New Widescreen loading screens

SuperKungFu

.dds format

What program do you use to resize the images and then save them as .dds format for use in the sim?

Thanks

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

system specs:

AMD 1100T X6, Asus Crosshair 4 Formula Mobo, 16 Gigs GSkill DDR3, XFX R9-290X 4GB 512-Bit, X-52 flight stick set, Samsung 2560x1440, Win7 64

you mean you want the loading screens? Its located on lockonfiles

http://www.lockonfiles.com/modules.php?name=Downloads&d_op=viewdownloaddetails&cid=122&lid=776&ttitle=Widescreen_Loading_Screens#dldetails

and heres the 4:3 ratio one

http://www.lockonfiles.com/modules.php?name=Downloads&d_op=viewdownloaddetails&cid=122&lid=778&ttitle=4:3_ratio_Loading_Screens_1600x1200#dldetails

and to answer mark's question, i use adobe to resize and convert to dds. However, you don't need to resize the pictures, lock on should automatically do it as long as its in the correct ratio.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I know this is irrelevant, just FYI. The Mig-29's in 1.02 were different in loadout screens, where one was on the parking ramp, and the other was of German Luftwaffe on taxi.

This should be compatible for both 1.02 and 1.12a (just don't copy over the Su-25T if you are on 1.02). I can't recall if 1.02 was in the same folder/format. Based on what alfa said, it looks like in 1.02 it there was only one Mig-29 loading screen, so pick the one you like the best and rename it into start-mig29.dds.

I am having the same issue as EscCtrl in post #19. Im using the 1:6 version. I have game resloution set to 1680x1050 in the graphics file and in the game options. Not sure why lockon doesnt stretch them out.

I see where OldFramkHog suggested changing the res to 1024x1024 in post#25, but i dont know how to do that without resaving the image, and I dont have photoshop to re-save as .dds. Is there a way to change the res to 1024x1024 without resaving?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

system specs:

AMD 1100T X6, Asus Crosshair 4 Formula Mobo, 16 Gigs GSkill DDR3, XFX R9-290X 4GB 512-Bit, X-52 flight stick set, Samsung 2560x1440, Win7 64

found a fix

well, turns out that my wife has photoshop on her pc. I downloaded a .dds plugin for it and used it to edit the size to 2048x2048 (thinking of high res, not sure if its better than 1024x1024 but only wanted to do it once). now lomac pulls up the screens and stretches them to wide 1:6 like it should. Not sure how it works but glad it does.

Might should go with 1024x1024 for the sake of file size if you make a new up load. the three i made were 5 mb each and 6.5 mb together in a zip file. May have done something wrong in resizing/saving but it does work now.

Hope this info helps others.

Thanks for you help,

Mark

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

system specs:

Following up - can anyone please post up the square 1024x1024 or 2048x2048 files for those of us with 1.6 aspect wide screens?

Thanks,

Formski

Ryzen 5800X3D | 64GB DDR4 @ 3600MHz | Gigabyte X570-Aorus Ultra | Gigabyte GeForce 4090 | Samsung C34F791 | Varjo Aero | Windows 10 Pro x64 | Auzentech X-Fi Forte | too many flight controllers...

I wouldnt mind posting the ones I made (3) ( AI, F-15, A-10) but can someone first tell me how to make the file size smaller. They are 2048 x2048 and come out about 5mb each. I could make 1024x1024 but still have aprox half that file size.

What compression settings/program is used to get them down to under 1MB? I would do all the screens if I can get them to a smaller size. Then zip them up and post them here.

Thanks.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

system specs:

I wouldnt mind posting the ones I made (3) ( AI, F-15, A-10) but can someone first tell me how to make the file size smaller. They are 2048 x2048 and come out about 5mb each. I could make 1024x1024 but still have aprox half that file size.

What compression settings/program is used to get them down to under 1MB? I would do all the screens if I can get them to a smaller size. Then zip them up and post them here.

Thanks.

When you save your image to dds, you get a menu with a lot of options - at the very top(left) there is a drop down menu saying "DXT3"(I think this is default).....if you change this to DXT1 the filesize will be lower. IIRC Lock-on's original splash screens are in DXT2, but this option does not seem to be available with the dds plug-in for photoshop.

However, I don't think the filesize of splash screens really matters, so I wouldn't worry about lowering it from what you got now :) .

