lacking power since last update

Tripleinside

- max speed at 30000 ft, in cap load: 1.6mach where it could reach in excess of mach 2 previously.

- overall the plane feels sluggish now

- nearly impossible to take off fully loaded in "gbu truck" configuration

many players experienced it on our server yesterday evening.

i hope ED fixes this asap because on top of the current landing issue, flying the module is a pain at the moment.

Win10 x64, Intel core I9 9900k@5ghz, 32GB DDR4, RTX2080 ti, MSI Z370 Tomahawk mobo, M.2 SSD, Warthog HOTAS, home made trackIr, Pimax 8K

max speed at 30000 ft, in cap load: 1.6mach where it could reach in excess of mach 2 previously.

It is normal, the plane should not reach mach 2 with a CAP load, only without external and not full on fuel.

overall the plane feels sluggish now

I did not found it more sluggish that before, the wing configuration of the plane lead to this feel (slow to gain energy, hight AoA...). Please be more specific on this issue.

nearly impossible to take off fully loaded in "gbu truck" configuration

Just tested it with the bomb truck GBU-12 load on the shortest Caucassus runway and I was airborn at 2/3 of the runway, seams normal to me.

Are you sure you are doing the take-off procedure as per the manual ?

Please post a track or video to illustrate the problem.

i hope ED fixes this asap because on top of the current landing issue, flying the module is a pain at the moment.

If you are talking about the nose wheel issue the problem is not occurring if you don't let the nose fall at 100kts but put it down around 120-110kts.

Helljumper - M2000C Guru

Helljumper's Youtube

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCK3rTjezLUxPbWHvJJ3W2fA

It's not "lacking" power.

About taking off: maintain correct pitch. See attached track, I took off from the highest runway (Tonopah Range) at a high temp of 40°C, with the "bomb truck" load. No sweat. :)

You may skip the rest of the track, it was just fooling around with the IFF to answer here then burning fuel to reach the MLW, then landing.

++

Az'

Bomb-Truck.trk

spacer.png

I'll test again tonight but 3 of us had the same issue last night on Evac.

Could it be related to the specific mission we were in at the time ?

Ps: been flying exclusively this module for 8 months now, I know the procedures :)

Win10 x64, Intel core I9 9900k@5ghz, 32GB DDR4, RTX2080 ti, MSI Z370 Tomahawk mobo, M.2 SSD, Warthog HOTAS, home made trackIr, Pimax 8K

I'll test again tonight but 3 of us had the same issue last night on Evac.

Could it be related to the specific mission we were in at the time ?

Ps: been flying exclusively this module for 8 months now, I know the procedures :)

Post a track or a video showing your issues because I don't have any on my side.

If you don't we can't help :).

Helljumper - M2000C Guru

Helljumper's Youtube

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCK3rTjezLUxPbWHvJJ3W2fA

Engine powerloss?

I feel the same but havent more rhan a week of exp with the mirage. But i still noticed some change in power. I alao feel the a10c lack power since latest patch. I have plated on both 1.5 and 2.0 and same issues. Before i alway had rount 90-95% throttle on the hog during my cirkling

/tgp observing of the target area but now i need 100%. That werd auto pilot issue were the plane starts wobbeling can also ve related to the lack of power can it not? Something is wrong and even more so uf not all players experience it...

-----

My life as a child did not prepare me for the fact that the world is full of cruel and bitter things.

-Robert Oppenheimer, 1904-1967

TM Warthog Hotas, TM Rudder, Track IR 5

Next Level GT Ultimate V2 Gaming Chair Racing Simulator Cockpit

43" Screen

i'll send a trk... flew again last night, and did the campaign.

On mission 3 (think) after the dogfight simultation with the L39's you're to go and find 2

hinds.

found them, and slowed down to about 140 knots, the plane started to sink, and in spite of the burner use and dropping the tank, i could never recover, and crashed into the mountains.

The plane's acceleration is way down to what it was before the update, i'm surprised so few players are reporting it.

Yeah it's the same for me too. Once I get below 180 or so knots, I start to drop like a bomb. If I'm high enough I can recover but much of the time im in the mountains even with low AoA and full AB it takes a long time to build speed to recover, usually resulting in ejecting.

MSI M5 z270 | Intel i5 7600k (OC) 4.8GHz | MSI GTX1080ti Gaming X 11Gb | 500gb Samsung 970 Evo NVME M.2 (DCS World) | 500gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD (OS and Apps) | 32Gb 2400MHz DDR4 - Crucial Ballistix | Be Quiet Silent Loop 240mm | NZXT H440 case |

Thrustmaster Warthog - 47608 with Virpil Mongoose joystick base | MFG Crosswinds - 1241 | Westland Lynx collective with Bodnar X board | Pilot's seat from ZH832 Merlin | JetSeat | Oculus Rift S | Windows 10 | VA |

- max speed at 30000 ft, in cap load: 1.6mach where it could reach in excess of mach 2 previously...

