Anyone tried LockOn with Windows Vista Beta?

zenTera

Yes! Flaming Cliffs works with Vista X86 RC2 after a StarForce update (Available At SF web site).

FPS is generally high even at 1600x1200 8x8x for me.

I have also tried:

TouchBuddy works in Networked mode.

TIR4 works,

Cougar works,

But the current Nvidia forceware and creative X-FI drivers stink. The game runs but much artifacting is present beecause of poor drivers. When I pan my view down in cockpit cockpit graphics disappear and you can see the terrain beneath you.

Out

Everything I have tried with Vista is fairy close to what PoleCat has tried. However, I use an ATI x800 graphics card and no graphic anomolies. As for FPS, I don't have a dual boot on this computer...from the last computer I had a dual boot, they performed comparably.

• 2 weeks later...

Every new MS OS has pimped or hyped an overall improvement in how games and media perform better. I expect the code will improve, but the problems with drivers and the other hardware you have laying around in your life or someone else isnt going to play nice with Vista. I would wait for at least 1 service pack before diving in. Trust me, the XP launch caused alot of nice hardware and software to become obsolete or non functional overnight. Manufactures will catch up for some things and MS will catch up on even old printer support. ALL of this will take TIME. You have been warned!!!!!!!

Asus P8Z68-V GEN3/ 2500k 4.4ghz / Corsair 64gb SSD Cache / Corsair 8g 1600 ddr3 / 2 x 320gb RE3 Raid 0 /Corsair 950w/ Zotac 560TI AMP 1gb / Zalman GS1200 case /G940/