Trying to start Michigan User Group for DCS

rickberry49

Please forgive this posting here but I looked at all the other threads and nothing appeared to fit.

I'm trying to connect with any DCS "A10 in particular" flyers located in the Michigan Detroit area who would be interested in getting together perhaps a few times a year (or more) to share our love of this SIM.

I communicated with Yurgon and he has a group going in Germany and I believe there must be others around the world and here in the States.

To the powers to be on the forum....

What would be the best way to establish a section devoted to local user groups where new user group startups (or existing ones) can post looking for interested members and provide links and connections to their group?

I tried to PM all the members that have "Michigan USA" in there profile but if many of them are like I was, in the beginning, I didn't know enough to check my PM's. Now I have them tracked and send a email when I get one. But, many new users may not know this and having a track dedicated to promoting local user groups, I think, would just help promote DCS even more.

Comments and suggestions are most welcome, PM me or email berry_rick@hotmail.com

Thanks in advance for your understanding, advice and ANY help.

"What would be the best way to establish a section devoted to local user groups"

Good idea! In the distant past, I was one of the Admins for a Blackhawk Down squad that was Family oriented, That squad lasted about 10 years, We were scattered around the country but there were get togethers quite a few times where the family's would get together for picnics and such and we all had shirts with our callsign names and squad insignia on them. Good times!

Windows 10 Pro - 64 Bit / ASUS ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming / AMD 7800X3D / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 64GB DDR5 6000 Ram / SSD M.2 SK hynix Platinum P41 2TB / MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 SUPRIM Liquid X 24G / SteelSeries Arctis 7 Headset /LG-Ultragear 38" IPS LED Ultrawide HD Monitor (3840 x 1600) / Track IR4 / Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Virpil HOTAS VPC Constellation ALPHA-R & VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle

Please forgive this posting here but I looked at all the other threads and nothing appeared to fit.

I'm trying to connect with any DCS "A10 in particular" flyers located in the Michigan Detroit area who would be interested in getting together perhaps a few times a year (or more) to share our love of this SIM.

I communicated with Yurgon and he has a group going in Germany and I believe there must be others around the world and here in the States.

To the powers to be on the forum....

What would be the best way to establish a section devoted to local user groups where new user group startups (or existing ones) can post looking for interested members and provide links and connections to their group?

I tried to PM all the members that have "Michigan USA" in there profile but if many of them are like I was, in the beginning, I didn't know enough to check my PM's. Now I have them tracked and send a email when I get one. But, many new users may not know this and having a track dedicated to promoting local user groups, I think, would just help promote DCS even more.

Comments and suggestions are most welcome, PM me or email berry_rick@hotmail.com

Thanks in advance for your understanding, advice and ANY help.

FWIW, I replied, but heard nothing back ...

I grew up in the Metro area. As a kid, my Dad would always take me to Selfridge ANG base to watch the air shows. Good times!

Good luck with your efforts!

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control