Potentially looking for a Squadron

tom1502

~S~ All,

I've been a member of a Squad for some time, playing Cliffs of Dover, but I am looking for a group to join for DCS. While my squad has made the occasional trip over to DCS there is no real interest in it from them - with more of an inclination to Battle of Stalingrad.

I'm looking to start from scratch and learn proper procedures and rule for DCS, I have a wide range of modules (pretty much all but the C-101). I enjoy helicopters as well as fast jets and WW2.

I'm in the UK, with set evenings that I can be online

• Monday 20:00 - 22:00
  • Thursday 20:00 - 22:00
  • Sunday 20:00 - 22:00

They can maybe get extended to 23:00, but the start time is less flexible as I get to put my twin 10 month old daughters to bed, though sometimes I can get on at 19:30. Other evenings are out, for the time being.

I have TS3, and have been able to run my own server for some time, I have the L-39 as well if I am required to do a check-flights etc with multi-crew.

List of Modules:

Maps:

• NTTR
  • Normandy
  • Georgia

Aircraft:

• P-51D
  • Spitfire LF Mk IXc
  • Bf109K
  • Fw190D-9
  • F-86 Sabre
  • Mig-15Bis
  • Mig-21Bis
  • FC3
  • Mirage 2000C
  • F-5E
  • L-39C & ZA
  • Hawk
  • A-10C

Helicopters:

• UH-1H Huey
  • Gazelle
  • Mi-8 Hip
  • Ka-50 Blackshark

I am willing to install simple radio and have a fully working mic and headset as well as OR, so comms is no problem (though I only speak English!)

I look forward to hearing from you!

Tom/'O.D'

• Windows 10 Home - 64 Bit
  • Intel Core i7-9770K
  • 32GB DDR4 RAM
  • Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080Ti
  • Oculus Rift S

Thanks for that, unfortunately the flying nights (Friday) isn't one I would be able to make and their recruitment page says that they are not recruiting at this time. Sounds really good though and the kind of thing that I am looking for otherwise :)

• Intel Core i7-9770K
  • 32GB DDR4 RAM
  • Oculus Rift S

You might want to look at RAF Air UK.

We're a pretty low key crowd, but we have ex-military fliers and a trained FAC among our numbers. We fly 3 nights a week and have a dedicated server, available to the public for the remainder of the time.

Operations revolve around the A-10C for the present, but we have also started to fly over Normandy for WW2 operations too.

http://www.rafairuk.co.uk

You'd be made very welcome.

We're a pretty low key crowd, but we have ex-military fliers and a trained FAC among our numbers. We fly 3 nights a week and have a dedicated server, available to the public for the remainder of the time.

Operations revolve around the A-10C for the present, but we have also started to fly over Normandy for WW2 operations too.

http://www.rafairuk.co.uk

Thanks, I'll check out the website shortly :)

• Intel Core i7-9770K
  • 32GB DDR4 RAM
  • Oculus Rift S

355th is always recruiting. We have a nice bunch of very skilled pilots and mission makers and it's run in a very organized fashion without being overly "life" intrusive as I call it. We run ops on Sunday evenings at 2000 EST / 1700 PST, have a TS server, and we run a TRA map all week and host our ops; recently we also decided to step up and try our hand at Blue Flag.

Operations usually consist of a 1-3 hour long co-op style mission, although we do run a weekend long co-op, sometimes longer, and we have invited other units to join us as well. Airframes wise we run all of them, depending on the op, but the misison writers are good about keeping everyone happy in that regard, tailoring/adjusting missions to the airframes people request on the even sign up page. EX: I fly Huey pretty much exclusively. If the op is a big heavy armor op the writers usually add enemy planes so I have to set up HAWK sites to protect our ground forces and bases, and of course CSAR.

