48 minutes ago, Baldi23 said:

hello... just getting back into DCS again and loved these DCE campaigns before!.. Is everything still working correctly in DCS 2.8? is ok to reinstall everything?

Hi.
wait a bit more 😛

And in the future release, there will still be some known bugs, but it takes time to clean up.

• Thanks 1

FAQ DCE (Cef & Miguel'version)

In case of problem with a mission generated by CEF's DCEs, please post as many elements as possible:

• - the mission + the tacview + a screenshot of the bug window + Give the name of the campaign + version of the scriptsMod

DCE_Manager

News : Crisis in Persian Gulf, one campaign, 13 modules (29/12/2023)

47 minutes ago, Namonid_2020 said:

Dear Miguel, 

Managed to solved the issue, it runs correctly. (DCE was not activated whitin the Modules.) Scusi. 

But today I received this one:

nullnull

image.png

hello,
look at the FAQ in my signature, it's question n°2

In case of problem with a mission generated by CEF's DCEs, please post as many elements as possible:

• - the mission + the tacview + a screenshot of the bug window + Give the name of the campaign + version of the scriptsMod

DCE_Manager

1 hour ago, Namonid_2020 said:

Ok. I am not a programmer, just want to fly some correct SP campaign which is missing in DCS. 

I did, red and checked everything, waisted several hours, but now I give it up. Good Luck! 

hello,
Right, sorry.
I'm thinking of putting this in automatically via the little DCE_Manager program.
When it's done, I'll let you know.

DCE_Manager

5 hours ago, Namonid_2020 said:

Ok. I am not a programmer, just want to fly some correct SP campaign which is missing in DCS. 

I did, red and checked everything, waisted several hours, but now I give it up. Good Luck! 

Hello, the lack of SP campaign in DCS motivated Mbot to make DCE. It's campaigns were really easy to use and a revolution for me in DCS. There were few modificiations to do (only Missionscript to modify after each DCS upgrade). We wanted with Miguel21 to be able to use more planes and maps and may be more options using Mbot DCE. DCE_Manager should help to install and use DCE campaigns easily but of course it's not perfect yet. Missionscript modification is still to be done after each update (OvGME program helps) and old campaigns can be bugged sometimes. We (Miguel21 mainly 😉  ) are working on making campaigns easier to use but it takes time 😉

Sorry that sometimes it seems so complicated ... maybe can you look at Liberation campaigns ? It's a little different concept but it's easier to use I think ...

[/url]All known Dynamic Campaign Engine Campaigns

Last DCE news : Crisis in PG - Blue version

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

When i try to start the campaign Crisis in PG Warthog light i have this error in the terminal:

E:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta\bin\luae.exe: ..\..\..\ScriptsMod.NG\BAT_FirstMission.lua:118: bad argument #1 to 'pairs' (table expected, got nil)
stack traceback:
        [C]: in function 'pairs'
        ..\..\..\ScriptsMod.NG\BAT_FirstMission.lua:118: in main chunk
        [C]: ?

C:\Users\mario\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Mods\tech\DCE\Missions\Campaigns\Crisis in PG-Warthog-Light>

I installed everything correctly.

Cheers

D.

7 hours ago, Danguard said:

Hi

When i try to start the campaign Crisis in PG Warthog light i have this error in the terminal:

E:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta\bin\luae.exe: ..\..\..\ScriptsMod.NG\BAT_FirstMission.lua:118: bad argument #1 to 'pairs' (table expected, got nil)
stack traceback:
        [C]: in function 'pairs'
        ..\..\..\ScriptsMod.NG\BAT_FirstMission.lua:118: in main chunk
        [C]: ?

C:\Users\mario\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Mods\tech\DCE\Missions\Campaigns\Crisis in PG-Warthog-Light>

I installed everything correctly.

Cheers

D.

Hello,
what version of scriptsMod are you using?

DCE_Manager

In my OvGME i have a MissionScripting.lua that contain:

--Initialization script for the Mission lua Environment (SSE)

dofile('Scripts/ScriptingSystem.lua')

--Sanitize Mission Scripting environment
--This makes unavailable some unsecure functions. 
--Mission downloaded from server to client may contain potentialy harmful lua code that may use these functions.
--You can remove the code below and make availble these functions at your own risk.

local function sanitizeModule(name)
    _G[name] = nil
    package.loaded[name] = nil
end

do
--    sanitizeModule('os')
--    sanitizeModule('io')
    sanitizeModule('lfs')
    require = nil
    loadlib = nil
end

In C:\Users\Myname\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Mods\tech\DCE i have two folders and a file entry.lua:

local mod_name = "Dynamic Campaign Engine"

local mod_config = {
    installed      = true,
    dirName           = current_mod_path,
    fileMenuName = _("DCE"),
    version         = "11.01.2020",
    state         = "installed", 
    developerName= "MBot",
    info         = _("Dynamic Campaign Engine"),

Skins    = 
    {
        {
            name    = _("DCE"),
            dir        = "Theme"
        },
    },

Missions =
    {
        {
            name        = _("DCE"),
            dir            = "Missions",    
        },
    },    
}

declare_plugin(mod_name, mod_config)
plugin_done()

D.

1 hour ago, Danguard said:

20 61 269

It display in DCE manager, is it another way to download?

