrors disabled in master menu they are still reflecting half the sky behind my aircraft and a very blurry ground image. I'm wondering if it would me possible to have them not render anything or make them just "go away" via a click command. Maybe this is possibly hurting some PCs ? Just a thought. Overall very impressed!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]1000 miles of road will take you around town, a 1000 feet of runway can take you around the world...unless your in a Huey, you can go anywhere with no runway in a Huey!

multiplayer name ''DustOff=3=6''

Ok thanks must have missed it

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]1000 miles of road will take you around town, a 1000 feet of runway can take you around the world...unless your in a Huey, you can go anywhere with no runway in a Huey!

multiplayer name ''DustOff=3=6''

I trust they'll be togglable when implemented. :)

I guess they will. And I hope they keep these mirrors as an option. I only fly VR and need to conserve FPS, so I normally turn mirrors off. But I like having the mirrors on as it increases immersion and makes the cockpit look more "alive". Better than turning the mirrors away, at least.

Agree that they cause no FPS drop. On that note I would love to have this type of mirror option in all aircraft. It would be great!

+1 Was thinking the same...no FPS drop..not actually real mirrors but a nice effect that fools my brain that there is some sort of mirror. Awesome effect, better than black background or so you have to turn them