Rocket pods not zeroed/hitting off reticle

T.Eason

Hi guys either they're meant to be this inaccurate or I'm doing something wrong.

Whenever I come in for a rocket run and line the reticle up and launch the rockets fly 10-20m off target each and every time. Gun sight and aiming works however.

Which rockets exactly? Yesterday I managed to get some decent hits with the Zunis, and I was expecting problems since this particular problem also exists in the M-2000C (TBH, I didn't recheck for a while, but I never read anything regarding this issue in the changelogs) as well as some guys who had access for a while already for some YouTube footage told us the rocket aim was off in their version. I made the same experience with the LAU-3, which is spraying it's load all over like a watering can which more likely seems to be a problem with that particular new weapon.

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

I'm experiencing the same thing. I have to wonder if this is intended behavior?

In the interim I believe it helps to set the "MULT" on your PCA to 2. This enables you to fire one rocket from the left rocket pod and one from the right rocket pod. Together you should be able to hit what you're aiming at on your first try .

Yeah, 2.75" rocket dispersion/spread seems much, much too big. The Zunis aren't as bad, though they are still unreliable at hitting single targets at anything but very close range/last second before pulling up.

ETA:

It seems it's the HEAT 2.75" rockets that have the over large dispersion problem. The HE versions seem to work as normal.

Edited by Aries144
HEAT 2.75" HE 2.75" works as normal

as well as some guys who had access for a while already for some YouTube footage told us the rocket aim was off in their version.

Yep I saw that too, believe it was said by the Youtuber Jabbers. Obviously rocket spread is going to happen but not THIS drastically surely?

Try the Instant action rocket and gun pod mission. That mission after using the rocket pods is what made me make this post.