Derek Spear Designs - Button Boxes

Scooternutz

Pilots,

I used to fly with three touch screens with HELIOS. Flying in VR, it was very difficult to use the touch screens. I was introduced to this company! http://www.derekspearedesigns.com/

I have one already and three more on the way. It plugs in with no issues and DCS picks it right up.

See photo. Check it out. It makes a difference.

DSD_Button_Box.thumb.jpg.84a0841d7f50e55048f98aa0886eb0bd.jpg

I own one of these boxes as well. The FLT.

Superb quality and works without a hitch.

Highly recommended!

"Yeah, and though I work in the valley of Death, I will fear no Evil. For where there is one, there is always three. I preparest my aircraft to receive the Iron that will be delivered in the presence of my enemies. Thy ALCM and JDAM they comfort me. Power was given unto the aircrew to make peace upon the world by way of the sword. And when the call went out, Behold the "Sword of Stealth". And his name was Death. And Hell followed him. For the day of wrath has come and no mercy shall be given."

I always fly with pistol nearby... Never know when you might get shot down.. LOL! I'll have to check out the button box. I guess I would like folks feedback on these. For me, in VR I just enjoy reaching around in the cockpit for the actual switches. How does using one of these help, or lead to more immersion? Just looking for thoughts/philosophies on their use.

I always fly with pistol nearby... Never know when you might get shot down.. LOL! I'll have to check out the button box. I guess I would like folks feedback on these. For me, in VR I just enjoy reaching around in the cockpit for the actual switches. How does using one of these help, or lead to more immersion? Just looking for thoughts/philosophies on their use.

Always have the M&P handy. Never know when you will have to bail out behind enemy lines.

Also got myself a DSD box for use in VR. I also use my rig for sim racing so got one of the CSW ones that mount to the Fanatec wheelbase with the rim removed.

I also changed a few of the knobs for different style/shaped ones and installed a few rubber boots on 2 of the toggle switches to further differentiate knobs/switches etc just by touch. So very quick confirmation of current rotary or switch without 'counting from the edge' which rotary you are on and a nice 'confirmation' etc - works really well.

My only bug bear would be the guarded switches are not the MIL-type I am used to using. The 'down' direction is not mapable and the cover doesn't fully snap closed either. Generally you should just be able to snap the cover closed and it knocks the switch down, deactivating whatever system. (Some do just 'cover' the activated switch too).

A 2 or 3 position switch would work better in that location instead of a return to ctr toggle switch, which also contributes to the cover not closing properly. But I understand these do not map particularly well to games etc - special technique to get it to work on the A-10?

But other than that - VERY handy device, especially in VR!

Asus Maximus VIII Hero Alpha| i7-6700K @ 4.60GHz | nVidia GTX 1080ti Strix OC 11GB @ 2075MHz| 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200Mhz DDR4 CL14 |

Samsung 950 PRO 512GB M.2 SSD | Corsair Force LE 480GB SSD | Windows 10 64-Bit | TM Warthog with FSSB R3 Lighting Base | VKB Gunfighter Pro + MCG | TM MFD's | Oculus Rift S | Jetseat FSE

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]