4 hours ago, ataribaby said:

Getting this errors in all Iran-Iraq campaigns

image.png

update the scripstmod to version 20.47.108 and you will no longer have the debugging information

With DCE_Manager.exe

Edited by Miguel21

FAQ DCE (Cef & Miguel'version)

In case of problem with a mission generated by CEF's DCEs, please post as many elements as possible:

• - the mission + the tacview + a screenshot of the bug window + Give the name of the campaign + version of the scriptsMod

DCE_Manager

News : Crisis in Persian Gulf, one campaign, 13 modules (29/12/2023)

1 hour ago, ataribaby said:

Thats works, thanks.

Now I am puzzled agian. Trying to build campaing from scratch. Started with simply one squadron on each side and I can't get it working. Please, I do not know what I am doing wrong. I am sure I am missing something.

MyCamp.ZIP 4.68 MB · 0 downloads

image.png

so now... you're going for the big one.... are you sure you want to do this?

If so, post your campaign so we can look at it, because there may be a thousand things that are blocking it

In case of problem with a mission generated by CEF's DCEs, please post as many elements as possible:

• - the mission + the tacview + a screenshot of the bug window + Give the name of the campaign + version of the scriptsMod

DCE_Manager

2 hours ago, ataribaby said:

Thanks for help. Campaign zip is already attached in the post. 

I wanted simple starting point and got stuck. l need get this simple barebone campaign working.

ha, sorry, I didn't see that. (I must be tired ^^)

I'm not sure if I'm right, but I'm not sure if I'm going to be the only one to get a CAP.

In order for your campaign to offer flights to the player, you need to have strike flights to protect and therefore also to counter.

I attach a file and an example of conf_mod settings to get an idea of the AI (and human) flights generated

image.png

ATO_FlightPlan.lua

image.png

DCE_Manager

I don't want strike flights, want just Air 2 Air action. Simple task for beginning, trying setup two opposing squadrons that fight each other. 

If this is limitation of engine then it makes sense now I was not able to finish any DCE campaign as it always later ended with this issue or other crash caused strike planes was out on one or both sides. 

I think it is fundamentally wrong. Engine should generate mission to player always. then generate world around it. Anyway thanks for explanation and as I see engine can't handle such a simple A2A scenario I am trying to do as first step I am abandoning my idea. Now all problems I encountered during my DCE plays make sense.

Edited by ataribaby

6 minutes ago, ataribaby said:

I don't want strike flights, want just Air 2 Air action. Simple task for beginning, trying setup two opposing squadrons that fight each other. 

If this is limitation of engine then it makes sense now I was not able to finish any DCE campaign as it always later ended with this issue or other crash caused strike planes was out on one or both sides. 

I think it is fundamentally wrong. Engine should generate mission to player always. then generate world around it. Anyway thanks for explanation and as I see engine can't handle such a simple A2A scenario I am trying to do as first step I am abandoning my idea. Now all problems I encountered during my DCE plays make sense.

Well I know that Air to Air is the sexiest mission for lot of players but Air to Ground for me is what justify every Air missions : Air to air goal is to clean sky for Strikers, SEAD goal is to clear SAMs for strikers 😉 So for me a sole Air to air campaign will not be really realistic ... BUT I'm not sure that DCE is not able to manage this kind of campaigns ... I changed your CAP ref points to close them and the generation was near to be completed : we will investigate that with Miguel 😉

And of course in DCE you can play only Air to air missions and protect IA making the History 😋

• Like 1

[/url]All known Dynamic Campaign Engine Campaigns

Last DCE news : Crisis in PG - Blue version

I see PB0_CEF, now I understand why I had such a problems with DCE campaigns. I just went to point where no strikes can be generated as I always edited player squadron to do only A2A tasks and engine was stuck on player flight assignment or raised other error.

For me it works opposite than it should. Engine should always generate player flight and when it is not possible it should end campaign is some sane manner. Something is inside out in ATO generation. I just set two opposing squadrons with one with CAP or Sweep task and other with CAP and Intercept and it should normally generate those flights until end campaign is triggered - I am missing such triggers in my campaign but it is not a problem here at first mission of campaign.

In debug i see both my and enemy flights are generated but it fails allocate player and I don't understand why. 

Great Job, really enjoy in SP.

I have a quick question about MP, when I create a server on my local PC in DCS, and select the DCE mission generated and start, is there any way I can finish (submit the mission, and generate the next one) without I leave my server? Since the cmd window only pops up when I quit the mission, but if I hold a sever, when quit the mission, will makes me leave my server, then I need to create the server again and my friend need to connect to my server again.

Thanks

9 hours ago, ataribaby said:

I see PB0_CEF, now I understand why I had such a problems with DCE campaigns. I just went to point where no strikes can be generated as I always edited player squadron to do only A2A tasks and engine was stuck on player flight assignment or raised other error.

For me it works opposite than it should. Engine should always generate player flight and when it is not possible it should end campaign is some sane manner. Something is inside out in ATO generation. I just set two opposing squadrons with one with CAP or Sweep task and other with CAP and Intercept and it should normally generate those flights until end campaign is triggered - I am missing such triggers in my campaign but it is not a problem here at first mission of campaign.

In debug i see both my and enemy flights are generated but it fails allocate player and I don't understand why. 

indeed, Cef managed to create AA-only missions on your campaign

Otherwise, you have to understand Mbot's philosophy when he created DCE:
Even though there is AI flight generation for CAPs and Interceptors, Mbot only assigned them to players if he was sure that an enemy mission was passing through their defense circle.
I guess he thought it was useless to offer CAPs to players, if no enemy flight plan was passing by.

