Manual far from complete

WildBillKelsoe

I read the manual, and there are A LOT of missing diagrams and pictures. Not really impressed. How did this pass ED? I mean look at Mig-21 manual, from day one you can tell everything down to the last detail. Also, the pictures for HUD with all its different indications is black and white, not really helpful to newcomers like me.

Before you shove Chucks guide, yes I read it, but would rather the original manual be complete if you dont mind.

Lots of info needs illustrations:

1- BK-90 employment with the variants 1,2,mix, detailing every difference, how to interact, the footprint, aiming offset with windage, release velocity, fuze timing, appropriate target sets for selected type, Z-sleds for bomblets.

2- Steering the flare missile, how powerful is it, what to use it against, aiming instructions.

3- HUD modes, especially AIM-9 equivalent, whats the difference between the three missiles.

4- AFK employment speed and entry parameters, interaction with alpha.

5- Alpha mode, its uses during combat, what it does to control surfaces, how does this improve or degrade performance in relation to the 37 design.

6- Detailed weapons employment chapter based on the venerable A-10C manual (the six hundred plus page manual)

7- Landing gear, airbrake, and trimming system limits.

8- Central Kalkyllator chapter with full code listing and applications.

Please do not flood me with "read Chucks guide" or "watch Bunyap/Fish/xxxJohnxxx/Revientor tutorials". This is about the manual being incomplete. Even the cockpit diagram is black and white and looks cropped out of a manual. There must be standards to this type of product. :noexpression:

• Like 1

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

A manual update is on the list and will be looked at soon.

We plan to do all changes in one go and then call it done (obviously some minor changes may still occur) - but it should then be safe for printing.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

I read the manual, and there are A LOT of missing diagrams and pictures. Not really impressed. How did this pass ED?

"It passed ED" because it's widely considered to be a great, high quality module. I'm sure most will agree. ;)

Please do not flood me with "read Chucks guide" or "watch Bunyap/Fish/xxxJohnxxx/Revientor tutorials". This is about the manual being incomplete. Even the cockpit diagram is black and white and looks cropped out of a manual. There must be standards to this type of product. :noexpression:

The cockpit diagrams being black and white and being "cropped out of a manual" is intentional.

They're from the real manual and we have permission from SAAB / SFI to use them. Just because you prefer colour screenshots does not make it superior.

Some of your points are covered by in-game training. The RB-05 tutorial for example, teaches you step by step on how to utilize the missile.

This is fairly redundant information in the manual.

That said:

A manual update is on the list and will be looked at soon.

We plan to do all changes in one go and then call it done (obviously some minor changes may still occur) - but it should then be safe for printing.

Edited by Cobra847

Nicholas Dackard

Founder & Lead Artist

Heatblur Simulations

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

Some of your points also don't make too much sense, or they are covered in the in-game training. The RB-05 tutorial for example, teaches you step by step on how to utilize the missile.

This is fairly redundant information in the manual.

I disagree here. Imo the manual should cover all aspects at least to a level to serve as a reference guide. Training missions are great and a good way to practice what you learned from the manual - and maybe a bit more. But a training mission can not be loaded on an e-book reader and studied at the toil... well, where ever one finds the time and peace to learn stuff.

I hope, you had something like that in mind..?

I disagree here. Imo the manual should cover all aspects at least to a level to serve as a reference guide. Training missions are great and a good way to practice what you learned from the manual - and maybe a bit more. But a training mission can not be loaded on an e-book reader and studied at the toil... well, where ever one finds the time and peace to learn stuff.

I hope, you had something like that in mind..?

I'm sure we'll expand the topic if it's too "light" - but doing a step by step instruction (as you would find in a tutorial) feels redundant.

Those sorts of things are best left to interactive training (or just pilot experience training) in our opinion.

Of course a basic description and a procedural description (how to utilize the missile and general characteristics of its' use) should be included.

What I am referring to is anything beyond the procedural and basic attack profiles.

Edited by Cobra847

Nicholas Dackard

Founder & Lead Artist

Heatblur Simulations

my query is not about the quality of the module but rather the quality of the manual to serve as reference and reading material supplementing the module. Some people jump into the tutorial and some others use resources they have or find online or published. Others consider the manual as the go to guy in case they want to start in a cold cockpit with dark switches, learn it on their own and not click highlightable elements. To somehow, placebo-like, learn the real airplane theyre in. I am one of the last people. Yes the module is great coming from a long standing A-10 background (2011) but its just the basics I am asking for.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

my query is not about the quality of the module but rather the quality of the manual to serve as reference and reading material supplementing the module. Some people jump into the tutorial and some others use resources they have or find online or published. Others consider the manual as the go to guy in case they want to start in a cold cockpit with dark switches, learn it on their own and not click highlightable elements. To somehow, placebo-like, learn the real airplane theyre in. I am one of the last people. Yes the module is great coming from a long standing A-10 background (2011) but its just the basics I am asking for.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't have an ETA for you; but we're hoping to have it all wrapped up in the next month or two.

The main person responsible for the manual (JediTeo) is currently busy with the mission content (mini campaign is shipping first and then the main campaign).

Hopefully sooner, rather than later! I'll try to keep you updated.

Nicholas Dackard

Founder & Lead Artist

Heatblur Simulations

I don't have an ETA for you; but we're hoping to have it all wrapped up in the next month or two.

The main person responsible for the manual (JediTeo) is currently busy with the mission content (mini campaign is shipping first and then the main campaign).

Hopefully sooner, rather than later! I'll try to keep you updated.

Its ok just please make more effort to introduce the product better. Its a good product, again.

The only things I can think of that I would say is wrong with the manual is some of the images that are left blank and if memory serves me well just a few trivial changes to the information, I can't think of exact examples but otherwise it's a perfectly satisfactory manual, it's not perfect but is more than sufficient.

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.