ME Unresponsive after saving mission (1.5.8OB)

Nealius

After saving some missions, I attempt to exit the ME. Nothing happens. I attempt to exit again, and a popup claiming changes have not saved appears. It doesn't matter if I click Yes, No, or Cancel, the ME is still unresponsive. If I click on the icons on the left panel, the icons will higlight blue and remain highlighted, but none of the windows will appear at all. The only way for me to exit is to kill DCS.exe through Task Manager.

I have already repaired the 1.5.8OB TWICE. This happens without mods. This does not happen on the 1.5.7 Release.

Image for reference. You can see all of the icons on the left panel highlighted.

G0Dv9lQ.jpg

• ED Team

can you reproduce and then attach your dcs.log straight after.

it should show us some clues, possibly a GUI error

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• ED Team
00112.056 ALERT LUACOMMON: Error: GUI Error: [string "./MissionEditor/modules/me_aircraft.lua"]:2077: attempt to index field 'group' (a nil value)

GUI debug.traceback: stack traceback:

[C]: ?

[string "./MissionEditor/modules/me_aircraft.lua"]:2077: in function 'onSpinUnitOf'

[string "./MissionEditor/modules/me_aircraft.lua"]:1720: in function 'verifySingleInFlight'

[string "./MissionEditor/modules/me_aircraft.lua"]:742: in function 'changeType'

[string "./MissionEditor/modules/me_aircraft.lua"]:1193: in function 'setType'

[string "./MissionEditor/modules/me_aircraft.lua"]:1088: in function 'changeCountry'

[string "./MissionEditor/modules/me_aircraft.lua"]:1572: in function 'fillCountries'

[string "./MissionEditor/modules/me_aircraft.lua"]:1526: in function 'updateCountries'

[string "./MissionEditor/modules/me_mission.lua"]:2425: in function 'create_new_mission'

[string "./MissionEditor/modules/me_menubar.lua"]:377: in function 'Exit'

[string "./MissionEditor/modules/me_menubar.lua"]:357: in function 'onExit'

[string "./MissionEditor/modules/me_toolbar.lua"]:593: in function 'onChange'

[string "./dxgui/bind/Button.lua"]:22: in function 'callback'

[string "./dxgui/bind/Widget.lua"]:330: in function <[string "./dxgui/bind/Widget.lua"]:325>

00117.148 ALERT LUACOMMON: Error: GUI Error: [string "./MissionEditor/modules/me_bullseye.lua"]:89: attempt to index field 'bullseye' (a nil value)

GUI debug.traceback: stack traceback:

My guess is a unofficial modification was left in during the update,

have you tried a cleanup? and then a repair

guide in my signature for the cleanup

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi !

I have the same problem but on the release 1.5.8 ...

But I identified what caused this unresponsive state of the ME (at least for me): When I try to place a M2000-C

The bad thing is that I don't know how to resolve this problem, even when identified.

I tested quite all the other planes playable in the game and they do not induce this unresponse of the ME ...

"Clear to startup ... Contact ..."

Geoffrey Wellum - First Light

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 4 weeks later...