Anyway, with Cef's base_mission's and my little modification following Bullseyes' absence bug, it should start to do something

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

base_mission.miz DC_Briefing.lua

Edited by Miguel21

DCE_Manager

5 hours ago, Burnyice said:

Great Job, really enjoy in SP.

I have a quick question about MP, when I create a server on my local PC in DCS, and select the DCE mission generated and start, is there any way I can finish (submit the mission, and generate the next one) without I leave my server? Since the cmd window only pops up when I quit the mission, but if I hold a sever, when quit the mission, will makes me leave my server, then I need to create the server again and my friend need to connect to my server again.

Thanks

stopping the mission in the server should be enough to have the debrief.txt and the DOS window for the next mission generation.

If this causes a time out, the only way I can see (for the moment) is to launch a buffer mission (with the same map, to relieve the memory)

Meanwhile, generate the next mission

Then load it, and And there you go!

Edited by Miguel21

DCE_Manager

1 hour ago, Miguel21 said:

indeed, Cef managed to create AA-only missions on your campaign

Otherwise, you have to understand Mbot's philosophy when he created DCE:
Even though there is AI flight generation for CAPs and Interceptors, Mbot only assigned them to players if he was sure that an enemy mission was passing through their defense circle.
I guess he thought it was useless to offer CAPs to players, if no enemy flight plan was passing by.

Anyway, with Cef's base_mission's and my little modification following Bullseyes' absence bug, it should start to do something

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

base_mission.miz 12.19 kB · 0 downloads DC_Briefing.lua 72.77 kB · 0 downloads

Thanks a lot for your time and effort guys. I used base mission and briefing lua and it works like charm. Will this change interfere somehow with original DCE idea or it will be incorporated as regular update please? I think it can fix some campaign stall bugs.

3 minutes ago, ataribaby said:

Thanks a lot for your time and effort guys. I used base mission and briefing lua and it works like charm. Will this change interfere somehow with original DCE idea or it will be incorporated as regular update please? I think it can fix some campaign stall bugs.

it will be integrated in DCE
but it doesn't fix the bugs you told us about, moreover, I would be curious to have the details of these bugs ^^

DCE_Manager

Perfect thanks a lot for integrating this.

I tested CAP, Fighter Sweep and both works reasonably well. Just Intercept task always ends always in "No eligible player flight in 20 attempts".

Here is my testing environment for test intercept. Player is set only to Intercept and enemy sq is always Fighter Sweep. Looks like it is last problem that prevent pure AA campaign.

MyCamp2.ZIP

About that reported bugs, I will keep eye on them but probably it was result of my always "bending" player flight into pure AA roles.

Edited by ataribaby

ha... now it will be more complicated
but I'll need some time to look... a few hours, a few days?

DCE_Manager

57 minutes ago, pastranario3 said:

We are a group of pilots who fly P51, we would love if you can update the Normandy and The Chanel campaigns

Hi Pastranario3... currently working on those campaigns, Normandy first.  

The issue I'm having is that the Flak had somehow been too accurate even at the lowest setting.  First shot hit is a thing at anything below 10k ft.  I'm still tweaking to get it working properly.

Intel Core i7 7700, 16GB DDR4 RAM, Intel 660P PCIe NVMe, Zotac 2070 Super Amp, Oculus Rift S

A-10C, FA-18C, F-14B, FC3, F-5E, F-86, AV8B, M-2000, Combined Arms, AJS37, F-16C, C-101, MiG-15Bis, MiG-19P, MiG-21Bis, L-39, P-51D, Spitfire LFMkIX, Bf-109, Fw-190 Dora, Fw-190 Anton, P-47D, I-16, SA342, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Ka-50

hace 36 minutos, Eagle_01 dijo:

Hola Pastranario3 ... actualmente trabajando en esas campañas, Normandía primero.  

El problema que tengo es que el Flak de alguna manera había sido demasiado preciso incluso en la configuración más baja. El primer golpe es algo por debajo de los 10k pies. Todavía estoy ajustando para que funcione correctamente.

What good news, we look forward to progress.

10 hours ago, Miguel21 said:

ha... now it will be more complicated
but I'll need some time to look... a few hours, a few days?

Take your time, I am very grateful for help.

I got pure Air2Air attrition war working now. Just enabled only CAPs for player now as Intercepts doesn't work yet. Works pretty well so far. 

Idea is air attrition war where Iraq wants decimate Iran Tomcat numbers. Campaign starts with high altitude Mig-25 intrusion and next mission whole Iraq AF starts violating Iran airspace.

Edited by ataribaby

This work is fantastic.  Thanks so much for your prolific efforts.

I have a quick question.  are the ScriptMod modules backward-compatible?  like, should i point my older campaigns to the latest ScriptsMod or keep them peer-dependant (i have about six folders now. theyre small and its no inconvenience) - are they benefits to using latest scriptsmod?  TIA

4 hours ago, marcocom said:

This work is fantastic.  Thanks so much for your prolific efforts.

I have a quick question.  are the ScriptMod modules backward-compatible?  like, should i point my older campaigns to the latest ScriptsMod or keep them peer-dependant (i have about six folders now. theyre small and its no inconvenience) - are they benefits to using latest scriptsmod?  TIA

if it works with the old versions, don't change anything ^^

What campaigns do you have?

DCE_Manager

@Miguel21

Mate, can you check the users download section please. I was trying to download the Iran-Iraq War - Fishbed campaign but I get the "_Iran-Iraq_war-Tomcat-NG" campaign as Zip file.

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/fr/files/3316762/

forum.png