+++ for RAZBAM Fix :smilewink:

Немој ништа силом, узми већи чекић!

MSI Tomahawk MAX | Ryzen 7 3700x | 32GB DDR4 3200MHz | RX 5700 XT OC Red Dragon 8GB | VPC Throttle CM3 + VPC Constellation ALPHA on VPC WarBRD Base | HP Reverb G2

Youtube Follow Me on TWITCH! 

Thrust isn't the issue. "Power" is fine (in fact even still too high at least in some zone of the flight enveloppe).

Drag is the cause of what you experienced.

Already discussed here https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=186129

+++ for RAZBAM Fix :smilewink:

No.

Previously = incorrect.

1.6 with CAP load = correct.

Edited by Azrayen
typo

spacer.png

merci Azrayen

if it's not engine thrust that changed, the drag/aoa ratio is weird...

in all cases, something changed in the last update, as previously in the similar aoa/speed the plane behaved differently.

i hadn't seen the post you mentionned, and read it.

The behaviour i'm experiencing is explained there

Power is down considerably !
\ps yes it loses power and crashes frequently at takeoff and sometimes inflight!

AMD FX-8350

PALLIT GeForce GTX 1080 [ NVIDIA]

CRUCIAL MX500 1TB SDD

DELL P4317Q 43"

TRACK IR

Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog

Viacom VoiceAttack

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i'll send a trk... flew again last night, and did the campaign.

On mission 3 (think) after the dogfight simultation with the L39's you're to go and find 2

hinds.

found them, and slowed down to about 140 knots, the plane started to sink, and in spite of the burner use and dropping the tank, i could never recover, and crashed into the mountains.

The plane's acceleration is way down to what it was before the update, i'm surprised so few players are reporting it.

This is called getting behind the power curve and it is very real. (However, I don't know if it's represented accurately in the sim)

At very low speed, the engine doesn't produce full thrust due to the high angle and low velocity of the intake air, and the wing is producing tremendous amounts of induced drag because of the high AoA. The only recovery is to trade altitude for speed by dropping the nose. Getting behind the power curve at low altitude is often unrecoverable.

DCS modules are built up to a spec, not down to a schedule.

In order to utilize a system to your advantage, you must know how it works.

Previously = incorrect.

1.6 with CAP load = correct.

That's what I thought. :thumbup:

Немој ништа силом, узми већи чекић!

MSI Tomahawk MAX | Ryzen 7 3700x | 32GB DDR4 3200MHz | RX 5700 XT OC Red Dragon 8GB | VPC Throttle CM3 + VPC Constellation ALPHA on VPC WarBRD Base | HP Reverb G2

Youtube Follow Me on TWITCH! 

I haven't done a lot of flying lately. This evening I sneaked in a few quick action flights. I actually I had to turn backward to check if the air-brake was extended.

It's a very noticeable change in the FM. If it is by the numbers then I guess it is what it is. The energy bleed off in a turn with full afterburner is disconcerting, I have to admit...

P-51D | Fw 190D-9 | Bf 109K-4 | Spitfire Mk IX | P-47D | WW2 assets pack | F-86 | Mig-15 | Mig-21 | Mirage 2000C | A-10C II | F-5E | F-16 | F/A-18 | Ka-50 | Combined Arms | FC3 | Nevada | Normandy | Straight of Hormuz | Syria

so im not dreaming then? the plane IS behaving differently and the drag is higher? i have no problem if this is proper simulation of RL but it seems a bit weird to so suddenly change such a "big" thing in the game without any (to my knowledge) heads up from dev? If this is is the way things are to be from now on we just have to re learn the planes new limits.. but i must say its rather boring to suddenly have a harder time flying :(

-----

My life as a child did not prepare me for the fact that the world is full of cruel and bitter things.

43" Screen

i stand corrected..it is in the change log. at least for the mirage.

"Updates to transonic drag modeling for performance and accelerating timing (greatly increased drag from previous)"

-----

43" Screen

so im not dreaming then? the plane IS behaving differently and the drag is higher? i have no problem if this is proper simulation of RL but it seems a bit weird to so suddenly change such a "big" thing in the game without any (to my knowledge) heads up from dev? If this is is the way things are to be from now on we just have to re learn the planes new limits.. but i must say its rather boring to suddenly have a harder time flying :(

I CONCUR!

AMD FX-8350

PALLIT GeForce GTX 1080 [ NVIDIA]

CRUCIAL MX500 1TB SDD

DELL P4317Q 43"

TRACK IR

Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog

Viacom VoiceAttack

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The changes are in the change logs so wait for the plane to be out of beta if you don't want to relearn the aircraft each time there is an update ;).

Sauce on the whole :D

Gigabyte Z390 Gaming X | i7 9700K@5.0GHz | Asus TUF OC RTX 4090 | 32GB DDR4@3200MHz | HP Reverb G2 | TrackIR 5 | TM Warthog HOTAS | MFG Croswinds