NS-430 issues so far

fjacobsen

Great module, but I found these issues so far...

XTKE indicator (NAV page 1) not consistant - sometimes it´s to the right where it should be to the left and vice versa in order to guide You in the right direction. Same goes for the digital readout on the NAV page 2 (MAP page with data fields on and XTKE as one of the fields.

F.ex magenta line is to the left of my aircraft, where the XTKE indicator then should be displaced to the left, but is shown to the right etc..

Sometimes it´s Ok, other times not.

Entry of flightplan does not scroll the fields up when the fourth waypoint has been entered.

On the real GNS-430 as soon as the 4th waypoint has been added, the page is scrolled up so that the 5th waypoint can be entered beneath and so forth..

In the MI-8 - is it possible to couple the course indicator / HSI to the GPS ?

Will the various navigation points be added (or an option to toggle them on/off) be added to the mission editor / F10 Map ?

i7-10700K 3.8-5.1Ghz, 32GB RAM, RTX 4070 12GB, 1 x 1 TB SSD, 2 x 2TB SSD2 TB,  1 x 2 TBHDD 7200 RPM, Win10 Home 64bit, Meta Quest 3.

F.ex magenta line is to the left of my aircraft, where the XTKE indicator then should be displaced to the left, but is shown to the right etc..

Can you be more specific, with a screenshot or two?

Entry of flightplan does not scroll the fields up when the fourth waypoint has been entered.

On the real GNS-430 as soon as the 4th waypoint has been added, the page is scrolled up so that the 5th waypoint can be entered beneath and so forth..

I believe this is a known issue, if not i'll make sure it gets filed.

In the MI-8 - is it possible to couple the course indicator / HSI to the GPS ?

Will the various navigation points be added (or an option to toggle them on/off) be added to the mission editor / F10 Map ?

Mi-8 doesn't have an actual HSI or CDI, so not sure it's possible.

I did read on the Russian forums (via google translate) from someone (can't remember who) that the ability to have mission editor waypoints automatically loaded as a flight plan was in the works, but I haven't heard it officially.

--gos

Just so you know, I had the issue yesterday but today it worked fine. Some elements of the map scrolled, others didn't. I'm not sure 100% it's related to the track up setting, but switching back to north up fixed it yesterday.

Anyway, thanks in advance for looking into this.

Some "MENU" menus (like in AUX, among others) do not scroll back up when you scroll all the way down with the right knob, seem to get stuck on the bottom page.

Apologies if I'm doing something wrong, but it also seems that creating a waypoint using the cursor on the map and pressing enter does not work as it's described in the manual, it always creates a waypoint that is 0 distance away.

I reported this one tonight, along with a video from a real GNS430W showing the behavior you mention and how it's supposed to work.

Thx!

--gos

Edited by gospadin

If I'm not mistaken, the use of this device can not be prohibited by server admins, which is a huge issue for Cold War scenarios (and WW2 scenarios if WW2 birds will get this device in the future).

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Some "MENU" menus (like in AUX, among others) do not scroll back up when you scroll all the way down with the right knob, seem to get stuck on the bottom page.

I was just looking into scrolling bugs and managed to reproduce your bug.

ONCE lol out of 5 tries.

I'll report it as soon as I can reproduce it reliably,

Edited by ody81

XTKE indicator (NAV page 1) not consistant - sometimes it´s to the right where it should be to the left and vice versa in order to guide You in the right direction. Same goes for the digital readout on the NAV page 2 (MAP page with data fields on and XTKE as one of the fields.

Reproduced and reported.

Edited by ody81

Hello....

I installed the Garmin, and played a bit with it, i am very happy but...

After a break for dinner, i come back to DCS and now, i cant enter in the MI-8 !

I can fly other airplanes, but if i try the mi-8, i appear in the outside airport view, cant enter on the mi-8

I checked the modules, averything is installed

Any ideas?

Hello....

I installed the Garmin, and played a bit with it, i am very happy but...

After a break for dinner, i come back to DCS and now, i cant enter in the MI-8 !

I can fly other airplanes, but if i try the mi-8, i appear in the outside airport view, cant enter on the mi-8

I checked the modules, averything is installed

Any ideas?

Did you quit DCS and try again?

I haven't seen this before, you might wanna disable all mods and run a repair, try again with no mods running.

What version are you using btw? 1.5 or 2.1?

When inserting waypoints in a flight plan, I believe the new waypoint should be inserted before the highlighted waypoint. At the moment it is inserted after the highlighted waypoint.

It doesn't seem to be possible scroll past the 4th waypoint to insert a 5th.

Also, when activating a leg in a flight plan, you should select the target of the leg. Currently you have to select the source. The confirmation popup is also missing. See for example the following video, starting at 10:00:

Target/Origin for activation is already reported, thanks.

Limit of 4WP per flight plan was also previously reported, thanks.

Did you quit DCS and try again?

I haven't seen this before, you might wanna disable all mods and run a repair, try again with no mods running.

What version are you using btw? 1.5 or 2.1?

Using 1.5

After turn-off the computer and run DCS again, it works.

I let you know if this happens again.

Could you give some more details please?

I just reported what seemed like waypoint switching problems, so I'd like to know if your problems are unique.

As I approach the end of a leg from my flight plan, the GPS should indicate something like "turn to xxx in nn seconds" before the end of the leg, thus anticipating the turn to the next leg and the flight plan switching to next journey leg. I tried it with the Garmin NS-400 series simulator from Garmin, I entered my flightplan exactly the same as I did in DCS, and this anticipation/auto switch works (that's what we should see (lower right corner):

). An other thing, the terrain warning/danger zone doesn't updates on the NAV>Terrain page when I change my altitude and getting higher than the dangerous relief
Edited by flo57100

As I approach the end of a leg from my flight plan, the GPS should indicate something like "turn to xxx in nn seconds" before the end of the leg, thus anticipating the turn to the next leg and the flight plan switching to next journey leg. I tried it with the Garmin NS-400 series simulator from Garmin, I entered my flightplan exactly the same as I did in DCS, and this anticipation/auto switch works (that's what we should see (lower right corner):
). An other thing, the terrain warning/danger zone doesn't updates on the NAV>Terrain page when I change my altitude and getting higher than the dangerous relief

Thanks!

It's getting late here and the sandman's calling but I'll get on it first chance tomorrow unless someone beats me to it.

One more question though...

Which aircraft are you using?