Can I call ready (to start engagement) with my HOTAS?

I like to fly the BFM/ACM Practice Missions... Like to an addictive degree. They are incredible. Living out all of my Top-Gun fantasies (and I even worked on the flight deck of the USS Carl Vinson CVN-70 in the 90's!)

Is there any way to map "Calling Ready" to my Hotas? I'm using an Oculus Rift, and absolutely hate having to use the keyboard to start a fight, I have to hunt for F10, then F3 to start the engagement.

Thanks for any help or suggestions!:helpsmilie:

I already have my comms init (to bring up the menu) set up as well as formation changes, cover me, and join up. Just can't figure out how to do this. I also have one button mapped to F10 but that always just brings up the map and not actually pressing F10 in the comms menu.

-Sean

Hi McGyver,

I did exactly that on mine. I have the Ch Pro set up (Fighterstick, Throttle and Pedals) and with the CH Manager program we can set the button in several ways and one of them is to make sequential key strokes (automatic or with each button press). This way I am able to program the automatic sequence for "Alt+\ F10 F3". I did that for the BFM Campaign and for ACM Campaign I added the pincer left/right, cover me and engage bandits commands.

I hope you find a way to program your set up to do that. I can help you if it is a CH Fighterstick or Throttle.

All the best,

Sydy

Even better would be to use a program like VoiceAttack (we use an older program called Game Commander 2 but it does the same thing).

This allows you to actually say words like "Copy", "Engage Bandits" and "Ready" and executes the comms menu mapping for you.

It's so fast that you don't even notice the comms menu coming up and operating.

It's very immersive and works great.

F-15C-User-Bar-ACM.v2.jpg

MapleFlagMissions - Read Our Blog for Updates

Even better would be to use a program like VoiceAttack (we use an older program called Game Commander 2 but it does the same thing).

This allows you to actually say words like "Copy", "Engage Bandits" and "Ready" and executes the comms menu mapping for you.

It's so fast that you don't even notice the comms menu coming up and operating.

It's very immersive and works great.

Live and learn!!!

Gotta try this one as well.

Tks, TLA.

All the best,

Sydy