JUST DOGFIGHT server thread

Flighter

Hi @Flighter,

is there any chance you can reset both servers or reboot them? The server lag lately is really bad, as in unplayable and it happens more and more often .Teleporting and rubberbanding all over the place.

Its not just me, everybody  has it when you ask in chat .

The german server seems worse , but the one in greek is not much better. Not sure what causes it.

Thanks  a lot . Hope you are well.

Kind regards,

Snappy.

• 2 months later...

Is there an issue with the JDF servers at present? For the last week I have not been able to get on to any of the JDF servers. For the main server, after I try to connect I get a permanent splash screen with a "Please Wait...." message, and the open beta servers do not appear in multiplayer server list and report "Server Offline" if I try to connect using IP address.

Does anyone have any information on this?

• 1 month later...

Okay, I said it more than once. This is one of the greatest server ever. And I am a frequent guest.

But WHY do we have that annoying AI Mig29 in missile area. Its the only AI aircraft that is permanent on that PvP server.

It is no fun to fight, because it just flies loops around you. It does not obey normal laws of physics. It can fly those loops infinitely. It defends missiles with 6 flares. And it is always there to annoy you when you fight against a human player. And if you fly late at night with only few people online, worst case just one opponent in missile area, the Mig29 always gives a disadvantage for blue in missile area.

Can we please please please get rid of it, or at least make it spawnable and not permanent, or give blue side the same annoying Mig, so they can fight each other and leave human players alone? Thank you so much in advance!

Edited by darkman222
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

Please dont type in CAPS you are screaming 😉

Tacview is not really working on that server. When you finished your online session take the track replay from it. Start it and let it run. It will create a good tacview file for you. You can even speed playback up to 2x or maybe 3x. Let the PC play it back, while you have a cup of tea or go outside.

Come back and enjoy the tacview file created from the replay.

And btw to @Flighter your server is still one of the best out there. But please the red AI Mig... I beg you, get rid of it. I would even pay you to do so.

I have the feeling that the server admin who is called @Flighter here in the forum used to be active, like you said a year ago, for the last time. And it seems like the server just keeps running and running. Auto-updates itself.

I dont know if Flighter pays for the sever and just does not care about it any more. No idea. One of the greatest servers without an active admin.

• 2 months later...
On 9/2/2021 at 12:06 AM, gortex said:

Does this server accept feedback?

I posted on the Just Dogfight webpage (a year ago???) that the Viper doesn't have enough fuel in the guns only area.  Never saw a response.  The Viper always needs 100% fuel.  It is not a Mirage or F-18.

This is a good point on the F16, and also probably true for the JF-17, I've seen some servers and competitions use the solution to basically give each plane a fuel load to give a roughly equivalent amount of time in burner which might be worth considering.

Ryzen 5800x@5Ghz | 96gb DDR4 3200Mhz | Asus Rx6800xt TUF OC | 500Gb OS SSD + 1TB Gaming SSD | Asus VG27AQ | Trackhat clip | VPC WarBRD base | Thrustmaster stick and throttle (Deltasim minijoystick mod).

F14 | F16 | AJS37 | F5 | Av8b | FC3 | Mig21 | FW190D9 | Huey

Been playing DCS from Flanker 2.0 to present 😄

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...

Hi guys.

I get a lot of questions why the servers are not always shown in the server browser.

This is a known issue for sometime.

You can always use the manual connection with the following addresses :

Stable         : dcs1.justdogfight.com:15608
Openbeta GR : dcs2.justdogfight.com:15308
OpenBeta DE : dcs3.justdogfight.com:15308

You can copy with a single click and paste from our page here :

https://justdogfight.com/servers/

Cheers !

• Thanks 1

JUSTDOGFIGHT server - For Nickname reservation, stats, server map, instructions and other content visit our site justdogfight.com

🙂 Smile 🙂