D.

yes, you have to update scriptsMod with DCE_Manager

You can also update DCE_Manager ^^

DCE_Manager

Just now, Danguard said:

My DCE manager is 4.10.22.31 can you send me a link for latest version?

Thx in advance

D.

in my signature

DCE_Manager

When i select details button i have a log message for the error, in this long text i found this main issue:

Application reference identity processor architecture, amd64, does not match the processor architecture of the deployment: x86.

I googled about this error and it's due to a wrong format for the manifest file. I hope this help.

D.

Just now, Danguard said:

When i select details button i have a log message for the error, in this long text i found this main issue:

Application reference identity processor architecture, amd64, does not match the processor architecture of the deployment: x86.

I googled about this error and it's due to a wrong format for the manifest file. I hope this help.

D.

yes sorry, I uploaded the wrong version.
I'm on it ^^

DCE_Manager

• Thanks 1

DCE_Manager

15 hours ago, Spartan111sqn said:

Awesome work mates.

When is coming a campaign in Syria?

Looking forward. 

Sorry but our actual work is focusing on MP with DCE. Using a modified Over Caucasus campaign confirmed that live ground units are very bad for FPS and can even overload servers ... it was not a real surprise but we needed to confirm it. The bad news is that it will be difficult to make a syrian campaign without realistic SAM et ground units ! I'm afraid it will be nearly unplayable 😞
My next small campaign which is nearly ready will take place in Tchad (well a place in persian gulf I designed to be like Tchad 😉 ) in 1987 with Mirage F-1CE and Gazelle for France against Khadafy libyan forces during "Opération Manta" !

This small campaign runs really well even with "live" ground units 🙂 A good way to practise the new Mirage F-1CE 😉

• Like 1

Hi just installed some campaigns and found a copy paste bug in 3 of them, TF-71-Hornet-80's, Viggen over Caucasus and Viggen Over PG, all using NG.

The error is when they try to load FrontlineCaucasus1.png and FrontlineCaucasus2.png. In the TF-71 Campaign they have a -old at the end of the name, just removing it fix the problem ... not sure if you have some other pictures ment to go there since they are exact the same as in the modern version. For the Viggen Campaign in Caucasus I renamed the file in there and made a copy for FrontlineCaucasus2.png of the existing in the Viggen folder. For Viggen over PG I made a copy of Frontline.png and FrontlineGulf.png and renamed them to to FrontlineCaucasus1.png and FrontlineCaucasus2.png.

With all the above done the campaigns created the First Mission ok.
Have a good one M

Edited by Metal
spelling

On 11/30/2022 at 12:15 AM, Metal said:

Hi just installed some campaigns and found a copy paste bug in 3 of them, TF-71-Hornet-80's, Viggen over Caucasus and Viggen Over PG, all using NG.

The error is when they try to load FrontlineCaucasus1.png and FrontlineCaucasus2.png. In the TF-71 Campaign they have a -old at the end of the name, just removing it fix the problem ... not sure if you have some other pictures ment to go there since they are exact the same as in the modern version. For the Viggen Campaign in Caucasus I renamed the file in there and made a copy for FrontlineCaucasus2.png of the existing in the Viggen folder. For Viggen over PG I made a copy of Frontline.png and FrontlineGulf.png and renamed them to to FrontlineCaucasus1.png and FrontlineCaucasus2.png.

With all the above done the campaigns created the First Mission ok.
Have a good one M

Thanks for the debug 😉

We are working on new versions of the campaign with a new concept of campaign cloning : I will release only one Campaign for each side and it will be possible to launch different campaigns choosing which squadron (plane) you will fly ! It will permit to start as many campaigns as you want without deleting the old ones 😉

I will try to debug all main campaigns for this release 🙂

A question about the Hornet Crisis in the PG campaign.

I noticed I was always assigned loadouts with 3 external tanks, regardless of how short the mission flightplan was. So, I went looking in the Init>db_loadout.lua, and found ALOT of loadouts have been commented out, leaving only 3 tank loadouts active and available for DCE.

Was this done for a reason? Can I simply remove the comment marks to enable all the other loadouts, or will this break the campaign in some way?

57 minutes ago, norman99 said:

A question about the Hornet Crisis in the PG campaign.

I noticed I was always assigned loadouts with 3 external tanks, regardless of how short the mission flightplan was. So, I went looking in the Init>db_loadout.lua, and found ALOT of loadouts have been commented out, leaving only 3 tank loadouts active and available for DCE.

Was this done for a reason? Can I simply remove the comment marks to enable all the other loadouts, or will this break the campaign in some way?

I made this because I lost too many AI wingmen for fuel problems 😉 so I decided to give more fuels to them. Often I take only 1 fuel tank myself…

you can try to remove the comments for short range loadouts but I’m not sure they still respect all the technical requirements… try it, I will try to look at it soon

17 minutes ago, PB0_CEF said:

I made this because I lost too many AI wingmen for fuel problems 😉 so I decided to give more fuels to them. Often I take only 1 fuel tank myself…

you can try to remove the comments for short range loadouts but I’m not sure they still respect all the technical requirements… try it, I will try to look at it soon

Thanks for the explanation, I thought it would be something like this.

There’s no rush to make any official changes to this campaign, I’m more than happy to make some changes to my version and see what results I get.