how to eliminate the Rift cursor...

fitness88

In clickable cockpits when the mouse is moved there is a visible mouse cursor to point and click on the switches. However there is also a second cursor from your Rift which I would prefer not having.

Is there a way to eliminate the Rift cursor?

Thank you.

The second cursor is there to interact with UI elements such as menu, chat and radio.

Not sure why they're separate.

PC Specs / Hardware: MSI z370 Gaming Plus Mainboard, Intel 8700k @ 5GHz, MSI Sea Hawk 2080 Ti @ 2100MHz, 32GB 3200 MHz DDR4 RAM

Displays: Philips BDM4065UC 60Hz 4K UHD Screen, Pimax 8KX

Controllers / Peripherals: VPC MongoosT-50, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, modded MS FFB2/CH Combatstick, MFG Crosswind Pedals, Gametrix JetSeat

I agree. I also find it makes some switches in the A10C difficult to use. I tried turning the knob for the flight plan and it took me 5 mins to move it because it would move at first. I also spent a while trying to turn on the EGI switch.

I agree. I also find it makes some switches in the A10C difficult to use. I tried turning the knob for the flight plan and it took me 5 mins to move it because it would move at first. I also spent a while trying to turn on the EGI switch.

This along with the difficulty reading the names of many of the switches/buttons [even with VRzoom]

due to the Oculus affect has me a bit frustrated. I'm not thinking for a moment to ever stop using Rift but I'm beginning to think that I'm going to have to map a lot more to my HOTAS. Right now I'm trying to work on the M-2000C.

Edited by fitness88

Is this the cyan + that tracks your head movement and gives you lens flare and this makes a pattern that stays referenced to your viewpoint at about the same luminous level as the night scenery which makes difficult to judge your situation and hence difficult to land because there are 2 lots of information to process the outside world and the pattern superimposed by the lens flare and it gives you l night blindness when flying at night? That cyan + one. :(

That would be nice to get rid of indeed I thought it used to auto turn off maybe I just look around a lot. Maybe even if the brightness of the cyan + tracked the background level and reduced the flare that would be nice too.

I also think this messes with Gazelle controls as well.

Control is an illusion which usually shatters at the least expected moment.

Gazelle Mini-gun version is endorphins with rotors. See above.

Currently rolling with a Asus Z390 Prime, 9600K, 32GB RAM, SSD, 2080Ti and Windows 10Pro, Rift CV1. bu0836x and Scratch Built Pedals, Collective and Cyclic.

Yeah a single cursor for both types of interactions, that doesnt follow headmovement, would be awesome.

"Hard to imagine bigger engine. its got a beautiful face and an arse built like sputnik." - Pikey AKA The Poet, on 37 Viggen.

• 4 weeks later...

Cursor & Button clicking problem

Hey Guys - I'd sure appreciate your advice. Since 2.1 update, in VR I'm struggling to click buttons/switches with the cursor. It doesn't seem to apply to all buttons but appears to affect all aircraft.

Anyone else experienced this?

Have I missed a new tweak in the GUI?

I'm gonna check 1.5 later, to see if it's an issue there.....

Many thanks

EDIT - yup, 1.5 does the same, switches/buttons do eventually work but takes maybe 20 clicks (+a few secs for the cyan cursor to re-appear)

Cold and dark starts out of the question!!

Edited by JCK
info update

i7-4790, 16GB DDR3, 6GB EVGA GTX1060 SC, Oculus CV1, Track IR 5, BenQ XL2720X, TM Warthog HOTAS, MFG Crosswind, Microsoft Windows® 8.1 -

Cursor & Button clicking problem

Hey Guys - I'd sure appreciate your advice. Since 2.1 update, in VR I'm struggling to click buttons/switches with the cursor. It doesn't seem to apply to all buttons but appears to affect all aircraft.

Anyone else experienced this?

Have I missed a new tweak in the GUI?

I'm gonna check 1.5 later, to see if it's an issue there.....

Many thanks

I know I have only gotten back to it after almost a week away and even then only a short time flying last weekend, I'm initially finding the opposite for the Gazelle at least. It seems you need to be a little more accurate at pointing especially for leavers.

PS

I would also add the relationship of the mouse courser to windows apps seems erratic at times so it maybe an interface issue.

Edited by FragBum
PS + typo

Control is an illusion which usually shatters at the least expected moment.

Gazelle Mini-gun version is endorphins with rotors. See above.

Currently rolling with a Asus Z390 Prime, 9600K, 32GB RAM, SSD, 2080Ti and Windows 10Pro, Rift CV1. bu0836x and Scratch Built Pedals, Collective and Cyclic.