The GRMk5???

The Jack

I would love to see a British aircraft in DCS... I know we have the Hawk but it would be great to have a fully combat capable plane!!

Would it be hard to model the nose and add the Sidewinder launch rail on the outrigger wheels???

(I know there's the Aden cannons - i'd be cool with the equaliser...)

14896136861_e3ca942e6d_b.jpg

The original plan was to do a GR.7 and later on a GR.9, however, certain parts of the aircraft were more heavily classified than others, leading to RAZBAM abandoning the GR.7 plan in favor of the US AV-8B(NA) due to easier access to information.

Among the classified systems in question, the ECM 'tusks', featured prominently on the nose of UK Harrier IIs were cited as a specific example of a system not reproducible due to classified information.

That would not be acceptable for a DCS module, and such an endeavor would be an expensive time sink as all those changes in the exterior would have to not only be modeled, but also coded to provide the correct flight model as well as damage model. The internal layout would also have to be replicated for systems modeling and damage modeling.

• 4 weeks later...
As far as I'm aware there isn't very much difference between the AV8B NA and the Harrier GR.7.

Someone feel free to correct me on that if I'm wrong.

Instruments panel has some differences.

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"The three most dangerous things in the world are a programmer with a soldering iron, a hardware type with a program patch and a user with an idea."