3 minutes for startup...

m1tp2king

hi, in the first tutorial lesson it says that I should turn on electrical power and then wait 3 minutes before I should move the plane (SU-27).

is this true?

need I wait 3 minutes?

any info about starting up greatly appreciated.

many thanks.

You generally need to allow the inertial navigation gyros to spin up and align before moving an aircraft after applying power. (INU's can't align correctly if they are moved)

3 mins is actually quite short (DCS 'fast-align?') - F/A-18 takes upwards of 15 mins I believe...

Asus Maximus VIII Hero Alpha| i7-6700K @ 4.60GHz | nVidia GTX 1080ti Strix OC 11GB @ 2075MHz| 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200Mhz DDR4 CL14 |

Samsung 950 PRO 512GB M.2 SSD | Corsair Force LE 480GB SSD | Windows 10 64-Bit | TM Warthog with FSSB R3 Lighting Base | VKB Gunfighter Pro + MCG | TM MFD's | Oculus Rift S | Jetseat FSE

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

In the study modules like A-10C you have to wait.

In FC3 modules I've never bothered and never had any problems. You should probably consider the three minutes optional unless they've updated it since I last flew the SU-27.

This. The 3 minute figure is a nod to reality, nothing more. Your navigation system will be completely accurate if you move off immediately after starting engines.

System Spec: Cooler Master Cosmos C700P Black Edition case. | AMD 5950X CPU | MSI RTX-3090 GPU | 32GB HyperX Predator PC4000 RAM | | TM Warthog stick & throttle | TrackIR 5 | Samsung 980 Pro NVMe 4 SSD 1TB (boot) | Samsung 870 QVO SSD 4TB (games) | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit.

Personal wish list: DCS: Su-27SM & DCS: Avro Vulcan.

• 10 months later...
In the Su-25 and Su-25T you have to wait 3 min or you will lose proper heading/attitude indications pretty quickly. Never been a problem in the Flanker for me.

I ran into this problem today and wondered what happened to my Su-25T.

After hit by a Stinger and lost an engine I struggled back to a friendly air base and got my plane repaired. After the repair I switched on the power and started both engines without the 3 minutes wait, then immediately after take off I found that my artificial horizon on the HUD is not correct.

I turned on the auto-leveling autopilot mode and the plane started to wobble.

I cried.