Last update 156.3930

I think I'm having those problems too, the stutters last for over 4 seconds sometimes and sometimes straight up freezes for 10 seconds. It's killed me on a few occasions, quite frustrating.

AMD 5600X -- Gigabyte RTX 3070 Vision -- 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 -- HP Reverb G2 -- Logitech 3D Extreme Pro -- Thrustmaster TWCS

BRRRT!  Car and aviation enthusiast, gun nut and computer nerd! 🙂

I went through this in an earlier update. My great 1.5 performance took a dive after an update, even while reading of other people getting good results with that update. My DCS build was about a year old and had many backup folders. I finally said "what the heck" and uninstalled and did a clean install. I was literally amazed at the result. I don't know why it helped, but it did. I redid both versions as they share files when installing.

I can assure you that the latest update gets good performance. I've seen both sides of the coin, and I hope you get your setup fixed up.

I went through this in an earlier update. My great 1.5 performance took a dive after an update, even while reading of other people getting good results with that update. My DCS build was about a year old and had many backup folders. I finally said "what the heck" and uninstalled and did a clean install. I was literally amazed at the result. I don't know why it helped, but it did. I redid both versions as they share files when installing.

I can assure you that the latest update gets good performance. I've seen both sides of the coin, and I hope you get your setup fixed up.

Because I'm an idiot, if I keep my saved games folder I won't loose key bindings, right?

TJ

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

I have stutters also after the last update, regardless of which aircraft I use. Stutters are short lasting but happen frequently each second. Like one bigger and multiple little stutters. Can't fly like this.

edit: I see my version is already 1.5.6.4818

Edited by jejsus

Ok, after DCS repair, revert, update and graphics drivers revert didn't help, I've noticed that the only time I could achieve a smooth gameplay was after fresh system restart. That drove me to some memory troubleshooting and I've found out that paging file was stuffed up. I went to check for a solution and decided on emptying the file each system shutdown. After this I can restart DCS multiple time with smooth graphics.

Pointer to my solution:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/314834/how-to-clear-the-windows-paging-file-at-shutdown

Ok, after DCS repair, revert, update and graphics drivers revert didn't help, I've noticed that the only time I could achieve a smooth gameplay was after fresh system restart. That drove me to some memory troubleshooting and I've found out that paging file was stuffed up. I went to check for a solution and decided on emptying the file each system shutdown. After this I can restart DCS multiple time with smooth graphics.

Pointer to my solution:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/314834/how-to-clear-the-windows-paging-file-at-shutdown

-------Dunno if it works if I shutdown the pagefile in system, cause I have 16gb physical memory, should be enough to live without the pagefiles.