Left (or any) wing breaking off when pulling high Gs (G-limiter off)

D4n

When external fuel tank is empty, instead of external tank ripping off, a wing of the Mirage breaks (unrealistic afaik, I think the Dassault engineers made the fuel tank to automatically break off at certain G force)

I was pulling between 9 and 10 G at the moment the wing broke off (fuel tank didn't break at 7 g like it should imo).

Edited by DanielNL
DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

edited.

DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

If your going to be pulling Gs like that, why not jettison the empty tanks you don't need first.

You might not be far from losing a wing anyway with or without with where your going.

Edited by MegOhm_SD

Cooler Master HAF XB EVO , ASUS P8Z77-V, i7-3770K @ 4.6GHz, Noctua AC, 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro, EVGA 1080TI 11GB, 2 Samsung 840 Pro 540GB SSDs Raid 0, 1TB HDD, EVGA SuperNOVA 1300W PS, G930 Wireless SS Headset, TrackIR5/Wireless Proclip, TM Warthog, Saitek Pro Combat Pedals, 75" Samsung 4K QLED, HP Reverb G2, Win 10

Couldn't, was in an engagement by the time the tank was empty :P

aha... still wing of Mirage shouldn't break at 10 g should it?

The airframe is pretty stiff, according to this page +13.5G/ -9G

http://mecaniqueescadronscambresis.wifeo.com/notre-machine-le-mirage-2000-c.php

But if you go there, I don't think the plane would fly again :music_whistling: (elastic/ plastic limit)

These are former Mirage 2000 ground crew, they would now this kind of details.

RPL 522 tank (fuselage) if empty is cleared for 9G.

In the title, I read "G limiter off"

What switch did you use to do that ?

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI RTX3080/ RAM 64 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Virpil CM3 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Reverb G2.

Flickr gallery: https://www.flickr.com/gp/71068385@N02/728Hbi

FBW G-limiter off...

FBW G-limiter off...

There isn't any switch called like this.

- VRILLE/ NORM (don't touch unless in spin)

- GAIN CDVE SEC (don't touch unless FBW failure)

- Autopilot disconnect/ exceed elastic limit.

Then we don't have any track, we don't know what speed you were flying, how much AoA you pulled or if really just pulled 10G or more.

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI RTX3080/ RAM 64 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Virpil CM3 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Reverb G2.

Ehhhh... So u telling me this translation is wrong? o_O (See yellow name tag in center of screen)

attachment.php?attachmentid=175950&stc=1&d=1515659967

1629978245_FBWG-Limit.thumb.jpg.0476f081bda9a9f6f9523cf750b8880f.jpg

Centerline fuel tank...

This switch change the FBW mode between charge and AA mode, it does not deactivate the G-limitation.

You are still limited to 9G within the elastic limit when in AA mode and your wings won't break at 9G (rated for 13.5G according to jojo).

We need a track or a tacview to see the condition where your wings broke off. I never broke a wing in a dogfight, even using the mechanical limit.

Edited by myHelljumper

Helljumper - M2000C Guru

Helljumper's Youtube

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCK3rTjezLUxPbWHvJJ3W2fA

The track files don't play correctly for me for some reason... All I see is the map, without any units...

It is definitely in one of these 3 tracks, not sure if anyone can get them to work in tacview or so...

(click blue dowload button in top right, 100 MB size sadly. I suggest starting watching the latest track file first) https://app.box.com/s/jsfi5txx0qmyn9q10kbbr1777pryydo2

Edited by DanielNL

Yes, this switch is not a limiter on-off switch, but switches between two different limiter modes (not only G I think, roll rate also ?).

However, I did experience wing breaking off with a clean aircraft (barring 2xR-550) using the elastic limit override while doing performance testing. At certain speeds, pulling the maximum amount of G "allowed" by overriding the limiter will break the wings.

I had the issue appear at 10 000 ft, 21 000 lbs, 2xR-550, around 450-500 knots, pulling 9.5 - 9.7 Gs

Edited by Robin_Hood

Edited, it's in the 3 tracks now, I checked my YouTube video of it, that other file was from before that incident.

Oh now I notice, there was micro freeze there just before, maybe server lag caused the stress values to suddenly spike or so?

And for some reason the bank angle instrument was still locked I notice now xD

Oh now I notice, there was micro freeze there just before, maybe server lag caused the stress values to suddenly spike or so?

Most likely.

The new FM has problems with wing breaking off (happened to me due to AP oscillation) but I think cptSmiley is aware.

Helljumper - M2000C Guru

Helljumper's Youtube

Yes, this switch is not a limiter on-off switch, but switches between two different limiter modes (not only G I think, roll rate also ?).

However, I did experience wing breaking off with a clean aircraft (barring 2xR-550) using the elastic limit override while doing performance testing. At certain speeds, pulling the maximum amount of G "allowed" by overriding the limiter will break the wings.

I had the issue appear at 10 000 ft, 21 000 lbs, 2xR-550, around 450-500 knots, pulling 9.5 - 9.7 Gs

Thanks.

Yep:

AA : 9G - 270 degrees/s

CHARGES: 6G - 150 degrees/s

Mirage fanatic !

And I guess that "cptSmiley" is a Razbam dev who's currently only spending time on the Harrier? -.-

And I guess that "cptSmiley" is a Razbam dev who's currently only spending time on the Harrier? -.-

Do you understand that updating a FM takes times (weeks if not month) ? Are you aware that the mirage have had a BIG FM update last month (by ctpSmiley) ?

Edited by myHelljumper

Helljumper - M2000C Guru

Helljumper's Youtube