JJ

just wanted to lower the size or upload/download purpouses

not sure what the limit is on upload size to these fourms

I will try the DTX1 this evening

thanks

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

system specs:

OKi, I made one batch of loading screens in 16/10 aspect. The pics have 1600X1000 pixels and I think they go to 1920X1200 without loosing quality.

They look like this...

a10gy4.jpg

f15tq0.jpg

su25im6.jpg

su27gx5.jpg

mig29anj6.jpg

mig29gcr1.jpg

mig29sac7.jpg

startsu25the9.jpg

su33yb5.jpg

for AI:

startaiuk5.jpg

And the start image:

startimagezf1.jpg

Some of them are the original Lock On load screens but bigger and 16/10

In the readme I gave credit to original photographers and I hope no one is offended because I included their fine work in this.

The main menu is resized to 16/10 aspect also (I tweaked a little the clock)

For the loading screen I used the excelent screen made by Rocky.

I also included a "cloudy" background image for "Payload" screen so if you have it already moded be shure to make a backup of your version or install the components manualy.

The package can be installed via Modman. I tested it in 1.12a and it works ok.

here is a link: http://media9.filewind.com/g.php?filepath=11839

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

very nice zaelu, one question though, how did you modify the pictures for the main screen. The file is main-screen.dds in the C:\Program Files\Ubisoft\Eagle Dynamics\Lock On\FUI\Common folder. I want to change these pictures

mainscreen.jpg

I got a couple of great pictures to fit that area and i would like it to look better on a widescreen, could you give me any advice?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I don't know if I understood the question correctly but...

You open the picture (the DDS) in your editor of choice (preferable one that deals with layers :) ) and you make a copy of the original layer then select with a selection tool the small "gem like" windows of the planes and delete them from the copy layer... then you insert the new pictures (properly resised before) beneath that layer... fit them... put some blur on them to look "realisticaly bad" :) ... then "flatten" your picture and save it like DDS again. :D

Is this helpful? :D

oki... one more message coming from top right ;)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

You need just to open the picture of your choice in the editor, resize the image so it will not exceed the "main screen" picture and give you hard times then Ctrl+A, Ctrl+C, move to your "main screen" file in the editor, Ctrl+V. A new layer will be created for each new pasted in picture. Make shure the new layer is selected then Ctrl+T, (free transform gizmos will apear) hold Shift to make proportional transforming (or even Alt+Shift to be centered also) till you reach the desired size then press enter to comit the transformation.

After you had modified at will the pics you can select all the layers that contain them and either you "merge" them by Ctrl+E either you let them be individual layers (but keep them selected) you apply blur filter or other filter or effect of your choice.

The limit is only your imagination and/or your time :) ... both in my case LOL .

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Well, press and hold the lasso and two different tools will show as a sub menu.... pick the 'poligonal lasso tool' and then click with it to define the "gemlike" window where the small pictures are. After selection is complete (when you close the circle a small "o" will apear) press "del" on keyboard (or chose "Clear" from edit menu) to remove the picture. All you have to do is to slide beneath a new one.

here is a picture:

getpictureasptpicturenaez0.jpg

Many other tools have 'hidden' sisters :).

btw... did you cheked your PM? Top right corner... remember :D .

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Resized back to 1024x1024

For whatever reason, I had trouble getting lockon to use the widescreen versions on my 1680x1050 screen. (see posts 24,25,33-35) So after some good help from you guys, I was able to re-size the images back to square 1024x1024 and then lockon stretches them correctly.

Here is a link to where I uploaded them to:

http://media8.filewind.com/g.php?filepath=10919

I also included SuperKungFu's readme and screenshot since its his work.

Thanks all

Note: my browser settings (i guess) gives me a "g.htm" file from that filewind site when I try to download Zaelu's load screens from post 41.

Same thing when I try to download the ones I just uploaded.

I also tried "right click save as" and get the same result.

Any Ideas on whats up with that?

Update: I got the links to work if I copied and pasted into internet explorer. MSN browser would not open it right.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

system specs:

note: my browser settings (i guess) gives me a "g.htm" file from that filewind site when I try to download Zaelu's load screens from post 41.

Same thing when I try to download the ones I just uploaded.

I also tried "right click save as" and get the same result.

Any Ideas on whats up with that?

Update: I got the links to work if I copied and pasted into internet explorer. MSN browser would not open it right.

Give a try to Opera or Firefox browsers :thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]