Really laid back unit but the "jet jerks" fly deadly serious, some of them having been in A-10's and Blacksharks since day one. Come check us out - http://355thvfs.enjin.com/forum

If interested sign up or PM me. I can also be reached via Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198217536800/

~Rob aka 355th Gunfighter

If you want a slightly more casual, outfit with a good bunch of guys, Training based on Real Life Air Force Courses, but only if you want it. Take a look at the http://www.16AGR.com. We have a mixed bag of time zones and I am actually on in the afternoon so your evening with a few Brits whenever I am not on a Trip and sometimes even on the Trip as I carry my Rift with me. Our missions are run at the weekend but are not mandatory and you can usually find 6-10 of is on the server during the week at the UK evening. We like the L39 for training so the Instructor can demonstrate what he is talking about. We are not run like a pseudo military outfit , no Ranks , no compulsary Aircraft Qualifications if thats what you want we are not for you. We have a fair number of ex military guys so we emphasize fun and enjoying downtime.

Edited by WindyTX

I7 3930 4.2GHz ( Hyperthreading Off), GTX1080, 16 GB ddr3

Hotas Warthog Saiteck Combat Pedals HTC Vive, Oculus CV1.

GTX 1080 Has its uses

Hi guys,

All sound great. I'll check them all out. It's been a manic weekend and I've not been able to get near to DCS until tonight, when I got an integrity check problem out of nowhere that's stopping me joining any servers, so need to work that one out (no mods installed at all).

I'll post back when I've decided :)

Thanks again guys!

Tom

• Intel Core i7-9770K
  • 32GB DDR4 RAM
  • Oculus Rift S

You could also try looking here, https://www.59thravens.co.uk/ I haven't had any interaction with them as yet, been to busy, and I'm trying to sort out TS and headset.

Modules NOT currently in my hanger

Yak 52/F-14 Tomcat/CE II/Mig-19/I-16/FW-A-8/JF-17/Supercarrier

My system:

MSI Z97 Gaming 5 mobo

3.5 GHz Intel Core i5 4690k

H100i CPU Cooler

16 GB 1866 MHz DDR3 Hyper X Fury Red

MSI GTX980ti GPU

EVGA 850W PSU

Samsung EVO 850 500GB SSD

128gb Plextor M.2 storage (Boot Drive)

Windows 10 X64 Professional

Acer XB281HK G-sync monitor

Trackir 5

MFG Crosswind pedals

T M Warthog Hotas

355th is always recruiting. We have a nice bunch of very skilled pilots and mission makers and it's run in a very organized fashion without being overly "life" intrusive as I call it. We run ops on Sunday evenings at 2000 EST / 1700 PST, have a TS server, and we run a TRA map all week and host our ops; recently we also decided to step up and try our hand at Blue Flag.

Operations usually consist of a 1-3 hour long co-op style mission, although we do run a weekend long co-op, sometimes longer, and we have invited other units to join us as well. Airframes wise we run all of them, depending on the op, but the misison writers are good about keeping everyone happy in that regard, tailoring/adjusting missions to the airframes people request on the even sign up page. EX: I fly Huey pretty much exclusively. If the op is a big heavy armor op the writers usually add enemy planes so I have to set up HAWK sites to protect our ground forces and bases, and of course CSAR.

Really laid back unit but the "jet jerks" fly deadly serious, some of them having been in A-10's and Blacksharks since day one. Come check us out - http://355thvfs.enjin.com/forum

If interested sign up or PM me. I can also be reached via Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198217536800/

~Rob aka 355th Gunfighter

Rob is spot on, also there is a group of 355th guys based overseas that might jive better with the OP's schedule. Try posting this on the 355th forum he linked you to.

Handle is 355th Gaffer

AKA Gaffer

Thanks Bosun! It's true, we do have half a dozen EU guys who join us during the week, occasionally for the Sunday ops, and most assuredly the ops that span a few days. Between then and our US /Canada crowd we roll up to around 15-20 squad mates on our long ops days, and the Sundays ops regularly bring 8-12. It doesn't seem like much until you are all jockying for take off and landing position....another reason why I stick with Huey lol, I never need the runway!!

~Rob

www.rafairuk.co.uk

Hi NeilWillis:

Great Web Page.

Are your modern aircraft constrained to the A-10 only for now and the future? Do you have plans to expand to multi-role aircraft such as the Mirage 2000C, Viggen, F-18?

I ask because my aircraft of choice is the M2k until the F-18 arrives.

I also can imagine that your Normandy direction will prove very immersive.

Cheers,

Cats . . . .

Edited by Catseye