Odd anomalies in NTTR and Normandy map.

FragBum

Okay i fly mostly Helicopter in ED and as such you get to find strange things for instance weird usually deep dark black regions sometimes with patterns, sometimes without. These regions seem to change the lift of the aircraft and present a challenge to land on with odd turbulence etc. Well for me that is.

But now they try to kill me and sometimes give me a glimpse at the underworld. :megalol:

A short video to illustrate.

This is not a complaint I find these anomalies interesting and kinda challenging and fun but I probably need :helpsmilie::D

Control is an illusion which usually shatters at the least expected moment.

Gazelle Mini-gun version is endorphins with rotors. See above.

Currently rolling with a Asus Z390 Prime, 9600K, 32GB RAM, SSD, 2080Ti and Windows 10Pro, Rift CV1. bu0836x and Scratch Built Pedals, Collective and Cyclic.

Isn't it the same behavior you would expect when landing on water? AFAIK the DCS map is usually all water with land rendered on top of it. As such, the stitching errors you see actually give means to land on the water area underneath the land mass.

YMMV though...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Commodore 64 | MOS6510 | VIC-II | SID6581 | DD 1541 | KCS Power Cartridge | 64Kb | 32Kb external | Arcade Turbo

Isn't it the same behavior you would expect when landing on water? AFAIK the DCS map is usually all water with land rendered on top of it. As such, the stitching errors you see actually give means to land on the water area underneath the land mass.

YMMV though...

No, well maybe, it literally seems like it pushes you away as for falling through the seams look at the RH side cube section of the Ipermercato Froggy buildings and try and land on the roof of that section. :D

I think he's reporting that ground effect doesn't work over water properly.

@FragBum can you post the lat/long of that spot on the map?

I think this is the one in the video, have a look at 36.07.20N, 115.07.02W in Las Vegas look for the dark black line formation. (Or 36.52.25N, 115.06.25W)

The ground effect is just abnormal over some areas sometimes it also seems to occur randomly.

Control is an illusion which usually shatters at the least expected moment.

Gazelle Mini-gun version is endorphins with rotors. See above.

Currently rolling with a Asus Z390 Prime, 9600K, 32GB RAM, SSD, 2080Ti and Windows 10Pro, Rift CV1. bu0836x and Scratch Built Pedals, Collective and Cyclic.