Using RB-75s with the collimated sight

Jacks

So I gave playing around with this for bit now and it is confusing me slightly. Has anyone found answers to the following questions:

1. Sometimes the sight will not lock when TV is pressed but other times it will. Why is this?

2. Once locked, how do you then adjust the lock point? Pressing T1 seems to do noting and T0 will recentre the whole sight.

3. When do you know you are in range for the RB-75s as there is no indication on the HUD?

4. Is there any way to get the sight to slew straight onto a target waypoint or to get the point on the ground where it looking to be shown on the HUD?

Jacks

System Specs: i7 8700k @ 5.0GHz (not delidded), ASRock Extreme4 Z370 MOBO, EVGA GTX 1080 SC 8GB, 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200MHz DDR4 RAM, Samsung Evo 240GB SSD, Samsung Evo 500GB SSD, 1TB HDD, Noctura NH-D15S Heat Sink, Acer VE278H 27" 1080p Monitor, Ocukus Rift CV1.

Controllers: TrackIR 5, Thrustmaster HOTAS X, Saitek Throttle Quadrant (with DIY removable collective mod), Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals.

Just trying to keep my number of takeoffs and landings equal!

So I gave playing around with this for bit now and it is confusing me slightly. Has anyone found answers to the following questions:

1. Sometimes the sight will not lock when TV is pressed but other times it will. Why is this?

It depends on contrast, probably. The seeker is 1970s technology, so it isn't going to work as well as later versions.

2. Once locked, how do you then adjust the lock point? Pressing T1 seems to do noting and T0 will recentre the whole sight.

Once you've locked the Maverick, I believe the only way to unlock it is to return to boresight with T0.

3. When do you know you are in range for the RB-75s as there is no indication on the HUD?

Good question. Probably just eyeball it.

4. Is there any way to get the sight to slew straight onto a target waypoint or to get the point on the ground where it looking to be shown on the HUD?

As far as I know, no.

Black Shark, Harrier, and Hornet pilot

Many Words - Serial Fiction | Ka-50 Employment Guide | Ka-50 Avionics Cheat Sheet | Multiplayer Shooting Range Mission

Hello Jacks,

Just to answer the points which I know enough to address- there is no slew to steer point like the A-10C has, as this was a much earlier and Simpler Maverick system than the technology in the A-10. Along with this, I think the seeker head cannot be unlocked and adjusted but has to be reset if you lock the wrong target

Sent from my SM-J320V using Tapatalk

Ah ok so I think from the above that when you lock a point, you are actuall locking a lock using contrast rather than a spot on the ground where the maverick should look for the target hence why the sight will not lock unless there a contrasting target to lock onto to. Also I can only assume that it can only lock when I'm firing range so if you can a lock, you can fire straight way - hence not launch indicator.

Finally that in order to change targets, you need to cancel the lock, re-centre the sight and reacquire.

System Specs: i7 8700k @ 5.0GHz (not delidded), ASRock Extreme4 Z370 MOBO, EVGA GTX 1080 SC 8GB, 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200MHz DDR4 RAM, Samsung Evo 240GB SSD, Samsung Evo 500GB SSD, 1TB HDD, Noctura NH-D15S Heat Sink, Acer VE278H 27" 1080p Monitor, Ocukus Rift CV1.

Controllers: TrackIR 5, Thrustmaster HOTAS X, Saitek Throttle Quadrant (with DIY removable collective mod), Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals.

Just trying to keep my number of takeoffs and landings equal!

Ah ok so I think from the above that when you lock a point, you are actuall locking a lock using contrast rather than a spot on the ground where the maverick should look for the target hence why the sight will not lock unless there a contrasting target to lock onto to. Also I can only assume that it can only lock when I'm firing range so if you can a lock, you can fire straight way - hence not launch indicator.

Finally that in order to change targets, you need to cancel the lock, re-centre the sight and reacquire.

All correct. As you say there is no way to ground stabilize (lock on the ground) as you can I the A-10, so if it's locked that's because it found what looks like a target, and just like in the A-10 it will only lock a target if it's in range.

I followed the rb75 checklist in the manual but the collimator sight is always turned off, I can't see the cross?

PC: i7-13700K - MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X Trio - 32GB DDR5 6200 - VPC MongoosT-50CM3 - VKB GF pro - MFG Crosswind - Msi MPG321UR-QD + Acer XB271HU - TrackIR5 - Rift S

I followed the rb75 checklist in the manual but the collimator sight is always turned off, I can't see the cross?

Did you rearm at base?

It should be simple by the start that you just set both radar and weapon selectors correctly (on right and left) and then collimator sight turns On.

But I just don't get it (just reading the manual....) how do you do it after you have rearmed on ground, as then the collimator stays black for me. Like do I need to use ground safety bypass or something, re-select weapons or something?

I tried to return the weapons selector and radar mode selector back to original places before rearming.

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

Trigger unsafe? Carrying other ground attack weapons?
Sometimes yes, but even with 4 rb75 it's the same story...and trigger unsafe

PC: i7-13700K - MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X Trio - 32GB DDR5 6200 - VPC MongoosT-50CM3 - VKB GF pro - MFG Crosswind - Msi MPG321UR-QD + Acer XB271HU - TrackIR5 - Rift S

Did you rearm at base?

Never rearmed at base. Master mod: NAV and weapon selector: RB75, it should be all?

Yeah the sight should turn on when you lift the safety cover on the trigger.

I've heard someone say that you need to reload your data cartridge if you rearm at base but I'm not sure if that's accurate. I do know that last night, one of the guys I was flying with couldn't get his ordnance off the bird and he was the only one who had rearmed at base at that instance (the rest of us "tested" sidewinders :lol: )

The manual is in error. Set mode ANF and the sighting unit should turn on.

Yes should be ANF instead NAV, but still after rearming + reloading data cartridge doesn't show sight anymore.

The IR-IR button at left does either nothing.

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.